• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

2018 MASTERS

nagwa nagwa

Hi yes there are are two thoughts on the book imho, one is the illustrations don’t tell the story as Ben wanted and the also the interpretation in words of his thoughts were not clear, golfers have poured over the inside of that book for all sorts of meanings and if taken literally you can end up having issues but as any book it’s down to interpretation, the best bit for me was the explanation of a plane, when I read that but that blew my mind, Golf has a habit though of producing guys who have the elixir of Golf bottled when really as Hogan said in not too many words it’s practice that makes you great

nagwa nagwa

Hi yes there are are two thoughts on the book imho, one is the illustrations don’t tell the story as Ben wanted and the also the interpretation in words of his thoughts were not clear, golfers have poured over the inside of that book for all sorts of meanings and if taken literally you can end up having issues but as any book it’s down to interpretation, the best bit for me was the explanation of a plane, when I read that but that blew my mind, Golf has a habit though of producing guys who have the elixir of Golf bottled when really as Hogan said in not too many words it’s practice that makes you great
Have you read Percy Bloomers book he is the bloke who Hogan took a lot of ideas from - if you know Hogans work this fills in quite a few of the missing parts. A great book on its own but definitely fits in with Hohams.

markfinn markfinn yes i was going to put Justin Rose in as well but i will leave it at the two, i dont know about selfish i think if the talent is their you can act as you like look at Lee Trevino i liked him the most because he never takes it serious at all.

markfinn markfinn yes i was going to put Justin Rose in as well but i will leave it at the two, i dont know about selfish i think if the talent is their you can act as you like look at Lee Trevino i liked him the most because he never takes it serious at all.
When the Lawrence Batley used to be held - a friend of stewarded for the tournament - out of the blue Batley asked him if if had clubs with him - as he had been let down by friend - my mate bustles up to tee to meet his playing partners - Lee Trevino and Arnold Palmer - both played three balls on left one one straight and one right - at the presentation dinner Trevino reshuffled the top table and insisted Billy sat with him and continued to make a proper fuss over all night - a proper gent with no airs and graces is the general picture

www.worthdeveloping.co.uk/portfolio/bingley-st-ives-golf-club/

When the Lawrence Batley used to be held - a friend of stewarded for the tournament - out of the blue Batley asked him if if had clubs with him - as he had been let down by friend - my mate bustles up to tee to meet his playing partners - Lee Trevino and Arnold Palmer - both played three balls on left one one straight and one right - at the presentation dinner Trevino reshuffled the top table and insisted Billy sat with him and continued to make a proper fuss over all night - a proper gent with no airs and graces is the general picture

www.worthdeveloping.co.uk/portfolio/bingley-st-ives-golf-club/

Yes very good, sorry about the previous post i miss read it english is not a good subject for me that is why my post are never that long.

Have you read Percy Bloomers book he is the bloke who Hogan took a lot of ideas from - if you know Hogans work this fills in quite a few of the missing parts. A great book on its own but definitely fits in with Hohams.

Mark, yes I have as well as others and don’t forget the snake oil videos and DVD,s I have bought in vain promising the earth, I have spent a lot on lessons with some top teachers and for what............. handicap 6.3 and I have chipping yips I love and hate this game at the same time it’s frustrating most of the time but sometimes you hit that one shot and think it’s all worth it!

I have decided this year and have subscribed to the drill series of Bradley Hughes, excellent value from someone who has played on the tour and won I have been at them about 4 weeks and tee to green has been better, so I am exited about that part of the game.

For the last 2 years I have been between teachers each one offering something different but to be honest it’s the worse thing to do, I always said when I got shite, I would walk away as I cannot see any enjoyment in topping, slicing and everything else that happens in a bad bad round, it’s not got anywhere near that yet, and the worse thing is all my mates say it’s in my head!!!!!!!

Anyway one thing I can say is it’s 2 days to go before Augusta and the snow in Sheffield has gone so the course should be open Saturday if nothing but wet so I’m going to enjoy the spectacle and like everyone else will be no doubt having the crack on Saturday before we go out saying this and that as though we could have hit those shots!!!!!!!!

I'm more interested in getting involved after Day 1 for win bets, in the hope Tiger and Rory are overbet. I'm looking to lay Rory in the 5TBP market.

I've laid Poulter not to make the cut as I just thought 1.28 was a no brainer when he's around 4.0 to be in the top 20.

I've taken 11/4 a play off, in the hope I can trade it at some stage.

The only player I have on my side in the win market is Bubba Watson, who really should be at least 4 points shorter in my view.

C&D winner twice in recent years, in good form and now getting 300 yards with his 3 iron.

If I can get 4/5 Spieth in a match bet v Rory, I would take a decent bet.

Good comments guys and interesting how we all see this event, I would be surprised if Poulter doesn’t make the cut, that’s the only one I don’t agree on doomster doomster if he is back to his Ryder cup best and plays with some passion I think anything’s possible.

Bubba has a tendency to sulk if things don’t go his way as do a lot of others but he is moody and a feel player, never thought of the play off, Good call

Larry Larry

Just got in after watching at the range, you have to laugh how many experts are paying £8 for a jumbo then telling everyone how easy this course is!

Early days for everyone except Sergio!

Pingman Pingman old saying "you can't win it on the 1st day but you can lose it"
I remember in the Open many years ago Jack Nicklaus shooting 80+ in the 1st round then close on breaking the course record in the 2nd to make sure he was there for the weekend, didn't win it though

only a small bettor but I had a couple of quid e/w on Li Haotong @ 225/1 being offerred £80 to cash out, I could cash out & go back in say £10 e/w @ 33/1 still be £50 up on my masters bets, especially as debutants dont win the Masters

Took £90 then it went down to £84 will have £10e/w at best odds although I still don’t think a debutant will win

Sorry if this seems like after timing but I did put selections up Tuesday & I had £2 e/w on my 4 selections do I’m not going to be retiring if any of mine win.

Back