• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Yesteryear Correct Score System.

..... whilst clearing out old drawers full of rubbish brought on by the need to keep occupied and the coronavirus bug, I rediscovered this little gem system. It was actually by a Mr.Lee Edmonds in a very old edition of the Racing Post Letters section, and must be at least a quarter of a century old. Anyway to cut the waffle, I cut this out and saved it and used it to good effect until it went absent and got lost in the process. The system uses only Celtic and Rangers and the first five scores on the Correct Scores list. So for example Celtic were playing away it would be cover Celtic and the first five scores 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 0-3 and 1-3 plus Rangers at home 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0 and 3-1 = 5 x 5 = 25 correct score doubles @ whatever stake. In its day it was fairly successful and Mr.Edmunds stated too that he had also had some very good returns. So in this football starved world of today, I thought that this might bring a little ray of sunshine for better times ahead. Enjoy when we are virus free! ;)

Shauno Shauno ..... hi John good to see you around, you must be continuing to dodge the virus successfully with your weekly visit to give blood. Hope you are still doing well amid all of this upset. I must admit when I dug this out it must have been years as I forgot all about it. May have been in the days when Rangers were an equal force to Celtic when they were both jockeying around for the Scottish title. I think that Rangers may be the weak link these days and really are still building some of their bridges after their demotion a while back. Been a long climb back, so probably still settling down. I see no reason why this system cannot be applied to two equally strong teams in the EPL, but I guess we will have a little wait for anything like that to happen. ;)

If you had done these, the annoying thing was 2 bets lost because Celtic scored 4+.
Hopefully when the football returns we should avoid those boring summer months scratching to find a game to bet on.
6 weeks today since the HA. Still breathing and virus dodged, at present. Hope you’re keeping well and getting out for a permitted socially responsible bit of exercise.

.... No external exercise as the missus cannot walk very far without aid. So it is down to a daily slog on the exercise bike. Usually do a grinding twenty minutes or so and about 5.5 kilometers and counting the number of cars going past on the main road, and wondering if they are all genuine cases or doing the virus police dodge. Sometimes about 140 per hour going past and it is just a small village scenario. I cannot believe they all have a good reason for being on the road. :eek:

..... on reflection I think this system could be used with say teams like Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and probably Manchester United. Probably using Liverpool may upset the balance as they tend to be higher scorers. Definitely food for thought though when the footy does eventually come around again. ;)

Interesting idea. I love a correct score bet and am studying some ideas at the minute. This could work well in spain with barca and real and possibly germany with bayern and dortmund.

.... Hi there and welcome to the site. Yes there is plenty of scope to formulate one's ideas. Providing the chosen teams are not too big scorers it should work well. :)

I once saw something similar it was top team in England/Germany/Italy/Spain same top five scorelines doing doubles & trebles, bet only between October & March it stated start with 1p bets then double after each win costing £6.50 each week. It stated it had never had a losing season. It was last century because I did it 1 week at a local bookies before the days of the internet from memory the bet was very hard to place but I think I got a return don't remember if it was profitable though. Couldn't do it now as nowhere would accept a 1p bet

Thanks for the welcome! Like I said I'm currently looking at correct scores across the main leagues. Once I have some conclusions/ideas I'll pop them on here and feel free to critique and make suggestions. I'm a pen and paper guy still and currently in lockdown with a 5 year old so my previous workings have ground to a halt but this has given me the boot up the backside I've needed!

One of my favourite correct score bets I used to do, in pre-internet days, ran along the same lines as the OP.

I would look to find ten correct score predictions (usually the draws 0-0, 1-1) from 10 matches and break them into two groups of five - A & B.
I would then write out my bet slip.....Perm 5 x 5 correct score doubles (A x B) = 25 bets @ 10p = £2.50 ......or whatever I could afford......and pop into a local Ladbrokes on the way home from work before the weekend's matches.

Doing it this way each score/bet counted and would generally stick to the top two English leagues.
Some teams were just naturally low scorers....like Arsenal, Everton, Spurs....and I would focus on them.

Cannot recall any really big successful wins, but probably plenty of.......oh!! so close there....types :)
But it was fun trying......along with the many other scatterbrain ideas I would pursue.

Also, welcome N Norn iron

Last edited:
Cheers retriever. I love those types of bets. For a couple of years I did a weekly correct score heinz on the teams across the big leagues who were regular winners so barca, real, bayern, juventus, psg, celtic and man city I think. Anyway I'd worked out their most common score going back 5 seasons, most were 2-0 from memory! The most I ever got right was 4 from the 7. Not the retirement bet I hoped for but still a decent return.
Anyway this is something I'm looking at again but with a few tweeks.

I once saw something similar it was top team in England/Germany/Italy/Spain same top five scorelines doing doubles & trebles, bet only between October & March it stated start with 1p bets then double after each win costing £6.50 each week. It stated it had never had a losing season. It was last century because I did it 1 week at a local bookies before the days of the internet from memory the bet was very hard to place but I think I got a return don't remember if it was profitable though. Couldn't do it now as nowhere would accept a 1p bet

.... yes I think that the days of the penny bet have long gone. I remember in bygone years that many systems were set out as fun bets using ridiculously low stakes like a penny a shot. There used to be a lot of useful perms around and even an odd go at the Penny Points Pools was real good fun. I used to get lots and lots of pools coupons pushed through the letter box, Littlewoods, Empire, Zetters etc all trying to tempt you to spend your hard earned cash. But it was good fun in those days! ;)

Thanks for the welcome! Like I said I'm currently looking at correct scores across the main leagues. Once I have some conclusions/ideas I'll pop them on here and feel free to critique and make suggestions. I'm a pen and paper guy still and currently in lockdown with a 5 year old so my previous workings have ground to a halt but this has given me the boot up the backside I've needed!

.... good to see that you have got the rust knocked off. We could do with some footballing punters in the football section here. When I joined it was nearly all horsey talk going on, so I have tried to move things along a little with various ideas etc. Anything you feel is worthy of contribution is always acceptable and broadens the discussion horizon's. Keep up the good work!;)

Last edited:
One of my favourite correct score bets I used to do, in pre-internet days, ran along the same lines as the OP.

I would look to find ten correct score predictions (usually the draws 0-0, 1-1) from 10 matches and break them into two groups of five - A & B.
I would then write out my bet slip.....Perm 5 x 5 correct score doubles (A x B) = 25 bets @ 10p = £2.50 ......or whatever I could afford......and pop into a local Ladbrokes on the way home from work before the weekend's matches.

Doing it this way each score/bet counted and would generally stick to the top two English leagues.
Some teams were just naturally low scorers....like Arsenal, Everton, Spurs....and I would focus on them.

Cannot recall any really big successful wins, but probably plenty of.......oh!! so close there....types :)
But it was fun trying......along with the many other scatterbrain ideas I would pursue.

Also, welcome N Norn iron

.... yes those were the days, one seemed to get an awful lot for one's money then. Seems as if most things you tend to see are involved with trading and inplay. I remember looking forward to the old weekly fixed odds coupon at my local newsagents and popping in there on a morning to collect. Always looked forward to certain days and always keen to make my fortune, which I never managed. Good fun on the long list I think the usual thing was about six to eight results and something like odds 8/1. Loved getting involved.;)

Cheers retriever. I love those types of bets. For a couple of years I did a weekly correct score heinz on the teams across the big leagues who were regular winners so barca, real, bayern, juventus, psg, celtic and man city I think. Anyway I'd worked out their most common score going back 5 seasons, most were 2-0 from memory! The most I ever got right was 4 from the 7. Not the retirement bet I hoped for but still a decent return.
Anyway this is something I'm looking at again but with a few tweeks.

..... looks a decent bet, all the big guns up there so one would naturally expect some decent returns from a star studded seven fold like that. The trouble is that some team somewhere always manage to cock things up. The whole seven never seem to be as consistent as one would expect. :eek:

..... looks a decent bet, all the big guns up there so one would naturally expect some decent returns from a star studded seven fold like that. The trouble is that some team somewhere always manage to cock things up. The whole seven never seem to be as consistent as one would expect. :eek:

Like you say Delboy99 it's amazing how rarely they all win. I see that big acca as my lottery bet and why I cover it as a super heinz as anything 4 and above right has good returns.
Also with the way bookies are with accounts I reckon the only way to make serious money is to land a big acca and personally I enjoy them.
Anyway I'm still plodding through my correct score analysis. I wish I wasn't such a technophobe!

..... Nothing wrong with doing some research and a bit of probing if it helps the cause. Landing a big one, or even the mere thought of landing a big one makes the blood rush to the head. I must dig out an old system where you back all the matches that appeared on the coupons with 1-1 draw, I believe. May be wrong but will look into this for interest sake. :)

..... Nothing wrong with doing some research and a bit of probing if it helps the cause. Landing a big one, or even the mere thought of landing a big one makes the blood rush to the head. I must dig out an old system where you back all the matches that appeared on the coupons with 1-1 draw, I believe. May be wrong but will look into this for interest sake. :)

I'd be interested to see that. I have some figures on 1-1 scores across the main leagues. I'll put them on here when I get a chance to look at them.

Back