• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Yesteryear Correct Score System - Part Two.

..... whilst clearing out old drawers full of rubbish brought on by the need to keep occupied and the coronavirus bug, I rediscovered this little gem system. It was actually by a Mr.Lee Edmonds in a very old edition of the Racing Post Letters section, and must be at least a quarter of a century old. Anyway to cut the waffle, I cut this out and saved it and used it to good effect until it went absent and got lost in the process. The system uses only Celtic and Rangers and the first five scores on the Correct Scores list. So for example Celtic were playing away it would be cover Celtic and the first five scores 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 0-3 and 1-3 plus Rangers at home 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0 and 3-1 = 5 x 5 = 25 correct score doubles @ whatever stake. In its day it was fairly successful and Mr.Edmunds stated too that he had also had some very good returns. So in this football starved world of today, I thought that this might bring a little ray of sunshine for better times ahead. Enjoy when we are virus free! ;)

..... I have resurrected this from the ashes of The Yesteryear Correct Score System with a view to experimenting further with the above idea but with a different array of teams substituted. I believe that by using 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-1 and 2-1 will justify using a paper trial at least to start off the new season with. So with these scores above substituted I have conducted an exercise and found that the following teams playing home matches only, could be a viable proposition for experimentation. These teams appear to be in that so called frame:- Leicester C 15.7%, Newcastle U 31.57%, Brighton 21.05%, Crystal P 28.95%, Burnley 23.68% and Wolves 21.11% and fitting in with the above scores throughout last season's results. So until the new season comes along I will be using this space to experiment further and try and discover if this Is a worthwhile proposition in an effort to beat the Bookie. ;)

You caught me there Delboy99. I had a Deja-Vu moment when I read the first post.
.... I bet you thought ..... here we go again ..... duplication!
No I thought it would be better to resurrect the thread as a part two, as there had been one or two chunks of systems nestling in there which kind of threw students of the introduced system, off the beaten track. By reintroducing it here, those of us who are truly interested, can concentrate in peace and thus have all the pieces of jig saw in the one handy place. It may not even amount to anything worthwhile, but hopefully with further study and maybe some added suggestions, we can all travel along the same road together. ;)

.... I bet you thought ..... here we go again ..... duplication!
No I thought it would be better to resurrect the thread as a part two, as there had been one or two chunks of systems nestling in there which kind of threw students of the introduced system, off the beaten track. By reintroducing it here, those of us who are truly interested, can concentrate in peace and thus have all the pieces of jig saw in the one handy place. It may not even amount to anything worthwhile, but hopefully with further study and maybe some added suggestions, we can all travel along the same road together. ;)
And we have the return of the Scottish Prem this weekend. Timely.

Last edited:
Good luck Delboy99 Delboy99 I promise not to go slinging mud everywhere and will follow as an interested student !! Especially as you have my Brighton in your list....

Last edited:
.... I think the emotion above deserves another accolade of, "I will keep a sharp lookout for your beloved Seagulls". :gotcha:

..... thanks Lief, I see you still sitting there in the background obviously tied up with your young bundle of trouble. Nice though to be in that position, all my young birds flew the nest a while back making their own way in the world like many others. :(

..... although the season is still in its infancy I thought that if any fixtures come up within the framework of this system it might be worth following on paper to try and discover if our theories are anywhere near the mark. This will be a paper trial initially and we will be using correct scores 0-0, 1-0, 0-1,1-1 and 2-1. So this week we have Newcastle U v Brighton & H A and Leicester C v Burnley in a paper double using these scores. Let's look at this with interest and see just what happens. Interesting. ;)

Odds for the above read:-
Newcastle Leicester
0-0... 9.4...... 13.5
1-0... 8.6...... 7.8
0-1... 9.4...... 18.5
1-1... 6.8...... 8.4
2-1... 12........9.6 ;)

....forgot to report back on this one. Well the simple answer for this week in particular, is that the system was way off target! Newcastle finished 0-3 and Leicester finished 4-2, so not a lot gained from this attempt. Onwards towards the next attempt. ;)

OK two new teams to try this system:-
... CRYSTAL P --- BURNLEY
0-0 ... 10..5 ........... 10.5
1-0 ... 12.0 ............ 12.0
0-1 ..... 7.8 ............... 8.8
1-1 ..... 7.2 ............... 7.0
2-1 .....15.0 ............. 13.5

See how these fare in these early days. ;)

.... in this week's attempt to land a double combining chosen scores we were not that far away really. Crystal Palace match was 1-2 so we had that the wrong way around. But the Burnley match was spot on with 0-1 appearing as the correct score at 8.8. Had the Crystal Palace match been the other way around we would have landed a 132-1 double which was not to be sneezed at. Onward's towards next week for more. ;)

.... OK this week we have three of the selected teams playing at home, so we go for the experimental scores:-

................................... 0-0 ... 1-0 ... 0-1 ... 1-1 ... 2-1
Newcastle U ......... 9.4 .... 8.4 .... 9.8 .... 7.0 ....11.5
Leicester C ............19.0 ... 9.8 ....20.0 ... 9.0 ..... 9.0
Wolves ....................11.5 ... 6.2 ...20.0 .... 9.2 .....10.0

So these were the odds I picked up recently and these will be taken against any of the scores should they appear correctly.Will be interesting. ;)

..... well it certainly wasn't a weekend to be messing on much with correct scores. Some strange results to say the least with Man U getting hit for 6-1 on their own turf by Spurs and Aston Villa going nap, who would have believed they would have hammered Liverpool out of sight for 7-2. They look to have the makings of a decent side. Grealish and new boy Ross Berkeley teamed up well to put the Merseysiders under the cosh. Getting back to our weekly outing on the correct scoreline, we had Newcastle United winning 3-1 and Leicester having a nightmare losing 3-0 to the Hammers who have looked quite ordinary in previous outings. So the only scoreline which matched our efforts was Wolves who won 1-0 @ 6.2, so we had one scoreline in the bracket. Early days as yet, and some strange results, could it be down to lack of home support as most punters are beginning to think? ;)

I think your system has legs Delboy99 Delboy99
Especially now we’re getting a few weeks in, these high scoring games cannot last surely (pressure off from lack of crowds??) so we must start to see some lower scoring games in order to correct the long term averages

these high scoring games cannot last surely

its a strange phenomenon ... total points in NFL games are around 6-7 pts per game on average above the bookies spread. So far this season the "over" has only failed to hit a couple of times.

I think your system has legs @
Delboy99
Delboy99
..... yes I think there are possibilities there but currently the market has not settled down due to Covid 19. May take a week or two before the dust settles but this looks simple enough to at least get a few decent results correct over a period of time. ;)

Back