• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Wtf is going on

this may be near the knuckle but my mate joked is not long ago ISI was trying to get people to join them only requirements was
you had to a a HGV licence to join sorry in advance

just seen this
If ever there was a roving reporter that could cover a fuel shortage and here he is the one the only
Mr Phil Mcann thank you

just thought this funny as queues are getting longer and longer
A pub has hilariously capitalised on people panic buying petrol and is using the chaos to jokingly encourage punters to buy their beer.

FAEWs9EUYAsNHZ7.jpg

Ironically, a beer shortage could well be on the cards. Meanwhile, due to the energy crisis, CO2 needed to carbonate and dispense beer is in short supply with prices increasing.
what a mad mad world we live in

just thought this funny as queues are getting longer and longer
A pub has hilariously capitalised on people panic buying petrol and is using the chaos to jokingly encourage punters to buy their beer.

FAEWs9EUYAsNHZ7.jpg

Ironically, a beer shortage could well be on the cards. Meanwhile, due to the energy crisis, CO2 needed to carbonate and dispense beer is in short supply with prices increasing.
what a mad mad world we live in
People whine about excess CO2 in the atmosphere yet no one has suggested drinking more beer to help use some of it up ;-0

All this has come about because the public want cheap living - no point complaining or flooding the place with slave labour - time to face up to realities pay Uk nationals the wages or cut the cloth. There are currently 43000 qualified drivers in Uk that choose to or are forced to earn a living doing something else.

All this has come about because the public want cheap living - no point complaining or flooding the place with slave labour - time to face up to realities pay Uk nationals the wages or cut the cloth. There are currently 43000 qualified drivers in Uk that choose to or are forced to earn a living doing something else.
The number of qualified HGV drivers that choose not to drive Lorries for a living is in the hundreds of thousands Mark.

You can always get someone to do a job IF you are willing to pay the money.

Companies are too used to wages being driven down my cheap labour from europe, not just for hgv drivers, and are now crying foul cos they'll have to sacrifice some of their bottom line and maybe get rid of some head office dead wood. Plus things like ir35 have just exacerbated the problem as said in post#11

The number of qualified HGV drivers that choose not to drive Lorries for a living is in the hundreds of thousands Mark.
Is it really amazing - I was quoting the article from “the grocer “ - they were on about the number who qualify and then dont ever drive -

Is it really amazing - I was quoting the article from “the grocer “ - they were on about the number who qualify and then dont ever drive -
I heard it on "Peston" on ITV the other night the figures came from the head honcho of the Haulage association.
I have a few friends who have HGV class one licences but they are HGV mechanics or Plant machinery mechanics so they would never be driving trucks for a living.

Lorry driving is a terrible job, and the returns don't warrant the responsibility, dangers, and hardships.
The only good thing about it was the "freedom to be king of the road".

Those days are long gone; the Scottish were the best in GB, punching up and down with beef.
But nowadays, with all the congestion, traffic, dick-heads, every place you turn, tacographs, ministry spot-checks, old bill, and general hassle, it ain't worth £40 an hour.
The Yorkie Bar girl in the lorry park gets more than that! :D

Even Stobarts near went out of business, and, they had the fkn tesco contract.
Those prats depress everything they touch; on behalf of a public fed on bull -s t, and living in a fool's paradise of make-believe.

the big supermarkets bust everybody with their tactics. It is not sustainable.

How tf do I know?
I used to go out as a"lorry-driver's mate" when I was thirteen. I loved the freedom.
'Twas hard work off-loading by the hand, but, after that, we went a'searching for a load to take back for a bit of bunce. Ain't no good travelling empty.

Some days the driver was so tired , he'd go off the road into a farmer's field and back out another. I'd wake up , if he hadn't bothered to open the gate first.
Then he'd give me a bo licking and a clip round the ear.

Everything was always my fault.
The good old days! I was just as happy when I went in the coal mine. But, that was badly paid, so I went to Australia.

Like the British Empire, it ain't never coming back.
All folks want nowadays is playing on their phones and roaring about at 2am around Muckdonald's carpark, with Ford Fiestas that would wake the dead, with the fireworks in the exhaust.

People have had it easy, and they ain't prepared for the wake-up call, 'cos they never had to do anything in their life.

So, there's not much can be done, till we get a new generation that ain't been spoilt by anti-social media and easy living.

Good luck, everybody! We're gonna need it.
My day is gone.

"It always seems impossible till it's done."

Clocks are an invention to aid mankind, not to rule us. :D

I thought this thread had died the death; and, I ain't supposed to be here at all.
Over and out.

Back