• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Wtf is going on

Outlander

Gelding
This country is shot to pieces ,one thing after another, you get a fixed deal for 2 years for gas and electric at £150 a month which is way more than anyone should be paying , then less than a week later your supplier goes bust and you are gonna be switched to some other rip off merchants who will now want £225 a month, but who knows it will probably run out completely soon because it’s happening with petrol, now no petrol at all the entire large town of Warrington. Zero petrol in a whole large town !
We are going back to medieval times pretty soon imo, nobody is going to be able to afford food, energy or petrol. We will all be wrapped up in animal furs in caves hunting rats for sustenance.

This country is shot to pieces ,one thing after another, you get a fixed deal for 2 years for gas and electric at £150 a month
£150 a month what are you living in? I pay quarterly and my last bill for gas and electricity was only approx £185 (British Gas).

Mike.

mick

Sire
At the outset of the pandemic a minority of the public started panic buying food and is the same thing now occurring Re petrol. ? Re energy prices i think a piss take at the highest level and the Gov should be holding those responsible accountable but this is unlikely. !

Outlander

Gelding
£150 a month what are you living in? I pay quarterly and my last bill for gas and electricity was only approx £185 (British Gas).

Mike.
Wow , i only have heating on about 4 months of the year, put our annual electricity and gas usage into comparison site and they want over £200 a month now, I live in a normal house it is extended 4 bedrooms.
We we’re paying about £130 a month on our last fixed deal , that came to an end this month the new fixed deal was upped to around £148, now supplier gone bust and the best deal around is over £200 now.The prices have gone crazy when my wife set up the new deal last week for £148, British Gas quoted £160, one week later British Gas now quote £215 for the same usage

Last edited:
O Outlander

I think I should mention, that recently I had my house completely re-wired and a new central heating system and bathroom installed to the latest energy specs costing me about £7300, plus in the loft the insulation is double thick, maybe this is why my bills are low.
So far my central heating system hasn't switched itself on, I just took a look at the thermostat and the house temperature is currently 20 degrees.
I am hoping that the new energy "F" spec fridge freezer I purchased about a month ago will also help with bills.

The current E10 so-called fuel crisis will not affect me, I drive a euro 6 diesel car, car tax £20.

Mike.

Last edited:

Sandhog

Gelding
Erm, gas is going to be phased out, according to the rulers , who just mouth platitudes and pay lip-service to "cutting carbon".

I live in a caravan, and, gas and electricity account for my highest bills per annum.
We used to be able to use a woodburner, but that's also out now.

I think it's going to be a hard winter for OAPs ( I'm one myself) with shortages, NHS backlogs, and high prices.

Those in my 4-bed detached will be worse off, imo.
I pay for freedom, but, 'twill be a sad day when we can no longer get a gas cylinder.
The climate may be better, however. :D

Anyway, I'm not supposed to be on here, as I said, I'd stick to horseracing only.
So, toodlepip and good luck all!

dave58

Administrator
I have to admit that the thread title seems appropriate - we watch the UK news and it does sound like it's all doom and gloom over there what with one thing and another.
Why on earth is there suddenly a shortage of lorry drivers for example - surety if the salary is attractive enough then you will get applicants for the job?

mick

Sire
I have to admit that the thread title seems appropriate - we watch the UK news and it does sound like it's all doom and gloom over there what with one thing and another.
Well this should lighten the load...........i swore i would never buy another Strimmer so have just spent two hours on my knees doing my edging old school. When i finished i felt a temporary glow of satisfaction until i found i could not stand up. :eek:

Last edited:

pawras

Gelding
Why on earth is there suddenly a shortage of lorry drivers for example - surety if the salary is attractive enough then you will get applicants for the job?
there's shortages across europe not just here.
for lorry drivers it's a combo of kungflu, an ageing workforce (most drivers are over 50) , ir35 which kills the attractiveness of working freelance because you basically get taxed to shit but still have no employment rights & employers not wanting to increase wages to freelance or permie drivers.

in my experience via a lot of companies across the uk, you can always get people, in any profession, if you are willing to pay the money, but if you're not prepared to pay then you'll struggle or people will take the job but then walk the second they get offered something better. Personally I've had no qualms about doing the latter.

Brexit is looney stuff.
This is what happened to me last time with a brexiter:
I knock on his door and say something to him in Greek - I believed he was a Cypriot.
Kalispera sas. Ti kanete ?
But the Cyprus man was living next door.
The brexiter went mad.

there's shortages across europe not just here.
for lorry drivers it's a combo of kungflu, an ageing workforce (most drivers are over 50) , ir35 which kills the attractiveness of working freelance because you basically get taxed to shit but still have no employment rights & employers not wanting to increase wages to freelance or permie drivers.

in my experience via a lot of companies across the uk, you can always get people, in any profession, if you are willing to pay the money, but if you're not prepared to pay then you'll struggle or people will take the job but then walk the second they get offered something better. Personally I've had no qualms about doing the latter.

Ha'.
I eat hot dogs giant size every day.

Sandhog

Gelding
Btw, anybody who is a lorry driver beware of these offers being made by big supermarkets.
A mate of mine, who has been at it for decades long distance to the Middle East etc, told me that the extra payments won't kick -in till the "crisis" is over, and by then drivers will be ten a penny , so they'll just lay ya off before they cough up.

You been warned.
He's retired now, but does a few short runs for the right people.:D

Over and out, good buddy, 10 -4 and all the rest of it.

dave58

Administrator
Apropos of nothing, but seems to go with the thread title, us here have noticed an increase in the number of tourists here, which is a good thing for the economy and it's nice to see people that we recognise from a couple of years ago.
However, we have just heard that because of the volcanic activity on one of our sister islands flights to and from here have now been cancelled for the immediate future.
Total chaos at the moment here - luckily the weather is OK and a few of us are looking after properties for people who aren't here so we can put people up, but it just adds to the general sense that the whole world is going bonkers.

pawras

Gelding
Wait until the power grid gets unreliable like a non first world country if we end up relying too much on windmills and solar, I'll soon have diesel generator installed in a shed out the back and a big stack of car batteries. Even though the UK's pollution contribution is minuscule compared to such as India and China who don't give eco nazi's house room and will continue doing what they want regardless.

eeyore

Yearling
hi all what all this then
Wind farms were paid more than £1.8 million to shut down this week – at a time when consumers face huge rises in energy bills because of the spiralling cost of natural gas

the energy price rises will only benefit the firm that own them not english firms mostly china

and the petrol prices will only benefit the governments as we get the cheapest fuel in the world but time the governments add their taxes we are the dearest it always been and will continue

all this and panic buying and the supermarket prices are going up to 5% in next few week and covid cases going up

its a mad mad world we live in and its all about money and how much profit they can make and how quickly
god that of me chest
everybody have a lovely lovely day