• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Would you take the 10/11 on trump or the 11/10 on Biden

Frank Boyle

Yearling
He is now still positive for Covid and instead of being in quarantine, he is back in the oval office "working", anyone that goes near him has to wear goggles, full Protective gear and be tested and doused down both before and after seeing him, its no way to run the country, but here we are. Frightening.
Yes pete pete, I agree, Frightening, and seems immoral even to discuss in betting terms the future of such a divided Nation.

I have a sister in-law living in the US and her son has recently purchased a handgun and a sub-machine gun for their personal protection.

Law and Order seems a major issue.

Where people think the pendulum is at at any point in time is subjective according to their own person overton window
Agreed pawras pawras its actually Sunak who has positioned the overton window with his Furlough schemes and his "Eat out to help out" so well that you would think it was a Leftie in 11.

pete

Dam
have a sister in-law living in the US and her son has recently purchased a handgun and a sub-machine gun for their personal protection.
Probably depends where you live.
I personally would say that lack of health insurance would kill me much. much sooner than anyone rioting or looting might.
I can't say that I have ever been in fear for my safety no matter where I have lived in the USA.
Where I am right now, I can't even remember the last time i locked my doors at night.

Last edited:

kenny jones

Yearling
A lot has happened since I started this thread suggesting that Trump was value at 10/11 in a two horse race.I cant believe he has wandered out to 2/1.Its a gift.Trump will win despite what the polls say.
I am going flat out on the Trump winning.I have sold my box set of only fools and horses for £16 on ebay and every penny of it is down on a trump victory.I will not accept defeat :) :) :)
kenny :)

tacker

Gelding
A lot has happened since I started this thread suggesting that Trump was value at 10/11 in a two horse race.I cant believe he has wandered out to 2/1.Its a gift.Trump will win despite what the polls say.
I am going flat out on the Trump winning.I have sold my box set of only fools and horses for £16 on ebay and every penny of it is down on a trump victory.I will not accept defeat :) :) :)
kenny :)
A really intelligent bet dave.

kenny jones

Yearling
HI Pete,
I know medical care over there is a BIG issue.We have friends over there who are reluctant to take early retirement because of the cost of medical insurance.Over here we have the NHS.Within 4 years it will all be gone because people voted in a tory government.
kenny

pete

Dam
I know medical care over there is a BIG issue.
It is the biggest issue for many.

Personally I use Obamacare, (trump is currently in court to invalidate my insurance and has shown no plans to what it will be replaced with) The plan costs me $400 per month out of pocket. This $400 entitles me to nothing much of anything.

I then have a $4500 deductible that I have to meet before my insurance will pay anything ... Once I have hit my $4500 out of pocket, my insurance will kindly pay 80% of my costs (i'm still on the hook for another 20% of any costs) This continues until I have paid $10,000 out of pocket (as well as my monthly $400 ... at which point they pay for everything.

To give you an idea of costs :

A doctors appointment is $150.
An ultrasound of my thyroid was $1200
Routine bloodwork for doctors appointment was $450
A trip to the hospital in an ambulance runs around $800-1200

My last 8-10 years I have averaged out of pocket costs of approx $8-10,000 per year.
I have frequently not taken medications that I have been prescribed because of the cost.
I have frequently not seen a doctor because of costs.

Many people in the USA have insurance tied to their jobs. (their employer pays a big percentage of the monthly premium and is able to deduct it as business expense) The issue here is that, if you have a job and you get cancer, your employer can terminate your employment .. which leaves you with no insurance, which means you die. Most jobs do not come with "sick time", most jobs do not come with "paid time off" or "paid holidays", most jobs are in "at will" states, which means that an employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason and they do not have to give a reason or justification.

Life expectancy in poor neighbourhoods in cities (usually minorities) is 20 years less than life expectancy a mile away where people have access to healthcare. Its a frightening system that you just cannot get your head around unless you experience it.

Last edited:

markfinn

Sire
at 2/1 Trump is no longer value, i'd be looking for 4's right now if i were to have bet.
I have better than 2 but not 3 just thought a value punt - health I understand difficult - my friend who lived in Florida for around ten years suffered a heart problem and was airlifted back to London in a private ambulance jet along with his wife as insurance company said it most cost effective way to go - happy ending but he then had problems getting back due to insurances being withdrawn -

pete

Dam
This time 4 years ago Trump was down a similar amount in the polls, however there was lots of "undecideds"
In 2016 a huge majority of those undecideds flipped for trump on election day, this time around there just are not people there for him to get at anymore, he could win every single undecided vote and it still would not be enough. At this point he now has to pull people away from biden and over to him. Is it possible .. sure, it depends how much fear he can stoke between now and the election.

Last edited:
My lifelong friend who I went to school with has lived in the USA for many years ( he initially emigrated to Canada years ago) he's married to an American lady and they have lived in Charlotte NC for a good while but has very recently sold up and moved back to Canada almost entirely due to the healthcare system and an unbridled hatred of Donald Trump.

mick

Sire
Reading the above then its clear that in this country we take plenty for granted Re our NHS. I had no idea that the situation in America was so dire. !

kenny jones

Yearling
It is the biggest issue for many.

Personally I use Obamacare, (trump is currently in court to invalidate my insurance and has shown no plans to what it will be replaced with) The plan costs me $400 per month out of pocket. This $400 entitles me to nothing much of anything.

I then have a $4500 deductible that I have to meet before my insurance will pay anything ... Once I have hit my $4500 out of pocket, my insurance will kindly pay 80% of my costs (i'm still on the hook for another 20% of any costs) This continues until I have paid $10,000 out of pocket (as well as my monthly $400 ... at which point they pay for everything.

To give you an idea of costs :

A doctors appointment is $150.
An ultrasound of my thyroid was $1200
Routine bloodwork for doctors appointment was $450
A trip to the hospital in an ambulance runs around $800-1200

My last 8-10 years I have averaged out of pocket costs of approx $8-10,000 per year.
I have frequently not taken medications that I have been prescribed because of the cost.
I have frequently not seen a doctor because of costs.

Many people in the USA have insurance tied to their jobs. (their employer pays a big percentage of the monthly premium and is able to deduct it as business expense) The issue here is that, if you have a job and you get cancer, your employer can terminate your employment .. which leaves you with no insurance, which means you die. Most jobs do not come with "sick time", most jobs do not come with "paid time off" or "paid holidays", most jobs are in "at will" states, which means that an employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason and they do not have to give a reason or justification.

Life expectancy in poor neighbourhoods in cities (usually minorities) is 20 years less than life expectancy a mile away where people have access to healthcare. Its a frightening system that you just cannot get your head around unless you experience it.
Hi Pete,
It seems that not only have they got people over a barrel with health,but with employment as well.Before the last election I kept screaming from the rooftops about the NHS.Labour under a Corbyn administration would have kicked out the privateers and invested in the NHS.The tories have over the last ten years cut billions off the NHS budget.Health is the single most importnat issue for people and still people voted in the very party who as we speak are dismantling the NHS bit by bit.Within 4 years it will be history.The sad thing is Corbyn is out and labour have now been taken over by the blairites,so we will never(certainly not in my lifetime) see the NHS be re-established in the UK.
Perhaps Trumps attempt to irradicate the remains of Obamacare(itself far from ideal) might be a step to far for his supporters.
Kenny

pawras

Colt
Personally I think both sides are a shower of shite in different areas.

How the money is distributed within the NHS etc I dunno, but this site is interesting if you want the facts and figures re different areas of spending over time etc.

I'm not seeing any reduction in NHS spending in actual £s but as a % of GDP it states it's gone from a max of 7.65% to 7.1%
While I'm pro nhs , and very against the PFI debt mountain Labour created for it, I'm not impressed with the fact that people want/expect a grade A service but seem to think other people should be ones that shoulder the cost.

Last edited:

kenny jones

Yearling
Hi all
still a while to go until the election,trump will win.The people betting against him are listening to the polls most of which are rubbish.A lot has been spoken about the floating (undecided) vote being the lynchpin of this election But if the floaters voted for trump last time they will do so again because biden is no real opposition.The medical insurance thing wont crack it.Look at the UK,millions of people voted tory knowing they were signing the death knell of the NHS.
2/1 would be value.Personally I hope he loses,but the opposition is equally as uninspiring.With those two over their and Johnson and starmer over here I can only ask how did politics get this bad.?????????:(:(:(:(:(:(

markfinn

Sire
Hi all
still a while to go until the election,trump will win.The people betting against him are listening to the polls most of which are rubbish.A lot has been spoken about the floating (undecided) vote being the lynchpin of this election But if the floaters voted for trump last time they will do so again because biden is no real opposition.The medical insurance thing wont crack it.Look at the UK,millions of people voted tory knowing they were signing the death knell of the NHS.
2/1 would be value.Personally I hope he loses,but the opposition is equally as uninspiring.With those two over their and Johnson and starmer over here I can only ask how did politics get this bad.?????????:(:(:(:(:(:(
I have to agree from what I see and hear the opposition is not there and with this scandal attached to Bidons son Trump is sure to make that pay - pete pete is on the ground so should have better feel - but the odds seem to represent value in 2 horse race - is it like boxing where the champ should always be fav until actually knock out - the undecider's may well stick with what they know.