• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Would you be able to suss out how these people win long priced horses?

I have been betting on horses for decades and found a system on match bets ( one horse to beat another, where ever they finish in the field) this has been profitable for me. But since lockdown when there has been no racing i used my time to look at previous horse results and i have found a system that since horse racing resumed this year has given me a 40-60 points profit a month backing horses to place on Betfair.
This has produced 33-1 winners 20-1 winners even 40-1 placed horses.
All i can say is use Racing post ratings . After all these years of betting on horses the answer has been staring me in the face all this time. Its there in the details . Believe me, if you look hard enough you can find it.
obviously i Cant reveal the system as there isn't enough liquidity in the place market for me to share.
but all you need is the racing post .. thats it.

Then why post the above Fazman Fazman if you can not reveal. Prior to writing the post had you been to the pub and sunk a few sherberts, if so i hope you did not mix with more then 30 people otherwise Boris will smack your bum you naughty boy.:D

Arkle

I have been betting on horses for decades and found a system on match bets ( one horse to beat another, where ever they finish in the field) this has been profitable for me. But since lockdown when there has been no racing i used my time to look at previous horse results and i have found a system that since horse racing resumed this year has given me a 40-60 points profit a month backing horses to place on Betfair.
This has produced 33-1 winners 20-1 winners even 40-1 placed horses.
All i can say is use Racing post ratings . After all these years of betting on horses the answer has been staring me in the face all this time. Its there in the details . Believe me, if you look hard enough you can find it.
obviously i Cant reveal the system as there isn't enough liquidity in the place market for me to share.
but all you need is the racing post .. thats it.

Hi Fazman Fazman welcome to the forum.
Are you by any chance connected to the Racing Post, as that is how your first post here reads?
Not necessarily a problem but it would be nice to know, thanks.

Hi Fazman Fazman just a thought but how about posting your selections pre race for a while. This would not reveal your system details and i would not anticipate it affecting your market. What it would do is create interest and give some validity to your above. Surely a win - win for all concerned. :)

Then why post the above Fazman Fazman if you can not reveal. Prior to writing the post had you been to the pub and sunk a few sherberts, if so i hope you did not mix with more then 30 people otherwise Boris will smack your bum you naughty boy.:D

Arkle
Hi there Arkle, i was just asnwering the question of the original post” how to people pick big price winners”
If you just play to a system that works , if the horse is 2-1 or 33-1 it doesnt matter , if the horse meets your criteria for selection then its a bet . It has worked for me . I dont back horses in class 3 or higher , its easier to find a good horse in a bunch of donkeys than it is to find a good horse in a bunch of other good horses.
And i gave up drinking 10 years ago.

Hi Fazman Fazman welcome to the forum.
Are you by any chance connected to the Racing Post, as that is how your first post here reads?
Not necessarily a problem but it would be nice to know, thanks.
Hi there
😂 no i am a normal punter who works for network rail. Im just saying i have tried many ways to try and pick winners for 25 years and the one i have found works best -i get all the data i need from the Racing post App or website .. its free to use.

Hi Fazman Fazman just a thought but how about posting your selections pre race for a while. This would not reveal your system details and i would not anticipate it affecting your market. What it would do is create interest and give some validity to your above. Surely a win - win for all concerned. :)
Hi there
Theres not much on Sunday thats meets criteria but will be playing 4 places on Rotherwick 3.15 Bath ( should be about 2.7-3.0 on Betfair )
Also Gilt edge 3.45 could run into a place .

Made small profit today backing Gilt edge to place at 2.52 . Was backed in. Was 10-1 in evening before when picked. The other didnt run to form , which is always a risk backing a horse that has never run the course before .
One of my picks for tomorrow is Beverley Bullett 5.50 Wolves 6-1

Pick i posted yesterday never positioned to make a impact , 2 of my picks im posting today for place is Normandy barriere 3.20 and Glorious charmer 4.00

The selections im posting on here not doing well and the ones i dont are winning 🙄
Ill post 4 of mine today
2.15 Entharr
3.35 cotedezur
4.20 niclaus
4.30 delicate kiss

2.5 point profit on place selections yesterday that i posted (2 winnners but i only play the place)
Todays im
Posting to place
3.20 Highwaygrey
4.30 Bryons choice
4.55 Amjaady
5.10 Hamish mcbeth
8.00 Dyagilev

Todays selections posted On here made me 3points profit.
A few of Fridays selections to place ;
Any handicaps over 12 runners I always play extra place 4th on betfair
3.55 Music Society 9-1
4.05 Tadaawol 7/2
4.40 Stronsay 7-1
7.15 Seaborn 11/4

No luck with todays posted selections , one unseated . One runnning on too late and 2 poor runs.
Saturdays place picks
2.40 Excellent times top 3 places
4.30 Diocles of Rome
5.00 Breanski
5.05 Fox vardy
5.15 Bahuta acha
5.25 National league
6.15 Amber island
7.15 Dark side dream

2.5 points Profit on day place bets on Betfair.
Sundays selections for a place
2.00 Que queries
3.30 Verify
4.10 Ayr poet
4.40 spirit of sawan

A loss of 2.6 points on posted selections today . I actually made a profit of 1.6 points On day from my other selections that i didnt post . So like Saturday, i will post all my selections for tomorrow .
Anything over 12-1 i bet the extra place , so 8 runner race, a 12-1 ,ill bet to come 4 places instead of 3 . Still get odds of 2.6-3.0 for extra place.
2.35 Firmdecisions
2.55 Carlovian
3.35 Show palace
4.25 Dana forever
4.30 flying moon
5.35 Zealous
6.00 Deconso
8.00 Carrey St

Not sure if this thread is still about how folk manage to pick out long-priced winners, but I'd suggest that, if anybody has a favourite stable, then it might be a good experiment to follow just a handful of their runners and see how things pan out over a season.

My few good-priced winners every year ( for several decades now) have come from doing this. The really hard part comes from correctly selecting the few runners with potential in the first place.

I use a study of the sort of winners the stable gets each year. Sometimes there's a pattern. There's never a guarantee.

One good pointer that I found is to look for runners that started their careers in good quality races. These facts can easily be found from the stats.
In my case, I like to see a Class 4 maiden or novice race worth at least 5K to the winner.
To me, this means connections feel there is a glimmer of ability and prospects about the animal.

Then, I watch how the things run, and after three races, I decide whether to follow or dump.

Finally, I check ratings ( Inform Racing are good, imo), and then decide to have a go when all appears well and the price is at least 5/1.

Well, that's been my approach; hope it helps and, if you see any flaw, feel free to let us all know.
I'm always ready to learn.

Back