• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Would you be able to suss out how these people win long priced horses?

T tacker my recollections of Midlands was basically a decent fellow but your above example highlights why anyone who uses new or additional user names on the same forum will and should be treated with small tolerance. ArkRoyal ArkRoyal above explains all anyone needs to know but the truth of it is that no explanation should be needed in the first place.

markfinn markfinn I seem to recall @orion explained he'd forgot his old username @midland or some kind excuse, i have tried to find it but can't, if you were to accept that he had made an error what was it that he did that was so wrong?
Also want to agree with your point about value.
Yes I remember but all he had to do was ask or check his old numerous quotes - hope his health is improved

T tacker my recollections of Midlands was basically a decent fellow but your above example highlights why anyone who uses new or additional user names on the same forum will and should be treated with small tolerance. ArkRoyal ArkRoyal above explains all anyone needs to know but the truth of it is that no explanation should be needed in the first place.
Hi mick mick yes i agree with your " decent fellow" point but i can't agree with the "small tolerance" bit, we ought to be careful with people we don't really know, he might have confused himself what best to do and did it wrong. At the time i can remember feeling a little sorry for him but maybe that's a misguided way of thinking where forums are concerned.

ps.....i have studied every race at every meeting but nothing.

R racingdemon The issue of having certain restricted access areas of the forum was always a bit of a Catch 22 situation, and we had lots of discussion about it before implementing it, as no doubt you did on your forum. You certainly make some valid points, however I think the most interesting thing is that you eventually came to the same conclusion as us.
May I ask looking back do you consider that the benefits outweighed the downsides in your case.

Thanks for the contribution
The big difference was no one knew it was there. No one could see it unless you were invited. We had a website attached to ours so discussions on how to move that forward was welcome.
We didn't post anything on there that we wouldn't post on the main forum. It served it's purpose well and our forum was thriving as 5 or 6 knowledgeable members were posting frequently and that in turn encouraged others.

RD.

Well its done and dusted now T tacker but confusion aside given the same circumstances my first post would have been " I used to post on this forum with the user name mick mick but after an absence have returned with this new one".

The big difference was no one knew it was there. No one could see it unless you were invited. We had a website attached to ours so discussions on how to move that forward was welcome.
We didn't post anything on there that we wouldn't post on the main forum. It served it's purpose well and our forum was thriving as 5 or 6 knowledgeable members were posting frequently and that in turn encouraged others.

RD.

The original thinking in making it visible was to act as an incentive to people to contribute more.

The original thinking in making it visible was to act as an incentive to people to contribute more.
Done with good intentions but can also trigger some frustrations, and there is no easy answer. All i can add for any OS member is that earning access to the IS is a worthwhile objective because imo it contains plenty which would be of interest and use to those who are serious about making there betting pay. But imo the real bottom line is what you do once you get there.

Mike is a true gent and would be an asset to any forum, hes a smashing guy. Im glad to see your forum thriving but lots aren't.

Mike is a true gent and would be an asset to any forum, hes a smashing guy. Im glad to see your forum thriving but lots aren't.
Although i accept its really none of my business i have often wondered if many people flit with there time and contributions via several forums when focusing on just one good one might better serve. ? In the past i have been a member of what where good forums which have folded because of declining activity and perhaps this is why i bang on about it because we do not want the same for this one.

Is Mike the chap who has written on the Inform Blog claiming to have won 32,000 from his System using the Inform Data

No he isn’t , inform racing provide everything you need.
Thanks, it must be a different Mike who was aftertiming his results.

I often check the Inform Figures with TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother Figs, as Inform does not factor in weight and TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother does. Quite often if both have a stand out it is worth taking note and delving a little deeper .

@thehorseplayer Figs are on a similar scale Inform and again a reliable yard stick, the one advantage that Horsplayers cards have,,is that they include pace charts and Key Race Data

Key Race Data is a useful tool . Just looking back over the last three race profile you can see stand out bits of form

Check out Major Jumbo from this afternoon (The 2nd LTO In this case) then compare it with the class of today’s competitors and then Ryan’s record in the race and away you go

3831AABA-A219-429D-844A-B7F4FCC7D34F.jpeg

Last edited:
Your mates inner sanctum BOYO just had a 29.62 winner on top of a 8.3 winner, I tried to upload betting receipt but it wouldn't let me. Of course he is rubbish , Inform racing - you don't seem to rate yet we aren't doing rubbish.

04-Aug-19
16:48:39
16:40 Market Rasen
Oksana
- To Be Placed (3 TBP)
Betfair Bet ID 1:173569413430 | Placed: 04-Aug-19 16:33:00
Back3.05 2.00 -- -- 4.10Won
04-Aug-19
16:46:41
Oksana
- Win
Betfair Bet ID 1:173569162232 | Placed: 04-Aug-19 16:31:56
Back29.00
(BSP)
2.00 -- -- 56.00Won
04-Aug-19
16:46:41
Oksana
- Win
Betfair Bet ID 1:173571298558 | Placed: 04-Aug-19 16:41:35
Back29.00
(BSP)
2.00 -- -- 56.00Won

4-Aug-19
16:15:36
16:05 Market Rasen
Get An Oscar
- To Be Placed (3 TBP)
Betfair Bet ID 1:173551452537 | Placed: 04-Aug-19 15:03:13
Back3.15 2.00 -- -- 4.30Won
04-Aug-19
16:13:27
16:05 Market Rasen
Get An Oscar
- Win
Betfair Bet ID 1:173551341181 | Placed: 04-Aug-19 15:02:43
Back8.31
(BSP)
2.00 -- -- 14.62Won
04-Aug-19
16:01:52
15:55 Galway
Turnberry Isle
- To Be Placed (4 TBP)
Betfair Bet ID 1:173514647766 | Placed: 04-Aug-19 10:52:37
Back3.45 2.00 -- -- 4.90

Thanks, it must be a different Mike who was aftertiming his results.

I often check the Inform Figures with TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother Figs, as Inform does not factor in weight and TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother does. Quite often if both have a stand out it is worth taking note and delving a little deeper .

@thehorseplayer Figs are on a similar scale Inform and again a reliable yard stick, the one advantage that Horsplayers cards have,,is that they include pace charts and Key Race Data

Key Race Data is a useful tool . Just looking back over the last three race profile you can see stand out bits of form

Check out Major Jumbo from this afternoon (The 2nd LTO In this case) then compare it with the class of today’s competitors and then Ryan’s record in the race and away you go

View attachment 75263
Yes fair comment, got a bit excited. My stakes aren't big - good luck

Back