• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Would you be able to suss out how these people win long priced horses?

PhoenixPUP

Yearling
There are members on Ebay and one of them with the a4 12 page booklet 'the double digit winners betting system' and there is another product such as the 'high value, high profit horse system' which you can search on Ebay. I am thinking of purchasing these.

I looked at the screenshots which they provide along with the information and it seems the system which may be, follow the theme in the sense:

1. The favourite cannot be 1/1, 8/11, it has to be around 5/2, or equivalent of 2.5 or higher
  2. The rest of the horses generally have odds of 4/1, another 6/1, 9/1 and 2 long odd horses

So they only look for race events which the odds are not short.

What else do they look for? Form guide? Rpr? To help them win the long priced horse?

I
There are members on Ebay and one of them with the a4 12 page booklet 'the double digit winners betting system' and there is another product such as the 'high value, high profit horse system' which you can search on Ebay. I am thinking of purchasing these.

I looked at the screenshots which they provide along with the information and it seems the system which may be, follow the theme in the sense:

1. The favourite cannot be 1/1, 8/11, it has to be around 5/2, or equivalent of 2.5 or higher
  2. The rest of the horses generally have odds of 4/1, another 6/1, 9/1 and 2 long odd horses

What else do they look for? Form guide? Rpr? To help them win the long priced horse?

I generally use systems based on trainers, jockeys, sires, sometimes owners-they tend to be better for finding the longer-priced ones

Also as a sidenote I'd be very wary of any systems sold on Ebay, it's always best to research them from your own/other peoples ideas using a trustworthy database, eg horseracebase

Never buy a System off eBay :stinker:

If you google horse race systems their are a hell of a lot on their free and not sure which one but it shows a load of so called systems and at the time they were around some cost a bit, promising this and that and just take look at those and you will see you would have been wasting your money. Its dead easy to view past races and remove all the negatives to make something look really good and sell you that and as others have said if they had something special why would they want to sell it in the 1st place.

Looking at the thread title i would ask can people win via backing long shots. Collecting off a 20/1 winner is a good achievement and feeling but to what purpose if at the years end you are losing money. ? I can answer my own question by confirming that it is possible but while we all seek long term profit from our involvement i suspect that focusing on horses who are well away from the front of the market would not suit the majority of backers risk and expectation mentality.

Long runs of losers and long waits to achieve net returns will be part of the price. How do we find such winners ? well i would suggest by not looking for them but waiting until they find you. For this to start occurring then you do need to be reading form in a different way to the majority and i found that to do so correctly on balance takes years of looking in the first place.

Many moons ago when the Massey site was in full swing [showing his selections] I wrote a lot of system over a period of time which dealt with specific race types but dealt with his own top 5 selections and the good thing there one could save them [I could anyway]. So each day I could open any individual 1 press a button and it would give me any that were running that day. Unfortunately to replicate those system was impossible as he had already done most of the work.

As mick says if one is looking for OUTSIDERS even if you can find something that works long term their % chance of winning can be so low and most of all the LOSING RUNS could be very long.

I did write a system not here that dealt with 8-9 runner handicaps on the AW as in those races the 1st 3 in betting won between 50-60% of those races but then 40-50% did not so just removing 1st 3 in betting [including jts] decide to take a close look and did find something that was possible but only if using BEFAIR RETURNS but it was possible to find high returns and profits were sp would show a LOSS.

Its the risk one is willing to take and knowing long losing runs could be the norm and only looking at horse that are 8/1 or above in the field for prices shown at time of race [not the betfair price]

The system itself was disgust in depth with someone on here.

MR T

The way i work is first find a horse of interest and only then concern myself with its price, but if that price is a bigger than expected 16/1 then why feel disappointed or negative about its chance. Prices are all about opinions but here are some facts there are millions of active UK horse racing punters but 98% of them will fail to make long term profits and the majority of them will be playing at the front of the market. To me those figs contain a positive contradiction which is there for the taking.

Value plays an important part because my above 16/1 could be viewed as poor value and likewise sometimes a 7/4 chance as good, but again this also comes down to personal opinion. In this game you can read respect and learn from others but imo the best decisions are those which you make off your own back and efforts.

As you say what works for you no matter what the price maybe I prefer using the selections my software finds for 16+ handicaps because its work for me over a long period of time and as no idea of the price of any horse in the race which could be fav but the vast majority outsiders and I would back all 4 shown.

To others may think what a waste of time looking for something in such big fields

T

Chesham Chesham
Hi chesh, I wonder how you can be so certain that this is boyo ? If you are wrong then it would strike me as being terribly rude, do you speak on behalf of the owners ?

Chesham Chesham
Hi chesh, I wonder how you can be so certain that this is boyo ? If you are wrong then it would strike me as being terribly rude, do you speak on behalf of the owners ?
He has his Tells LOL. (Why do you think he quickly edited his post to four words) We also have a Boyo Alert Thread to discuss these attempts. Also I sussed out that Orion was Midlands too.

Last edited:
He has his Tells LOL. We also have a Boyo Alert Thread to discuss these attempts. Also I sussed out that Orion was Midlands too.

The main "tell" as you put it would be if he doesn't argue the point, surely he would want to clear this matter up, when orion/midlands denied being boyo he was able to answer you in a prompt fashion without the poor spelling misteaks lol.

Back