• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Why do you post?

If you mean me by that my life is certainly no fantasy, i have holes in my shoes and i am way over due and i am to realistic at times that it even scares me. So i have always been a try everything while you can type of person, and yes i have had the occasional good idea that has worked but i keep grounded and see myself as very ordinary person and rate all folk equal to a fault sometimes and am kindly also.

The reason i post is as a hobby really i do not really like giving out tips like some on here, some ideas yes so they maybe might fit in with some folks methods or spark a thought process here and their.
No mate I certainly did not mean you - your history is behind you - good luck

tacker

Colt
Some interesting comments and the points that I tried to make were that it's not always easy to converse on a subject in normal life without becommig a bore, for many people horse-racing is a passion and therefore you will obviously want to share your experiences.

Samacas

Mare
I post when I think I have something relevant to add to a topic. Very often I don't post if I think my view will cause any friction. I delete quite a few without posting and let the situation pass.
All too often what is intended as a positive comment is received as negative criticism.

I've seen too many people fall out over misread or misinterpreted text messages so I simply don't do that either.

Last edited:

mick

Sire
All too often what is intended as a positive comment is received as negative criticism.
I think this is fair comment, but as a giver or receiver it is a risk we all take. ? When we become longer term members i think you start to get a feel for individual regular posters and this can help Re any responses. Perhaps some will think this is OTT but i feel on this forum we are all trusted to post uncensored in a decent way when interacting and this gift should not be abused.........The few who have or do generally do not become long term members or after an initial storming period are ignored.

Novice

Yearling
Some of the members are extremely knowledgeable about racing and betting, it's like having a racing Wiki on hand, and the lurkers would do well to make use of that. It seems to me that anyone who comes on here and asks a question tends to get several good replies, including having Excel spreadsheets coded for them, having computer programs written for them, having HRB systems coded up for them - all at the drop of a hat, that's a massive backroom of help that is freely given to those who even give the appearance of being likely to join in.

DaVE
Hi Dave, I hope I learn as much as you have from this forum as I am a real beginner still trying to work out how to come up with a going allowance!

Last edited by a moderator:

RR68

Yearling
Being a bit lazy I only post sporadically but I enjoy reading the comments and tips but curse for never following them. I do think that it could be a lonely road to walk down, time spent looking for a winner or finding the system that is the answer to ones prayers.
An afternoon at the races always put a smile on my face and a spring in my step going alone or with friends you are mixing with like minded people and I find it easy to chat to all types.

mick

Sire
Being a bit lazy I only post sporadically but I enjoy reading the comments and tips but curse for never following them. I do think that it could be a lonely road to walk down, time spent looking for a winner or finding the system that is the answer to ones prayers.
It is good to see new posts on this thread, because there are lessons to be learned which help grow the forum and therefore help us all. When you start taking your racing - betting seriously then it can indeed become a lonely road.

When socializing i seldom talk to others about what i have done or do, because you tend to find one of two reactions. Non bettors think its an exciting thing to do, and those who do or have bet do not feel comfortable about someone who has achieved some success when they have tried and failed. I tend to find the repetitive explanations a chore.!

One solution is to use a good forum such as this one, where you can interact and share your betting experiences with like minded souls, but imo you will only get the best from it via also contributing yourself.

RR68

Yearling
I tuned in live but switched off after a short while thinking it was a bit of a joke. We had a better one at the Yorkshire Racing Club. The young guys from Timeform were really on the ball.

Last edited: