• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Walters Jukebox

My father inlaw likes Ken Dodd, so as a treat the family went to see him live. You certainly get your monies worth, Ken goes on and on and on, a fantastic entertainer. Dave Allen, Benny hill,Frank Spencer, Norman Wisdom, Only Fools And Horses you can go on and on. They all have something in common, they can all make you smile/laugh before they even say a word.

Arkle

Arkle, Ken Dodd knows how to work an audience, took in his show whilst visiting Blackpool years back, laughed from start to finish.
Les Dawson was good live in Blackpool as well, the best I ever saw live however was Billy Connolly almost 30 years ago now at the Playhouse Theatre in Edinburgh.
Also recall my parents taking me to see Danny La Rue in Blackpool whilst in my teens.
Was dreading going, could`nt fathom why I was being taken along to see a drag - queen?
Mind you I`d also met this tidy English lass at our hotel which might have had something to do with it lol.
Anyway, Danny was an absolute riot, laughed all night long, much better live than he was on telly.
Chesham, The Krankies are still going strong in Scotland though they may have changed their act a bit, not sure if the wee woman could stand being thrown around like that anymore?

Last edited:
Back