• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

VDW Early Selections.

my point being...... you can tot up as many figures and facts and whatevers you like....but if the trainer
doesnt think the horse is ready.....then he almost certainly wont be trying to win and will 'almost' certainly lose.
Yep - on the nail - the great unknown - but you have to take somethings on trust or you would'nt leave the house

Laying was the down fall of of a great sport and appearance money is not far behind it

Attachments

@mick Too true - the old Gummy forum proved this - hints galore that if the secrets were revealed racing as we know it would cease to exist - this is a direct quote from a poster "vanman".

So they have either given up or are counting their loot in their cayman hideaways....

If we accept that G Hall lived in a slightly shabby bungalow that would indicate a modicum of success to pay for that but hardly McManus league.

I believe Lee has a nice place in the country but does this mean it was VDW that paid for it?

I certainly feel less stressed now that I have quit the search for the grail as it was just making me feel frustrated and stupid.
His money is not from horse racing - yes it adds to the pot

Okay lets have a go and see how VDW does on a live race.

7:30Wolverhampton (AW) TAPETA5 MAR 2019SKY
7f (7f36y) Follow Top Tipster Templegate At Sun Racing Handicap (Class 6) (3yo+ 0-52)

Dodgy Bob Is Top Rated On Ability Ratings
Rapid Rise Is 2nd Rated

Dodgy Bob Is Also Top Rated On Form
Rapid Rise Is 2nd Rated
Easy peesy
Its between these two.

Dodgy Bob best current price 6.0
Rapid Rise best current price 13.0
I may have discovered the holy grail here so watch this space.

Last edited:

rave154

Filly
Okay lets have a go and see how VDW does on a live race.

7:30Wolverhampton (AW) TAPETA5 MAR 2019SKY
7f (7f36y) Follow Top Tipster Templegate At Sun Racing Handicap (Class 6) (3yo+ 0-52)

View attachment 70652

Dodgy Bob Is Top Rated On Ability Ratings
Rapid Rise Is 2nd Rated

View attachment 70651

Dodgy Bob Is Also Top Rated On Form
Rapid Rise Is 2nd Rated
Easy peesy
Its between these two.

Dodgy Bob best current price 6.0
Rapid Rise best current price 13.0
I may have discovered the holy grail here so watch this space.
i'll have a speculative fiver on Thorntoun Lady ;-)

I never win on the AW so if any of these two win then I will be converted to VDW.
It would be nice to hear your reasons for backing Thornton Lady though.

Seriously though, if I was using VDW I’d be backing in the grade 1 races where the form and ability figures usually mean something.
Then I think it could narrow down the field to an elite few.
It will still be interesting how it performs in a lower grade race.

dave58

Administrator
my point being...... you can tot up as many figures and facts and whatevers you like....but if the trainer
doesnt think the horse is ready.....then he almost certainly wont be trying to win and will 'almost' certainly lose.
Did vdw ever mention the trainer btw

rave154

Filly
Why are you backing Thornton Lady, it would not qualify as a selection under VDW rules ?
By the way, I'm not playing with real money
heh....... simply....cos it travelled 285 miles to be there....as i said.... speculative

this is assuming the column marked "miles"....is miles travelled, of course

just a bit of fun

dave58

Administrator
Tbh @Thomas there would have been no difficulties because Tony Peach was already in touch with him via phone and could have made his pre race selections available by this means.At the time i am sure that the Sports Forum readers would have been happy and willing to accept Tonys validation.

Also back in those days the Royal Mail was far more reliable , and used time stamping so a letter posted am day of race would have shown an am time stamp and date when delivered.
Apropos of nothing in particular, this forum has been going for over 6 years, and we have several posters who have provided pre race selections together with p/l figures going back years rather than just months.
Why not take notice of them rather than some iffy character from years ago when racing was rather different. Not to say some of his ideas weren't valid, but things do change over time surely

I’ve cracked it, this season Finley Marsh the jockey on Seaforth is showing a profit of £22.87 on The AW.
The Sun tipped it.
Lto it was an 80/1 shot and finished 5th of 12 runners and was an 8/1 shot this time and won.
He only had to travel 70 miles to the course so didn’t have to set off too early.
It was a stand out bet really.

rave154

Filly
I’ve cracked it, this season Finley Marsh the jockey on Seaforth is showing a profit of £22.87 on The AW.
The Sun tipped it.
Lto it was an 80/1 shot and finished 5th of 12 runners and was an 8/1 shot this time and won.
He only had to travel 70 miles to the course so didn’t have to set off too early.
It was a stand out bet really.

ok, that was pretty funny !

Horseplayer

Gelding
Well that's the hard bit done - now make up an impressive reason why Seaforth was the obvious choice and you've got VDW cracked:)
I've cracked it

Using the VDW Key Seaforth is the obvious class/form horse

Listing by last time value

Ancient Astronaut came last in a race won by 16/1
Classy Cailin came 3rd in a race won by 8/1
Seaforth came 5th in a race won by 2/1f

As long as you evaluate the race after the result is known (the VDW key ) there's always a good chance of finding the class/form horse