• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

VDW & CHELTENHAM 2019

T tacker

Your right about last year's Champion Hurdle but the same can be said about Laurinas wins. (although has won easily enough)

To be honest, at the prices available, it's easier to find a better priced winner in a class 4 at Kempton A.W 😂

He has followed exactly the same path

Henderson has won that Sandown race six times and has won four Champion Hurdles with his winners, Afsoun in 2008 went to the World Hurdle and Binocuklar didn't run in the Champion in 2011. So he is 4-4 with horses that go to the Champion from that race and he has won the Champion Hurdle three times in a row before with See You Then and JP has won it three times in a row with Istabraq.

I don't like the mares allowance in the race which is generally why I wont bet in the race as a really good mare in receipt of 7lbs is too dangerous to overlook.

Buveur Dair is the reigning champion, and a dual champion. There are examples that Vdw gave which include horses who have previously won the same race.

Fwiw I do not think BD is in the same form as previously and I will not back him tomorrow, but I will not lay him either. His seasonal debut was good no negatives, but the Kempton run at Christmas left question marks.

Laurina has class issues, and I was surprised to see that she is in the race,and while I will not be having a bet in the race Apples Jade has a lot of plusses but not enough for a wager for me.

I think there is only one horse I'll be backing tomorrow and that is HARDLINE in the 2:10

I like his form, consistent and strong, LTO was upped in trip and finished 3rd behind LA BAGUE AU ROI class 680 giving him 7lbs in weight.

Kaiser Black came out that race and won yesterday.

80/20 bet

Great opinions everyone, it will be a race to savour, I’m going EW at a price on Sharjah, I don’t think BVD has been the same horse this year but then again it’s all about targeting him for tomorrow,

AJ even with the 7lb allowance disappointed last year at Chelts, and although in season she won’t have an easy lead, it will be a tough 2 miles tomorrow and that’s why small stakes on some coming off the pace may get me some cash.

The interesting one is Laurina, as it will be competetive for much longer than she has faced so again good luck,

Hello Tom O'Brian, I am with you with Al Dancer in the supreme, I think he is the best of the British horses it the race.
Good luck
Downey
I think he has a good chance but no horse who contested a handicap last time has won this race in the past 30 years,65 have tried and failed.Klassical Dancer is improving and entitled to head the market but not much between him and Aramon last time.A good race but sadly not a betting one for me !

Back