• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Variable staking vs flat.

LukeyBoy

Yearling
Do many people use Variable staking as opposed to flat to assess how it's doing?
I've been going over past results as using Variable staking as opposed to flat the results have been encouraging.
When I said variable I mean adjusting the stake depending on odds to win a fixed amount.
The formula is use is.
Selections Win % (as in 1/ Betfair odds )=A
1-A=B
(A/B)+1=C
(Selection Win% X fixed stake to win) X C

So 0.45 for eg
1-0.45=0.65

Last edited:
I've been going over past results as using Variable staking as opposed to flat the results have been encouraging.
Presumably you are you using the BF Starting Price to work out your stakes on past races which is all fine and dandy but how would you use this going forward when the BFSP us not known ubtil after the race has started?

Do many people use Variable staking as opposed to flat to assess how it's doing?
When I said variable I mean adjusting the stake depending on odds to win a fixed amount.
The formula is use is.
Selections Win % (as in 1/ Betfair odds )=A
1-A=B
(A/B)+1=C
(Selection Win% X fixed stake to win) X C

So 0.45 for eg
1-0.45=0.65
If you make a Consistent profit at level stakes - then variable staking ia probably the correct way to go - but all testing should - IMO - be at sp - if your work is not profitable at sp , but looks to be so at variable stakes there is something wrong possibly a large chunk of luck which cannot be relied onto to continue.

Back