• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

VDW Van Der Speil

I meant to say the three important things were: money management, discipline and record-keeping.

Staking plans are like a pair of shoes, you have to try a few before you can find comfort in them, whatever shoes I like, may not be the shoes that anybody else feels comfortable with, our selection base can have a big impact on what type of shoes we are prepared to wear, but it is obvious we all have a pair that suits us.
View attachment 38353

For VDW, I believe he is just hammering home that you have to be disciplined, all of the components and how they go together tell you that this chap was thorough.

Going back to Little Owl and his race, it is easy to see why VDW favoured Little Owl over Wayward Lad when you observe the class of the field.

Little Owl

View attachment 38358

Wayward Lad

View attachment 38355
View attachment 38356
Thank you, Bobajobber. It was worth joining the forum just to read this article. Amazing what you can see when things are presented in their simplest form. Cheers.

Back