• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Value betting is profitable, prove me wrong

oliver362

Yearling
Hi guys, I'll start the thread off with telling one way to be able to find value betting.
Odd drops. In any market there are delays. In the sports betting market, in the stock market, everywhere.
We punters can make use of these delays by choosing one bookmaker as sharp bookie.
Personally I take Pinnacle as sharp bookie, they are the fastest with updating their odds in my opinion.
Once you see a big drop there in a match, you can directly place the order in a local bookie that does not have the updated odd yet.
Keep doing this and take all of the edges over the bookmaker, and be profitable over a longer period of time ;)

Hi guys, I'll start the thread off with telling one way to be able to find value betting.
Odd drops. In any market there are delays. In the sports betting market, in the stock market, everywhere.
We punters can make use of these delays by choosing one bookmaker as sharp bookie.
Personally I take Pinnacle as sharp bookie, they are the fastest with updating their odds in my opinion.
Once you see a big drop there in a match, you can directly place the order in a local bookie that does not have the updated odd yet.
Keep doing this and take all of the edges over the bookmaker, and be profitable over a longer period of time ;)
Interesting. Any real examples?

You talk about value bets identifiable from market movements.
But the bookies tend to equalize their prices to avoid such misadventures and also to avoid sure betting.
Also in football I don't think market moves mean a lot. They do mean something but not really.

Horse racing is where it matters, if you can actually receive advance warning.
But can you ?
Maybe in foreign racing you can, that is if the bookies are slow to react to the foreign market.

The original formula is here:

I don't know how exactly they worked out the coefficients of the formula, using what performance benchmarks.

But one thing that one could do is use it recursively I think.
What do I mean ?
I mean suppose you are on Crytal Palace. Crystal Palace early on in the season beat Manchester United so they earned a lot
of points from this. But suppose United prove useless -it's Frank O' Farrel year. Have we not given too big a bonus to Palace ?

Last edited:
Here is a new one:

But how does it work ?
It says Olympiakos Piraeus 2038 and if I go to the premier it says Tottenham 2077.
In clubelo it's Olympiakos 1688 and Tottenham 1828.
Tottenham is one class above Olympiakos, surely. Their difference is 140 elo units or thereabouts, not 39.

Fact of the matter is however the bookies follow the elos like the bible.
Only if there is a sex scandal in the team they may change something.
So we 're knocking on deafman's door.

The bookies always pay a lot of respect to the "heavy shirts", the big football names.
So Real Madrid are nearly always the favourite.
I am now of the opinion that one has to punch a hole through this scheme and sometimes it looks possible.

Back