• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UNFINISHED SYMPHONY

Alan Potts wrote a very good article for Smartersig, he said that he did not need to find more winners just less losers :handgestures-thumbup:
I read one of Alans books and he offered an honest appraisal.My take on his above being that if the winners pay for the losers and still leave a healthy net profit then good enough,unfortunately like so many racing quotes the theory is sound but the practice can often prove a sod.!

I read one of Alans books and he offered an honest appraisal.My take on his above being that if the winners pay for the losers and still leave a healthy net profit then good enough,unfortunately like so many racing quotes the theory is sound but the practice can often prove a sod.!

I have found that some of my losing bets have been on horses away from the course and others when the Trainer has tried to squeeze the lemon too much by giving the horse too many races with little time to recover, especially NH Horses. Venetia Williams said that she was running a horse again more quickly than she would like as the Handicpper would be pushing the mark up, and she had to balance not giving the horse enough rest with the problem of being on a mark too high. The horse lost anyway and of course the mark went up, so buggered both ways.

Recently I have checked individual Trainers if the horse is carry a penalty to see if the Trainer is capable of keeping a horses condition to compensate for the penalty with a quick return. Some Trainers have a bad record with trying to win with Penalty Carriers

Yes finding that happy medium which we feel comfortable with is always difficult.It is only during the past few years that i have been able to over come a long held bias against backing horses running after a longer absence.Likewise the other extreme of fast returners on balance i still do not like but do make exceptions when there is evidence to support planned thinking by the trainer.

1)
7.45 voguetti

2)
na

3)
3.40 cirano de sivola 3pw
6.45 gleaming girl 2pw

4)
n/a

5)
4.30 consulting
5.00 pretty bubbles
7.45 daisy bere

interesting points mick and Chesham and while the symphony is yet unfinished its far to early for me to make any conclusions at all, I just have to watch and learn and only a certain number of selections will allow me to do this

I like the point that is you can find fewer losers you would make more however the past 2 days results are

stakes 32
wins 6
rtns 51.93
p/l +19.93
roi of 62.28%

so whilst I agree if I could "find" more losers it would be helpful, and I appreciate the above is far to short a time frame to get exited about, if its not broken......... I am sure mr potts would be thrilled at these results

Also, a lot of the well written information around on horse racing is form a few years ago now and science/training has moved on in all forms of sport and life I mean just look at your old fashioned prop forward compared to todays.

interval training, diets and nutrition, as well as genetic testing have all had a massive part to play in horse racing, so the days of seing it run in the last 7-14 days while still relevant isn't as important I guess

Just thinking about the sheer number of bets on both your Threads when I made my post about Alan Potts

All the best with both Threads

Cheers for that I will look for any ways I can "out" a few eventually but I need to see if there are any patters emerging.

it may be some parts of the symphony are kicked into touch as it were

but time will tell

thank you for looking in and i hope to see more of everyone here as this morning has been really positive for me and something i will now look at

1)
2.05 fox appeal
2.20 realise
3.00 Ericht
3.15 fortunate George
3.30 discours d unroi

2)
n/a

3)
12.45 desert queen 2pw
2.25challonial 2pw
2.40 clondaw warrior 1pw