• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race

Well done F Frontrunner
Musee Dorsay wins at 18/1. Tony Carroll is very difficult to read, so it’s a nice feeling to get one of his right even if I didn’t have a penny on it.

I have to agree about the trainer comment.

I had an alert for the same combo 2 days ago on Harbour Alert, from it's run in January.

My notes actually state " follow for 4 runs ", but thankfully I've stayed clear for last two since, beaten a total of 37 lths.

He will no doubt pop up without my cash on .

doomster doomster your above should be Project not Alert. ? The latter took me to a Harbour in Hong Kong. :eek: Re the trainer yesterday i was looking at his Windsor stats. Past 14 years a poor 4% S/r with no recent improvement as 0-42 last season. Using the place for Gaming runs. ?

Last edited:
And, all I can add is that race won by Carroll was the only loser for the "unknown system" ( NR and Winner on the other two) convinces me that that kind of win is down to trainer/jockey.
We cannot legislate agin it, so the best we can hope for is to utilise whatever we glean about the M. O. of these guys.

Another one I note is K. Burke; he's caught me out more times than enough. I feel I may have a bit of a handle on his tactics now.
We'll see.
Well, I hope I do; I'm not happy at the other end of the market, though, of course, I must concede that the sharp end provides more winners.
It's the prices. Maybe greed is my problem.:)

I've just worked out what UKBF Common race stands for !! :)
It means.....' a common race that people might want to get involved with'.....nothing more than that....lol

However, I'm going to pass on the National as I will just end up backing too many horses.
Good luck all who play, and I wish all horses & jockeys a safe race.

Just small e/w bets for interest as it’s the National.

Milan Native (50/1)
Jett (80/1)

Both in right weight range and right kind of age and meet a few other trends, but I could have easily picked about 10 horses really.

I'm not betting, but I had a quick look and noticed that JP McManus has 7 runners going, so I got the old Dutching calculator out!

Given the large prices on offer for most of them, I think you could back them all each-way, and if one places, you'd break-even. The profit would come if one won, or more than one placed.

Just a thought.💡

Yes well done to Rachael

Well done S Sandhog with two of his 3 place bets coming in, and BC BC had the right idea about dutching all of McManus horses.

Jett ran a brave race for an 80/1 shot, also had a couple of quid on him @180 on the exchange so it was getting a bit excited seeing him trading at 3/1 in running, but it’s a long way home in the National. He finished 8th, not sure if any bookies were paying that many places, mine only paid first 6.

Back