• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race

Good placer with Lord Of The Lodge, quite a few fancied it, well done all.

I don’t think anyone mentioned the winner, I had looked at it as the bottom weight but dismissed him quickly as he had never won above class 4, and at age of 6 you wouldn’t expect him to improve, not easy this game.

View attachment 96450
Bloody hell Chesham Chesham that was acquick response well done

I dont think anyone can claim the winner - lots on the 2nd though
I Just thought EW was the best option for Lord Of The Lodge at the Price, especially as the Prize Money was a good incentive for the Trainer to be trying to earn some corn

The place price was better than the win odds that I got for my winner on the Well In Thread

Good placer with Lord Of The Lodge, quite a few fancied it, well done all.

I don’t think anyone mentioned the winner, I had looked at it as the bottom weight but dismissed him quickly as he had never won above class 4, and at age of 6 you wouldn’t expect him to improve, not easy this game.
Exactly the same. Can never get Fahey right. Just needed the Jock on ours to realise how far in front they were first 3 furlongs - Slow it down man!

When did you start farming Burke markfinn markfinn as I must say it was inspired given the way he finished 2020. Nice work.
I started doing PRB as you know late last year - but could not quite get it right as I never knew who was siliding into form and who was sliding out - ( eventually I asked proform to offer me PRB type ratings in a different format which they did in dec 2020) - you and I discussed it the coming in or out of problem - I then reverted back to winning form only coupled to ownership age and in Jan 2021 started to add breeding - built some systems around the main ideas and Burks yard have been one of the aw highlights so far.

Last edited:
and the conclusion is what - was he good or just bent and when were farming this nest of vipers were these allegations public knowledge ?
I have no conclusions to make markfinn markfinn, why would I ???? The report is what it is and was published by the BHA after they held and concluded their hearing. At the time was reported in quite a few National Newspapers, just do a search for yourself.

The BHA Report unlike Newspapers is not trying to sensationalise and that is why I posted The BHA Link which always post their Findings and make them available to the general public, the same as they do with Stewards reports and Jockey Disciplinaries etc

I have no conclusions to make markfinn markfinn, why would I ???? The report is what it is and was published by the BHA after they held and concluded their hearing. At the time was reported in quite a few National Newspapers, just do a search for yourself.

The BHA Report unlike Newspapers is not trying to sensationalise and that is why I posted The BHA Link which always post their Findings and make them available to the general public, the same as they do with Stewards reports and Jockey Disciplinaries etc
just the age of the article and date of the races are quite a while ago - I had no knowledge of the affair - just try to keep it all very recent - even if I was aware I doubt it would stop me backing his horses - the game is is full of easy money merchants and I doubt many yards are not some how even unknowingly compromised in some form or other - be it stable lads - owners - jockey's - bookmakers - horse box drivers ..................the list is endless - of course not all will quite in the same league as those two in your post.

just the age of the article and date of the races are quite a while ago - I had no knowledge of the affair - just try to keep it all very recent - even if I was aware I doubt it would stop me backing his horses - the game is is full of easy money merchants and I doubt many yards are not some how even unknowingly compromised in some form or other - be it stable lads - owners - jockey's - bookmakers - horse box drivers ..................the list is endless - of course not all will quite in the same league as those two in your post.
It did not put me off yesterday, it’s just that I research as much as I can with regards Trainers and checking the Price Disparity will give you an idea if someone knows more than I do and the horse is being offered at more than you would expect from the implied odds.

I have posted in this stable outside of the Blog on another thread in the past and Posted bout horses who arrive at the stable having been claimed or purchased from sellers etc

Last edited:
I must admit that I, too, used to follow some of the aforementioned in those days.
Though a paying member of some sort of "racing club", it wasn't much of a success for me.

Best thing I found was to consider any runners that are supposedly owned by a wife or mother. This policy even used to work at the Derby (Epsom).
It often worked in mundane AW fare, too.

In fact, without knowing the actual stats, I'd go so far as to say that , imo, it pays to look at female owners and trainers. Possibly non-pc nowadays, but it sure cut down all the wading through form books etc. :)

I must admit that I, too, used to follow some of the aforementioned in those days.
Though a paying member of some sort of "racing club", it wasn't much of a success for me.

Best thing I found was to consider any runners that are supposedly owned by a wife or mother. This policy even used to work at the Derby (Epsom).
It often worked in mundane AW fare, too.

In fact, without knowing the actual stats, I'd go so far as to say that , imo, it pays to look at female owners and trainers. Possibly non-pc nowadays, but it sure cut down all the wading through form books etc. :)
Easy to do with HRB as they list all runners and their owners.

5BC536E2-44CF-4E9C-A71F-EBCCD5E52FD5.jpeg

Back