• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race

Close but no cigar as they say. Still profit is profit and its what we're after regardless of how much it all adds up if we keep getting the results.
Onto the next race whatever it is..?

The 2 I've concentrated on are the 3 year olds Puds and Richenza. Of those 2 I'm siding with Richenza 8/1 best odds each way to get her head in front first time in a handicap. Her first 2 races produced 8 winners one of them a graded winner. Last race the winner went on to contest a group 3 in Ireland which included horses running in the likes of the May Hill at Doncaster. One to notebook if today isn't her day.

The 3:40 @ Kelso for today?

My assessment

1523872671935.png

Interesting that there are different horses which come to the fore in different areas.

Looksnowtlikebrian is at the head of ratings.
Streetsofpromise is consistent across most of the categories
Newtown Lad scores highly in four of the major categories.

Of those Newtown Lad is attracting support, available at 6/1.

The slight negative for the favourite would be the trip although he was placed on his only try at the trip. I would still side with him being in such good form and the fact he will act on the going. Another positive is the trainers stats at the track 6 wins from 13 runners

Looksnowtlikebrian 3/1

Silver Tassie is 1pound below last winning mark and is a class winner. Didn't shine in the Eider but came back to form last time out at Wetherby. Ran his best race here last year when behind Yala Enki and Seldom Inn with Baywing a short head away in 4th. He raced off 133 then and now off 126. He's a proven class winner and only last year's winner Scottswell has similar level of class but is woefully out of form.
A slight concern with the weight he carries today in these conditions hence 8/1best odds each way.

Hello all,

looked at the 3.40 Kelso and my mk5 favourite is looksnowtlikebrian. 1 for 2 with the weight, 3 for 6 with the jockey, all wins LH, 1 for 4 in the class, 2 for 6 on similar going. The form is good but the layers on betfair are being very generous in comparison to the 5/2 the horse was this morning. If there is some major shrinkage in the odds I may be tempted to bet but at this point a pass.

Good luck today

Scotswell won this last year, has only had 2 races since(both hurdles), H'cap chase stats at Kelso are 10/3/7 so knows his way round here. Might not like the going but has an ew shout @ 20-1

I have had a look at this and have:
Buffalo Ballet
Looksnowtlikebrian
Smugglers Stash
Newtown Lad
BB, not won at distance, 0/10 in chases, 0/14 left handed. Ran a career bes last time 7L 2/9 2m 7f H'c chase, Haydock (soft.) ran much better in first time cheekpieces. Seems to have developed a tendency to finish 2nd lately. Will probably make a good effort again here.
L, has only won at distances up to 2m 5f. Entered in three races at 3m and pulled out of each. Didn't jump wel and had to work hard to win a trappy 3 runner race at Ayr last time when 4/9 favourite only winning by 3/4L. Has to carry 5lb more weight here. Not a good favourite.
SS, carries 21lb less here than last time when beaten 24L 3m 2f H'c chase Carlisle (gs) never seemed to get into a rhythm at all here even though he won the race last year. This was a downturn on his previous race which he won at Ayr 3m H'c chase (soft)
NL, has only finished once in his last 4 races. Pulled up last time at Carlisle but this was his first run right handed so there could be excuses for him.
I'll side with BB and NL tentatively but not bet any.

RP comment on Looksnowtlikebrian

"Mistakes in rear, some headway when hit 4 out, no impression when mistake and sprawled badly next, soon beaten (op 5/1)"

- as I said earlier, 'I'm a little worried that he seems to clout things regularly' - perhaps I should have been rather more worried!:D

I do wish people would learn to spell, the phrase is 'Lo and Behold' ..... Lo as in 'look at this' not low as in 'underneath that worm's belly'. (I'm a bit grumpy today, aren't I?)

Dave

Have 3 for this Murdanova 10/1 best odds hat trick seeking and could be improving fast, Qeyaadah 13/2 best odds won a class 3 at Redcar a while ago and has been paying the price since, if back to that class 3 form will take a lot of beating now below that mark & Warsaw Road 15/2 best odds another on the hat trick trail who has been finishing his races strongly and can improve again,just a question of his weight that's stopping me going for him alone.
Will back all 3 each way to give a profit

Back