• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

UKBF Common Race

Sandhog

Filly
Actually, doomster doomster ,

the main thing I learnt today was/is the importance of "trainer class and trainer intent".
This relates mostly to Doncaster (3.45) and Wolverhampton (7.00).

In other races, I was dismayed at the performance of favourites that appeared to m to be clearly top-rated.
I realise that horses are not machines and that even machines can break down.

It's the uncertainty that is the challenge of gambling, I suppose. For better or worse, I'm hooked.😳:)

Moral: it's the "Big Picture ( overall view) that counts. There will be blips, but there will be moments.
Generally, good trainers are just that; good.
For instance, I'd say Tate is one, regardless of what the ratings /formbook may say. Just my take.

No bet in the race for me, but this time of year with flat season approaching I am watching trainers that have them ready after the break, and John Gallagher is one of those that does very well at this time of year. So I will be watching how Green Power runs as he is unlikely to be lacking for fitness, first run on the all weather so maybe today isn’t the day, but a good run could set him up for one of the sprint handicaps at Doncaster or Newmarket.
Ok, he didn’t run well that day but the race I was thinking would be one of targets is the 4:50 Doncaster today and here he is. Finished 4th in this 2 years ago from 5 lbs higher mark. Has got a few questions to answer on recent efforts so wouldn’t be a confident bet for me, but potentially well handicapped and with 5 places on offer I had a very small each way for interest @ 25/1 and e/w treble with Princess Rajj (1:15 Naas) & Making Country (5:30 Limerick) just in case.

markfinn

Sire
Actually, doomster doomster ,

the main thing I learnt today was/is the importance of "trainer class and trainer intent".
This relates mostly to Doncaster (3.45) and Wolverhampton (7.00).

In other races, I was dismayed at the performance of favourites that appeared to m to be clearly top-rated.
I realise that horses are not machines and that even machines can break down.

It's the uncertainty that is the challenge of gambling, I suppose. For better or worse, I'm hooked.😳:)

Moral: it's the "Big Picture ( overall view) that counts. There will be blips, but there will be moments.
Generally, good trainers are just that; good.
For instance, I'd say Tate is one, regardless of what the ratings /formbook may say. Just my take.
Last night Butler had the intent alright - his other Inaane was never put in the race - jockey had a job to do just wasn't the one I had in mind.

Sandhog

Filly
7.20 Chelmsford, tonight, 1st April.

I need a bit of help with this race. A tu'penny hafpenny race, that's not going to help me clear my losses, but, one I'm using to test various things.
Here are four bets I've selected. I'll have a few pennies on all four, as I can't decide which is the winner.

Aventuriere
French Minstrel
Celtic Classic
Beat the Breeze

They were all prominent in the betting market last night. I was drawn to the race bc I thought the favourite was strong. Now I'm not at all sure.
On here, there seems to me to be a lot of respect for OR ( official rating).
The favourite has just about the top OR. The "form" doesn't strike me as being enough for success as a Johnston favourite, though.
Something doesn't feel right for me.
I'd like Aventuriere to win for just one reason. The selection is from a system I'm testing. :)

My heart goes against it: I follow the trainers Knight and Coles. While Beat the Breeze is well rated - possibly best rated.

Dunno.
All opinions and facts welcome!

markfinn

Sire
7.20 Chelmsford, tonight, 1st April.

I need a bit of help with this race. A tu'penny hafpenny race, that's not going to help me clear my losses, but, one I'm using to test various things.
Here are four bets I've selected. I'll have a few pennies on all four, as I can't decide which is the winner.

Aventuriere
French Minstrel
Celtic Classic
Beat the Breeze

They were all prominent in the betting market last night. I was drawn to the race bc I thought the favourite was strong. Now I'm not at all sure.
On here, there seems to me to be a lot of respect for OR ( official rating).
The favourite has just about the top OR. The "form" doesn't strike me as being enough for success as a Johnston favourite, though.
Something doesn't feel right for me.
I'd like Aventuriere to win for just one reason. The selection is from a system I'm testing. :)

My heart goes against it: I follow the trainers Knight and Coles. While Beat the Breeze is well rated - possibly best rated.

Dunno.
All opinions and facts welcome!
I would be with Beat the Breeze

1617264678743.png

retriever

Gelding
French Minstrel is now a non-runner (09.39).

I have an eye on Brute Force.....has good place chance given it's last run where I feel it should have stayed wide instead of going inside....short of room in doing so. Beautiful horse to watch when galloping with it's white 'socks'.
Will probably play a Tricast in this race.

EDIT: Playing.....Brute Force or Aventuriere for 1st & 2nd with BTB / CC for 3rd.

Last edited:

Sandhog

Filly
Phew, I was just going to reply K kralken that his were the most adventurous picks! Thanks @retiever for clearing that up. :D

And thanks to all for the interesting and helpful input.
It ain't o easy, is it? But, nobody said it would be.

I can see a case for all four I picked out, and different contributions have mostly confirmed these.
retriever retriever is noticable for stepping away to Brute Force.

Who knows? We'll see.
In a way I hope it's the fav that wins, as that is a "system selection" (ha, ha), but, I like the other three trainers more.

Anyway, I'll mess about with some kind of staking arrangement to do the four I mentioned originally.
Got to get cracking now, as the granddaughter is due any minute to help me clean some window blinds. I hate that job! 😦

I won’t be betting at such a short price, but hard to look away from Aventuriere. It was more than a year ago but the 5th/13 in a novice here doesn’t look bad, few winners have come from it including Alphabetical who has run up a sequence, I wouldn’t be surprised if this filly can do the same. Dorset Blue could have place chances at a big price, his 5th here last time wasn’t a bad effort (albeit in a classified stakes race) after getting hampered.

primrose4

Yearling
If there is one to upset the red hot favourite it is likely to be Beat the Breeze.
This one is top on both the Racing Post and the At The Races Predictors which
is so often a good sign.
Surprisingly, neither of Beat The Breeze nor Aventuriere appear in the top 4 of
the ATR top-speed figures. On the Racing Post top-speeds Aventuriere edges it
by just 2 points from Beat The Breeze. Clearly if there is anything in this race to
upset the odds-on shot it is likely to be Beat the Breeze.

Last edited: