• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race

2.40 plum cl4

Only 9lbs between top and bottom here and not much in any of the them on a good day.
The main difference today being running around plumpton with it's sharp bends and up and down surface, doesn't suit all horses so track experience can be a help as might the speed to go on good ground.
I've decided to concentrate on the one horse FLAMINGER who is locally trained by Moore and seems in reasonable form.
FLAMINGER was a decent enough hurdler for instance his 2nd behind CHRISTOPHER WOOD now rated 135 (has been a little higher) so a little surprising to see FLAM go chasing so early (still only 6 ) but soon managed to win nov chases and get a rating of 124, since then he has been fishing in quite deep waters cl3, cl2 and even a ascot cl1 attempt.
So he comes back down to earth here today on the back of a 77 day a break and given he likes to bowl along or can even be a little free i think it interesting that he has yet to jump a fence in public on good ground, in the main he appears to jump well enough though a little careful at times but because i suspect he will be able to dictate from the front today without hassle i can see him getting into a nice enough rhythem expect him to make life difficult for those behind him so encouraged to have a bet, took a little 11/2 for a change on this thread.
good luck.

This was a race I considered betting in but in the end I decided no bet. I am just copying below what I posted on my thread, apologies if you have already read it.

Jackson Hill (10/3) was a possible for me as he is pretty consistent, and in last couple of runs he has shown maybe he will be better over fences than hurdles, and he has run well to place on last two visits to Plumpton (over hurdles), but there are plenty of doubts too. Biggest one being his win rate of just 1 win from 18 runs. That win came two runs ago at Wincanton, where he beat Dandolo Du Gite by 4 lengths, but is 6 lbs worse off today so not certain to confirm those placings. He did run well again to finish 2nd behind Numitor at same course last time.

There was a discussion on here couple of days ago about horses that like finishing 2nd, maybe Jackson Hill is one of those horses as he has finished 2nd 8 times in his career, that’s nearly half the races he has contested. He often trades shorter in running too, in 12 of his 18 races he has traded at less than half the bfsp, and 4 of his last 5 defeats have come after he went odds on in running. I think he may run well again, but as it’s possible to make a case for Wenceslaus and Flaminger as well as DDG, making it a competitive race despite the small field, I feel at least one of those 3 may beat JH, so I am happy to leave the race alone.

markfinn markfinn only backed it because he plays golf , so no "well dones" required :D :D

Well done
Fore ..............none players of the green ............. Thanks all - I don't know whats harder this or golf - at the moment all we have is racing, so here we are - we often have the discussion - of whats best way to find winners ? Ratings - Trends - Profiling - Form reading etc - is any one better than the others - today was all about expectation will add that to list.

No Cheltenham this year doomster doomster what you going to do with yourself - cant even watch it in the pub.

My wife had made the decision that I wasn't going and and booked a week in Tenerife to replace my 6 days locked in my room last year :headbang: :headbang:

A few rounds of golf in the morning and the local boozer to watch the Festival. Sounded too good to be true.

I was having a bet on Ruby Gates in the 4.40 4.20 last night, who I thought looked in the "win zone" now, but I missed the 8's yesterday and missed the drift out this morning.

I will wait for the live show, but I will be backing it.

Last edited:
markfinn markfinn doomster doomster

Same here guys, no trip to Cheltenham and no golf and no pub to watch it, although my Cheltenham mate has a decent sized house I may break the rules.

Booked Cyprus and now cannot travel North to the top Turkish side to the golf resort, so that's cancelled now looking at Tenerrife and Buena Vista Golf at the top side of the island I need some sun and golf

Tuesday was always my favourite day at Chelts, with the biggest result getting the train home on time, God going to miss that and I know thats selfish but that's how I feel, as a key worker and had no rest bite or furlough you just sometimes need a release!!!!!!!

1614713162144.png

Inform K Dalgliesh runs three here so have to reckon he has all the intent going to concentrate my effort on his three

Three Castles - Jockey knows the horse - 0/4 in handicap hurdles - has won here and placed twice on the flat - but OR 116 seems severe punished for win in Juvenile Hrdle at Catterick - that race did turn out to be a good one but even so 116

Big Jim - 0/10 in in any races - has placed 2nd on the course - will like the going - Jockey knows the horse -

Balramald - 5yr old - T and WS - will get the going - Jockey knows the horse well - can win 2 of these and stay in class - placed twice here in Juv Hrdles not punished by BHA for placing in a better than average race - he has two falls in record inc LTO when 5/2 Fav, Callu, will have learnt from that.

Balramald

Back