• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race

Tom Marquand(not riding today) is the key jockey to this race as he has ridden quite a few of them.

Hollie Doyle and Ryan Moore, like Marquand, are Hong Kong bound soon and they will want to leave on a positive.

Skerryvore's trainer James Fanshawe is on a poor run in Hcaps on the AW over the last 30 days with 13r-0w-0p.

Notations half brother Caplin won 2 races over C&D here in March 2019 when rated in the 70's She has a good 5lb claimer up.

Hes A Keeper slipped the field LTO and just lasted home. His Dam never raced beyond 1m21/2f. Sire is on the up mostly at sprint/mile distances.

Madeeh was well behind Skerryvore at Newcastle in November 2019 off similar marks.

Oslo ran 2nd behind another Palmer runner at Chelmsford LTO and Trainer/Jockey have a 1 from 31 record at this Track.

Renardeau's trainer Ali Stronge although more NH biased have been knocking on the door for an AW winner recently and although this looks a tough contest(runners at Kempton today) there is a place chance here for Renardeau.

Combine out of the David Watchman trained mare, Unity, is another of the family trained by Palmer(Crimean Tartar Listed winner, another) as others have pointed out on here is an improving type at a distance its breeding suggests is optimum and with a trainer who knows the family well and difficult to oppose with a jockey like Moore who is in the top 5 in the World at his sport and although not a recent visitor to this track will use it to hone his skills for his Hong Kong trip.

Good Luck all

Family Fortunes looks well treated in this with a good 5lb claimer up to boost his chances.

Elmejor has what looks the best AW form in his run at Lingfield in March just before lockdown and is well treated on that now and also gets powerful hands in the saddle.

Delicate Kiss has the best LTO form of all these and only goes up 2lbs for that win.
Deserves to be fav' but a 3yo Cemhaan is getting supported!

Mr Tyrell does he go on RH tracks?

Good Luck all

Newcastle 5.15 Call Me Ginger

I put this one up on here lto and probably worth a watch.

I'm thinking it will be an exchange drifter as there seems to be little differential between CMG and the winner Astro Jack. Currently 12/1 is fine with me but I am hopful of 16.0+. Whilst he still has an iffy draw, the main concern is the early modest pace.

I'd written off CMG's chances after he broke from the 2 stall and jockey went straight to lane 14 inside the 1st 1f.

The pace wasn't great and he did lose half a length making his effort, but I'd like to see him kept central this time and give less ground up early on.

Gets a 1lb drop, but returns with a 5lb claimer who did recently win for the trainer.

I honestly think run style and this track requires a top jock, plus my concern about pace, but he's a horse to watch.

Newcastle is fast becoming the fairest race course for sprinters

Run the stats on this race Top - Trainer will generally put you in the money
1607065478420.png
Never sure about run style - most horses can be run certain ways as required - here you want to at the front and shy one's dont generally get the win - Why ? perhaps its the nature of the course - an open strip where they can run their lanes ?

1607065160289.png

1607065429252.png

Astro and Gunmetal for me

Last edited:
The last time WASN'TEXPECTINGTHAT 77 turned up at newc he won like a very well handicapped horse and comes back here off a new mark 89, so 12lb higher and not the best of draws but i still think he's better than his mark.
Like the jockey and the horse can progress( fav type of course) but what awaits - OR of 90 Plus he will find it harder up a class - I also Like Phil Kirby's 3yr Gowanlad who seems named for the course - feel that he has the look of a vast improver.

A difficult race

Back