• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race - Daily Review Thread

Well done those who backed yesterdays winner,i have only just caught up as i was distracted via another race on the card with a less positive outcome.! I had obtained all on @ 25/1 and feeling sweet about it when the bloody 5/4 jolly became a n/r and hit me with a 40p R4 ,i take these matters personal and went up the pole as my 25/1 became 15/1.My attitude improved closer to the off as the animal was smashed into 13/2 a snugness obliterated in less than a min as he then proceeded to run a mare and fin last.!

I feel sure there is a lesson or moral contained in the above but currently i am buggered if i can see it or wish to.!

Tbh me too,i backed the evening before with most on @11/1 and some snagged @ 14/1.The stable often has runners that are smashed but when this did not occur on the day i did not view it as a neg.There appeared to be plenty of interest in other contenders and i also noted that mine had won before @ 25/1 and 10/1 perhaps unexpected on both occasions it does happen ,prob more often than most punters wish to believe or trainers admit to.?
mick mick is there a list of stables whose runners get smashed on here somewhere?

mick mick is there a list of stables whose runners get smashed on here somewhere?
Not to my knowledge or tbh interest. There are some overt betting stables who use there press groupies to enhance this Rep as a means of attracting owners and others who have earned it the hard way and do not want it. But the shrewdest betting yards and connections will be seeking to not be seen as such. Although currently the markets are so volatile that someone sneezing can start a run on a horse. :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry mick mick, meant to post it on other thread for the race you chose. Got confused because of similar thread titles. Deleted now.

Last edited:
Taylor - Put the winner up. Basically he got up in the morning saw what had been backed. Picked one that beaten it here before. Fanning had 2 winners. Our race and the last. I think it was a day for closers. The wind direction must have changed. The last 3 races they were all nearside rail. earler including ours more even distribution. i'm not sure if it was from behind or in front . I'm a bit confused about this. Didn't notice the trees. ATR (Trafturx?) has our race as even to Fast. I predicted slow. ATR pace maps also predicted slow. Dam Jockeys. Note just for myself. I thought/hoped Wheres Mick would be near the front on a slow pace. The opposite happened. It was 2nd here over 7f when raced prominent. I predict in my mystic Meg wig that when it eventually wins Fahey will tell the jockey to race prominently.

Last edited:
Emptymind Emptymind Re Wheres Mick i cannot bring myself to back a horse who has yet to win but his 20Nov20 run here was decent and off my ratings he ran to OR 74. After yesterdays run the BHA might drop him 2lbs which would put him on OR 74 so your money may only be lent.

1610534337761.png

Last edited:
Back