• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race - Daily Review Thread

runnerjp runnerjp any post race snippets that might prove of value down the line
A very relevant comment and should runnerjp runnerjp care to use his IT skills to save and collate these giving members advanced warning of future entries then it would prove most useful.

I remain a computer numpty and it was only a couple of years ago that a friend introduced me to trainer web sites.What i have found often is that the snippets they offer on the day are of little use but saved and referred to 6 months and 6 runs later they can sometimes be put to very good use.:)

A very relevant comment and should runnerjp runnerjp care to use his IT skills to save and collate these giving members advanced warning of future entries then it would prove most useful.

I remain a computer numpty and it was only a couple of years ago that a friend introduced me to trainer web sites.What i have found often is that the snippets they offer on the day are of little use but saved and referred to 6 months and 6 runs later they can sometimes be put to very good use.:)
mick mick - you referring to the "comments" type stuff from the trainers mouth here?

mick mick - you referring to the "comments" type stuff from the trainers mouth here?
Yes normally given late on the day and or the post race ones.I certainly do not blame them for this because anything worthwhile then the owners deserve first dibs but as you said further down the line when the majority will have forgotten they can prove useful.It is not something i save and often wish i had.I note most of them do not incorporate a search facility so when i have a horse of interest off the 4 day or 48hr decs i often find myself spending ages on the trainers site attempting to find any previous comments.

Re my above imo the best info to be gleaned is negative.When connections identify a reason for a poor run and share it.In this respect the BHA stewards reports can prove helpful although they often "call in" the wrong ones imo,but the aspect which does my nut in is when connections say they cannot offer any explanation.Fair dues 5mins post race but in these cases i feel the BHA should do a follow up and make public any subsequent findings.

mick mick - thanks for clarification
Do you use these sites? Horse Trainer Directory - has most trainers sites linked on one page
Lambourn Trainers Association | Lambourn Trainers Association - has daily comments from lambourn based

Do you use the RP site as they have past "quotes" saved for each individual horse although they are usually "winning" comments.
Quotes.PNG

aah - you read my mind! - my next suggestion was the BHA stewards reports , i am in the process of doing something with these which could prove of use to you - not quite there yet but result could be a fully searchable word document of daily stewards reports and non runners with reasons, updated daily. (keep you informed if interested)(free gratis - off course)

Last edited:
mick mick
aah - you read my mind! - my next suggestion was the BHA stewards reports , i am in the process of doing something with these which could prove of use to you - not quite there yet but result could be a fully searchable word document of daily stewards reports and non runners with reasons, updated daily. (keep you informed if interested)(free gratis - off course)
Certainly sounds an interesting project.:)

mick mick - let me know where to pull quotes from and can easily add them to a database!
Tbh i go round the houses ,just google the trainers name and official web site. ARAZI91 ARAZI91 has given some better ways above.I am fortune in the way i work which is well in advance and i make it difficult for a horse to become a possible bet in the first place so there are normally only a few i am looking deeper at with plenty of time to do so,but any collective and comprehensive one hit easy find re trainers past comments for same would be great.

As an example i already know nothing of interest for thur or fri and saturday just the one at present, which runs in an apprentice race at Chelm.

Last edited:
Re yesterdays outcome.Well done the winner a good performance under 9-7.The aspect which left me puzzled was the market Re the 3rd.An early EP of 8/1 which at one point late morning was extended to 16/1 concluding in an SP of 8/1.Recent times the markets are bonkers.?

It was a good performance yesterday mick mick from Kachy - on raw times it was about 8-10 lb away from the course record and beat the RP standard - the winner ran in G1 Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot in the Summer and was entitled to win this with authority and could be set for a good season on the turf this year. Your selection's drift was unexplainable and the shrewdies took note at 16s and realised it was way off. Sometimes you just have to file things away as unknowns , it ran its race and still one to keep on the right side of , stepping a horse up to a higher race tempo can sometimes break a horse , but yours seemed to get the picture late on.

Congrats to Amelia who rode her first winner in yesterdays Common race.I must confess to having put myself away with this one.! I made the case for the horse but swerved on the "virgin" rider and reinforced this by questioning why is Kirby not riding it.? It would have been nice to be a fly on the wall in the Cox office when the riding arrangements where being finalized.

Bobby makes all and wins well & Kirbys starts fav and fin last.I suspect there may be a lesson or moral involved but at present it escapes me.Seeking something which is not there.?

Last edited:
The unexposed winner of today's race Daisy De Sivola could be a useful sort.
Out of a lightly raced , twice winning Dam who has produced a few nice types.
Daisy de Sivola.PNG
She was having her 3rd run since a 308 day layoff today and trainer Nick Williams has a decent record with this angle - they seem to improve on the third run.

R3 - highlighted from various layoff brackets
Williams.PNG

I like February many will now be saying next month we have Chelt ,but i would add don't forget Doncaster.Older members might recall the interest in the build up to the Lincoln.The debates in bookies and pub ,the vibrant ante post market and press coverage I miss that.Hopefully it will be race of the day on the common thread ,and between us we may still not get the winner but we should enjoy some learning and fun while attempting.March 24th and the entries and ORs are now aval. :)

I like February many will now be saying next month we have Chelt ,but i would add don't forget Doncaster.Older members might recall the interest in the build up to the Lincoln.The debates in bookies and pub ,the vibrant ante post market and press coverage I miss that.Hopefully it will be race of the day on the common thread ,and between us we may still not get the winner but we should enjoy some learning and fun while attempting.March 24th and the entries and ORs are now aval. :)

Yes i like the Lincoln and the grass flat alot, i can remember i dreamt the winner once i see the number flash past the post in my dream it was High/Low funny my surname is low as well. So lets hope we can find the winner it is a hard one to find though.

Perhaps not of general interest but then again may be it should be.The below is taken from PP T&Cs and is just one "rule" of many inc in there Suspicious Bets (we are not paying) section.If you understand it then please explain as i do not.? As mentioned yesterdays common winner Kachy 6/4 was offered at 9/2 EP by this mob and i wonder if the below is being used to delay payment to those who where able to obtain the EP.?

9.1.2. where there is an inordinate frequency and/or highly unusual pattern of Bets placed on the same selection(s) and where the theoretical probability of said selection(s) winning at the time of Bet(s) placement, based on the odds offered on the selection(s) at the time of Bet placement, is largely inconsistent with the theoretical probability of the same selection(s) winning calculated using their starting prices.

Perhaps not of general interest but then again may be it should be.The below is taken from PP T&Cs and is just one "rule" of many inc in there Suspicious Bets (we are not paying) section.If you understand it then please explain as i do not.? As mentioned yesterdays common winner Kachy 6/4 was offered at 9/2 EP by this mob and i wonder if the below is being used to delay payment to those who where able to obtain the EP.?

9.1.2. where there is an inordinate frequency and/or highly unusual pattern of Bets placed on the same selection(s) and where the theoretical probability of said selection(s) winning at the time of Bet(s) placement, based on the odds offered on the selection(s) at the time of Bet placement, is largely inconsistent with the theoretical probability of the same selection(s) winning calculated using their starting prices.
Simple answer Mick, they will email and tell you your account is now blocked due to suspected fraudulent activity.

mick mick - good spot mick and sums up the ethics of the modern day accountant.. i mean bookmaker- thou shalt not win - even by price rick!! as nicksar nicksar says - probably followed by a "suspicious practise" or "account irregularities" spiel , maybe even an arbing accusation thrown in and then a block or a "0.63p" restriction.

Back