• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Two methods of rating?

Hi Mick

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you are saying in your last sentence but I personally think that if you can solve his two sets of ratings then you will be able to emulate his thinking when using the method. (This either agrees with what you said or is the opposite to what you said). Also, I strongly believe that the two sets of ratings are doctored, i.e individually stretched and shortened where necessary to illustrate the points he used when selecting the winners and leaving the losers. Obviously after the result was known. (This might be similar to what you were saying).
Hi Garry i concluded that those final two sets of ratings where the key because in the after timed examples he gave they where always the super accurate straighter deployed to sort out conflict between the class - form horses. You are suggesting that they where doctored to illustrate points and if correct then i fail to understand how this was deemed helpful, indeed i would be more inclined to call it deceitful.

We all spend time investigating the past but the bottom line remains how we use what we have learned in the future and Re posting on forums to my mind there are only two creditable ways of doing so. You explain your thinking in plain English which enables other members to understand and investigate, and or you post some pre race selections.

Re my above it appears to myself that the more a VDW disciple claims to know about the method then the less likely they are to do either, and this tells its own sorry tale. Tbf this egotistic indulgence is not unique to followers of the VDW method but it does appear to attract more than its fair share of same, all lead to negative outcomes as other members vent because they end up feeling frustrated or patronized and the poster concerned ends up being ignored and disappears.

We do have a few members who use the method or there interpretation of it, they make no claims of advanced expertise or silly hints about missing links. They post there selections pre race and regardless of the outcomes they do gain interest and positive comment from others. I note Chesham Chesham and hedgehog hedgehog have joined this conversation and both would be good examples.

Last edited:
Fortunately I wasn't clever enough to find the key. I would imagine that those that claimed they had found the safe empty.
VDW form horses can be found on Ancestry.com.

The day I hear a trainer say VDW methodology helped me choose the right race is the day I give it any sort of credence.

Fortunately I wasn't clever enough to find the key. I would imagine that those that claimed they had found the safe empty.
VDW form horses can be found on Ancestry.com.

The day I hear a trainer say VDW methodology helped me choose the right race is the day I give it any sort of credence.
Daragh Bourke is heavily reliant on the thinking of VDW and wont hear a word said against him.

Well done Chesham Chesham 4/4 is very impressive.

I've been looking at right-hand man and spotted an interesting pattern. In the same article I've just looked at the 6 winners at the boxing day. I'd have bet kevinsport so probably not a good pattern.

I noted when vdw bet canny Danny in its last race it had run second to Burrough hill lad which had a great season. Bhl had the pattern. I'm beginning to think vdw just was picking 1st, 2nds and 3rds to decent horses.

Good luck

I noticed today with what i picked today Indigo times and scale force They were both top on form or joint top they were top on my ratings, and the other thing i noticed was they had both achieved class pars

Hello K kralken, what database are you using, HRB, inform or do you have your own please?

You are still blue so I don't think you have access to the class sheets Chesham Chesham and others contribute to.

Sorry if I appear nosey I'm just curious

Good luck tomorrow

Yes there were others that i have not put up basically when i do my ratings the class pars i use are 60 cl 6 70 class 5 80 class 4 etc so when i adjust the horses if they are over my pars then they are a bet esp if they have a 70 in a class 6 and thank you

Back