• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Trainer Pairs

Chesham Chesham or anybody else who uses HRB
Regarding the compressed weight / topweight scenario
if you get this up

1.PNG
then click trainer and pick one say Nicky Henderson

2.PNG
then click "use races" and you have to name them something here - say "Henderson 2+runs 1 TW"
you get this

3.PNG

you now have the 79 races where Nicky ran at least 2 and 1 was Topweight

if you then click trainer again and choose Nicky again you can now interrogate all his runners in these races

4.PNG

by weight position , odds etc

5.PNG
and get a full qualifier list etc

Qualifier List.PNG

one other thing you can do with horseracebase is check Trainer v Trainer or Jockey v Jockey
for example who is better Charlie Appleby or Saeed Bin Suroor when they pitch runners against each other in a race
say in Handicap races UK
Get this up

1 eg.PNG
then ADD minimum / maximum qualifiers as 2 and press go

2 eg.PNG
you'll get this

3 eg.PNG
then breakdown by trainer

4 eg.PNG
in this case the two of them have matched up (1 runner only) to each other in 99 hcap races - Appleby has won 24 , SBS 13 - Appleby is profitable SBS - Not etc etc

BTW - For clarity you need to tick Trainers Runners in Race as 1 - Otherwise the database will pick up races where only either trainer has 2 or more runners and this would corrupt the data as it would not be a match

You can do this with 2 jockeys , 2 sires etc

Trainer Jockey combos can be quite interesting. I created a report to show them all and order by profit etc.
Here's some of the better ones at first glance.
TrainerJockeyCombos.jpg

Last edited:
i had a look on HRB and this is based on each of the Easterby's having one runner in each race , Mick and Tim
only area i could see an angle was Amatuer / Conditional jockeys races
Since 2008 - 42 races where both trainers had a runner and 13 wins with a further 19 places
View attachment 54537
setting the HRB minimum qualifiers per race to 2 plus catches the races where the two trainers have entries.

Where can i find ADVANCED CATEGORIES please ARAZI91 ARAZI91.

Arkle

ARAZI91 ARAZI91, post 29 the first category coloured blue is called ADVANCED CATEGORIES.

Arkle
Aah - sorry arkle55 arkle55 - right , when you are in the system builderV4 - click "Add" - and scroll down to the bottom of the page - advanced categories consists of 3 items - Min/Max qualifiers - Todays data - Tommorrows data
1.PNG
Todays data good - you can load up the days trainers and jockeys and dig deeper than the usual "trainer report"
Sires and dams too -
Horses / races you can do by the V4 button on the racecards

Last edited:
Trainers who have a greater than 20% race win percentage when running 2 or more runners in a race (middle column)
First column is Trainers All runners Race Win % irrespective of number of runners.
3rd Column is difference

Data from 2008+
1 Pairs.PNG
Same Data
Trainers % of Runners & Winners compared to All Runners & Winners
Trainers whose "Pairs" (2 or more in a Race) make up at least 25% of ALL Runners
Pairs2.PNG
Over half of all Aiden O'Briens runners are a "Pair+"
Son Joseph plays the same game with nearly 40%

Last edited:
Although I've only just joined and the amount of work you have put into this is outstanding and may ask have you looked at TRAINERS OWNERS although it maybe harder to get the relevant data.

I've only taken a quick look so you may well have covered this and if so I will find it when I take a deeper look.

T

Although I've only just joined and the amount of work you have put into this is outstanding and may ask have you looked at TRAINERS OWNERS although it maybe harder to get the relevant data.

I've only taken a quick look so you may well have covered this and if so I will find it when I take a deeper look.

T
Hi T - yes i look at owner data - i have a couple of seasons of runners by owners but so far have not collated it (or even looked at it)and plan to db it. Basically i download the results from HRB , along with the days A to Z of runners , and then sort and join them through excel. But even with the basic data that the RP & At The Races provides i generally make a note of any thing significant - especially if an owner has a liking for a particular course or jockey , and also if the owner has horses with more than 1 trainer , if a certain trainer is favoured. It is an area , imo that could still hold an edge.

Getting owner data into my system is on my never ending todo list.

Anyway on the trainer pairs side out of the 800,000 combos in my list from races 2000 to nowish, then after applying various filters I came up with a grand total of about 14 pairs that I'm going to potentially back this year.

HHmm excel is better than it used to be in terms of the data it can hold but it's row limit is 1,048,576 per worksheet

Last edited:
ARAZI91 ARAZI91 funny you should mention Dean Ivory the other day, he's actually one half of one my worthwhile (IMO) double acts.
Look him and Robert Eddery together in your software of choice 2011-2017

Back