• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Trainer change systems

Hi greyabbey, I have been following your thread with interest, and am pleased your showing a nice profit for the month. I do hope it continues.
You have inspired me to create my own trainer change system, but I have limited mine to the NH racing as it seems more profitable.
There has been an interesting development for me today in that although HRB is showing some 20 trainer change horses, I have one that is not on the list.
I always double check this system using timeform. It’s the only website that shows a trainer change on the race card itself with a NT symbol next to the trainers name so they are easy to spot.
The horse in question for me is Kansas City Chief in the Cheltenham 16:05 today.
It has changed stables from Mrs A Malzard back to regular stable Neil Mulholland.
It changed stables for one run at Les Landes in Jersey.
As you know HRB only covers UK and IRE so this wouldn’t show up anyway, but it’s put me in a bit of a predicament.
It’s down to an individual’s interpretation of the system, and for me I’m treating it as a bet as technically it is a change of trainer.
Just thought I’d flag this up as HRB has missed a trainer change for me before and turned out to be what would have been a winning bet.
Good luck in the coming days.

Thanks Alien Alien I appreciate you engaging and reaching out!
I agree the UK/Ire approach is a limitation of HRB. As an example, I've enjoyed profits this year backing Bin Suroor horses who've had a break after running in Meydan, but I need to check individually as HRB won't show them.
I'll leave out the Mulholland one, as it's debatable it's a full blown change, but good luck. I agree that the national hunt systems on this generally need much fewer criteria involved. I don't know why that is...

Hi greyabbey greyabbey
I hope you can keep this in profit for the month.

I didn’t have any TC bets today. I did have one tomorrow - Ingenuity (3:40 Taunton) but it’s been pulled out so, unusually for me, I have no bets tomorrow. :(

Keep this up though as I totally agree with T TonCon that this system definitely has some mileage in it.

All the best mate

A case of what might have been today. I neglected a couple of O'Brien and Skelton switchers based on likely price, and they both won (albeit O'Brien's strongly backed into 6/4). Eyeofthescorpion ran a cracker for 2nd behind a smart Nicholls horse and Black Kalanisi 2nd (albeit fortuitously).

Back