• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Trainer change systems

TonCon

Filly
newcomer newcomer - without meaning to teach my grandmother to suck eggs but have you looked at your existing NH strike rate against the SR excluding Irish and non-traditional jump courses eg., S'well ?

I have never known any non-Irish punter, in person or on-line, who has made a consistent profit on Irish racing.

newcomer

Filly
For the NH element, it's only the UK. It's the only filter alongside days since last run (and trainer change). Like countless others, I generally struggle to do anything with Irish NH racing.

newcomer

Filly
On Southwell, I think it has more trainer change runners than a lot of other courses. Generally, the system performs best at the lesser known courses. I haven't looked at it properly, but I'd call it the "Racing TV/At The Races" variable. It's only average at the "classy" courses and brilliant at the "friendly" courses. I'm simplifying, obviously.

Southwell: 30 runs. 11 winners. 112% return to BSP.

newcomer

Filly
Again though, no equivalently good breakdown by class for flat/AW. When the only reason I've got is that the data (rather than any rational explanation) then I'll still be wary that the jumps results aren't aided by fortune.

newcomer

Filly
Ha. A nice winner, but I probably need to revisit the flat and AW systems. I hastily put them together in March ahead of the season starting, and they're more vulnerable to backfitting than the jumps one as that one is just so simple. The Irish one is very profitable to BSP but with a miserable strike rate (8%), and I suspect it's individual cases where I've managed to inadvertently jump on to somebody else's gamble. I wouldn't want to rely on it...