• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

top ten favourite songs

OnTheNod

Gelding
I like desolation row by Bob Dylan, my brother in law is mad on him he likes sad eyed lady of the lowlands.

In no particular order

Reflections Of My Life .. Marmalade
Don't Bother Me .. Beatles
If I Can Dream .. Elvis Presley
Basket Case .. Green Day
My Back Pages .. The Byrds
4th Of July .. Amy MacDonald
Paint It Black .. Rolling Stones
King Of Clowns .. Neil Sedaka
Go West .. Village People
The Last Farewell .. Roger Whittaker

Samacas

Mare
Some memories sparked from the lists so far so here is mine (in no particular order) for today. Ask me tomorrow and it could be quite different though.

Laughter in the Rain - Niel Sedaka
Sleep Walk - Santo and Johnny
Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum
Handle With Care - Travelling Wilburys
My Way - Frank Sinatra
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Time For Love - The Chi-Lites
Imagine - John Lennon
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
I Got You Babe - Sonny and Cher

OnTheNod

Gelding
Whiter Shade of Pale is one of mine as well, they did a long version which i have on my player. I remember they played in the local college and we sat outside and listened only a few could get in because was such a small venue was great though.

markfinn

Sire
In no particular order

Reflections Of My Life .. Marmalade
Don't Bother Me .. Beatles
If I Can Dream .. Elvis Presley
Basket Case .. Green Day
My Back Pages .. The Byrds
4th Of July .. Amy MacDonald
Paint It Black .. Rolling Stones
King Of Clowns .. Neil Sedaka
Go West .. Village People
The Last Farewell .. Roger Whittaker
My back pages. Great song

Chesham

Sire
Whiter Shade of Pale is one of mine as well, they did a long version which i have on my player. I remember they played in the local college and we sat outside and listened only a few could get in because was such a small venue was great though.
Thought of you as like me you like playing your guitar

My brother put me on to this great on line app called Fretastic and its free too. You need to register to get the full benefit such as the free backing tracks. All the different types of Scales to practice with .

The youtube Clip that my brother sent me
The chap on the video is very genuine and has nothing to do with Fretastic other than he found it useful.

The Backing Tracks are really good and of course you can see the Scale underneath

Enjoy having a Noodle session with the various Backing Tracks and Scales

markfinn

Sire
K kenny jones - why did you break up with the Who ! - come on dish the dirt

Hard one and possibly impossible, where do we start , I suppose songs that remind of time and place is a good starting point and of course some re- occur

I’m a California Man – Roy Wood

Fog on the Tyne - Lindsifarne

Money Pink Floyd

Sweet Caroline

Miss You - Stones

When I think of all the good times – Animals

Eric Burdon & The Animals- Good Times

Blue Eyes – Elton

Elton John - Blue Eyes (Live-HQ)

Up the Junction – Squeeze

SQUEEZE - UP THE JUNCTION (complete)

Anarchy in The Uk – Pistols

Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK

I Fought the Law – Clash

The Clash - I Fought The Law

impossible as one each leads to ten others - on and on

Last edited:

OnTheNod

Gelding
Thought of you as like me you like playing your guitar

My brother put me on to this great on line app called Fretastic and its free too. You need to register to get the full benefit such as the free backing tracks. All the different types of Scales to practice with .

The youtube Clip that my brother sent me
The chap on the video is very genuine and has nothing to do with Fretastic other than he found it useful.

The Backing Tracks are really good and of course you can see the Scale underneath

Enjoy having a Noodle session with the various Backing Tracks and Scales
Hi Chesham Chesham I learnt a fair amount of music theory and how scales are formed, the thing that help me alot was the circle of fifths i found out how one can switch from scale to scale and back again if need be, also i learnt chromatics and whole tones, and for outside effects the diminished and augmented scale. I dont noddle much but did learn load of licks and solos when i first started plus loads of chords.

I try now to make my own songs up i use my ears alot and just string various peices together that seem to sound right and hope some folks may like them.

That is good though that video as he says dont just play the scales make licks and songs from them, otherwise your playing can sound like scales only maybe. Good Luck!! with your playing btw.

Last edited:

Chesham

Sire
Hi Chesham Chesham I learnt a fair amount of music theory and how scales are formed, the thing that help me alot was the circle of fifths i found out how one can switch from scale to scale and back again if need be, also i learnt chromatics and whole tones, and for outside effects the diminished and augmented scale. I dont noddle much but did learn load of licks and solos when i first started plus loads of chords.

I try now to make my own songs up i use my ears alot and just string various peices together that seem to sound right and hope some folks may like them.

That is good though that video as he says dont just play the scales make licks and songs from them, otherwise your playing can sound like scales only maybe. Good Luck!! with your playing btw.
Some good Programs on BNC Radio Six (Guitar Greats) that you might like

So far I have listened to BBKING, Scotty Moore and BBKING

Listening to the BBKING Program I was surprised to hear him say that he was a rubbish Chord player .

6DC10A21-5146-4A53-855A-50A4BC7C924E.jpeg

OnTheNod

Gelding
Hi Chesham Chesham I have loads of music stored getting on for 2000 different bands i love listening to prog rock some of those old bands were really great.

I get loads off utube, and have amazon hd also some good stuff on their as well, yes some players have a knack of getting a good tune even with playing a little sloppy. one can know loads of chords but some times a few moved around the neck can sound really cool.

But Thanks!! for the above is nice to know.

Chesham

Sire
Hi Chesham Chesham I have loads of music stored getting on for 2000 different bands i love listening to prog rock some of those old bands were really great.

I get loads off utube, and have amazon hd also some good stuff on their as well, yes some players have a knack of getting a good tune even with playing a little sloppy. one can know loads of chords but some times a few moved around the neck can sound really cool.

But Thanks!! for the above is nice to know.
There are some very good documentaries on Radio Six. I usually download them and listen on my Iphone when I am on my morning walk along the river. There is a good series called The First Time, with various people from Music Artists to record producers. Tom Robinson also has some good guests that he interviews

This looks a good series and will download it

8661CB66-5B0B-48C1-B321-BF88B1CD3F40.jpeg

rave154

Filly
well, heres mine.......in no particular order

1) comfortably numb

2) Money ( pink floyd )

3) comfortably numb

4) the Machine

5) Comfortably numb

6) Ocean ( john butler @ federation square, @ max sessions, @ rothbury festival)

7) ( but really 1 )..Echoes, live at Pompeii

8) as above

9) ya'll still with me.....or?......

9) echoes live at Pompei ( yes.......you need to listen to it again !! )

10)....not telling............. tune in next week ;-)

Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie And The Hotrods
All You Good Good People - Embrace
C'est La Vie- Steriophonics
Get The Message- Electronic
You Get What You Give- New Radicals
That Lady Pts 1&2- Isley Brothers
Goodbye To Love- Carpenters
You've Got The Love- All Of Them
Let It Be - Beatles
Learning To Fly- Tom Petty