• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

top ten favourite songs

kenny jones

Yearling
anyone on here willing to put up their top ten fav's...heres mine...trouble is ask me next week and it will probably be 10 different ones :)

1 baker street, gerry rafferty
2 year of the cat, al stewart
3 day in the life of,the beatles
4 telegragh road, dire straits
5 waterloo sunset ,the kinks
6 question,moody blues
7 isn't life strange,moody blues
8 summer 68, pink floyd(rick wright)
9 riders on the storm,doors
10 a walk in the night,junior walker and the all stars

ArkRoyal

Administrator
2 Easy - Commodores
3 This Masquerade - George Benson
4 Fantasy - Earth Wind and Fire
5 Expansions - Lonnie Liston Smith
6 If loving you is wrong - Millie Jackson
7 Down in the tube station at midnight - The Jam
8 What's a telephone bill? - Bootsy Collins
9 Super freak - Rick James
10 We got the funk - Parliament

Last edited:

Larry

Mare
ArkRoyal ArkRoyal I bow at the feet of excellence, although I don't know how The Jam got in that list, a soulboy would love life on mars but DITTSAM wouldn't go down well at most clubs I frequented
Handcuffs is the best track on Mothership Connection although all the tracks are excellent We got the funk is called Tear the roof off the sucker

Larry

Mare
ooops I've just put the LP on(isn't vinyl great)We got the funk is actually called Give up the funk(tear the roof off the sucker)

Larry

Mare
ArkRoyal ArkRoyal On May 30/31 this year I was supposed to be at a festival at Dreamland in Margate The headline act was George Clinton supported by Roy Ayers I was looking forward to it bloody covid has a lot to answer for

ArkRoyal

Administrator
Saw Parliament at the Hammersmith Odeon around 1979. Absolutely brilliant. Loved Roy Ayres album Lifeline as well, running away was a classic.
Favourite live album is Live: P-Funk Earth Tour

Last edited:

Larry

Mare
I was only 15 in 79 but had been following funkadelic/parliament since about 76, I saw Grandmaster Flash & the furious 5 about 79 before they were famous. Mothership Connection is my fave album, But for live albums you can't beat Bob Marley live at the Lyceum 1975.
I never knew I had a soul brother on UKBF laters ArkRoyal ArkRoyal

OnTheNod

Gelding
I always liked jean Jeanie best by David Bowie i like the bass lines in it, is hard to say my favourite song or songs i like so many, i listen to loads of obscure bands alot from the 60s and 70s, i have about 2000 different bands stored, some very good stuff made that folk have never heard of, and of course the more known stuff from that period also, plus some stuff from the 80s is very good.

dave58

Administrator
In no particular order

Freebird
Stairway to Heaven
Panic
Because the night
The Great Pretender
Rock and Roll Suicide
Wuthering Heights
Will you
Maggie May

All of these I have performed at our local bars karaoke, with different levels of appreciation.

My last I have to give a nod to our bonkers mate Keith. Shortly after we moved here as complete strangers in a new country, knowing nobody but having made an effort to join in, he left the bar leaving a message with the resident dj saying that I was up for a laugh and would give anything a go.
The rotten bugger left the bar and
left me to sing 'my boy lollipop'
Luckily Carol was laughing too much to get it on camera

Last edited:

dave58

Administrator
I have to admit that it was challenging, but I like to think that I gave it my best shot.
For some strange reason when we go to karaoke bars, Carol does tend to distance herself from me

Chesham

Sire
1. Riverman , Nick Drake
2. Kathys Song, S&G
3. True Love Ways, Buddy Holly
4. Afterglow Of Your Love , The Small Faces
5. Waterloo Sunset, Kinks
6. Overjoyed ,Stevie Wonder
7. The Best Is Yet to come , Clifford T Ward
8.Going To California, Led Zeppelin
9. The Last Resort The Eagles
10. In My Life , The Beatles

Chesham

Sire
Ones I come back too

Light Flight , The Pentangle
Alice Martineau , Inside Of You
Heaven , Clifford T Ward
Anthony Newley , Why (Bowie liked his voice and sounded A bit like him in the early days)
Beth Neilson, Chapman, I Find Your Love
Cherry Ghost, Mathematics
Crowded House , Four Seasons In One Day
David Grey , This Years Love
The Divine Comedy , National Express (Always cheers me up and makes me smile)
Eric Clapton (Unplugged) Nobody Knows When Your Down and Out

dave58

Administrator
Oh and just to give a bump to a pal of mine, look at 'Marie and Joe' by the Doctors of Madness.
Kid (now known as Richard) Strange went on to do other stuff

Last edited:

dave58

Administrator
Ones I come back too

Light Flight , The Pentangle
Alice Martineau , Inside Of You
Heaven , Clifford T Ward
Anthony Newley , Why (Bowie liked his voice and sounded A bit like him in the early days)
Beth Neilson, Chapman, I Find Your Love
Cherry Ghost, Mathematics
Crowded House , Four Seasons In One Day
David Grey , This Years Love
The Divine Comedy , National Express (Always cheers me up and makes me smile)
Eric Clapton (Unplugged) Nobody Knows When Your Down and Out
Divine Comedy, totally bonkers, a bit like a friend of a friend, max splodge from splodgenessabounds, one 'hit' wonder and he's still living off it - fair play to the guy