• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

top five favourite sitcoms

Hi all,
what are your top 5 fav sitcoms...here's mine
1) father ted
2) rising damp
3) fawlty towers
4) only fools and horses
5) blackadder
two extra ones
gimme gimme gimme
game on

Was talking about this elsewhere yesterday and my top two remain Allo Allo and Faulty Towers. I have the box sets for both and after many years and plays they still lift the spirits when needed. :)
Hi mick,
I will say this only once,Allo Allo is up there with the best and what a stable of comedies,Dads Army,It Aint alf Hot mum, and the absolutely wondeful HiDiHi.This kind of comedy simply cant be repeated.

Samacas

Mare
1. Fawlty Towers
2. The Likely Lads
3. The Army Game - Original series
4. Porridge/ Open All Hours..anything Ronnie Barker
5. Love Thy Neighbour - Not much chance of a re-run on that

Also liked Doctor In The House/Doctor At Large

Last edited:

Sean

Colt
1. Fawlty Towers
2. The Likely Lads

Forgot about The Likely Lads (and whatever happened to ..) :doh:, and Porridge , got all the box sets of those and watch alot of em on You Tube ,, Love Thy Neighbour , George & The Dragon , The Army Game , George & Mildred , Till Death Us Do Part , Are You being Served , Citizen Smith , Get Some In , It Aint half hot mum etc etc .. shame they cant make them like that anymore

1. Fawlty Towers
2. The Likely Lads

Hi Samacas<
did you ever catch the spin-off of Porridge called Going Straight,RB again in the main role.It believe it got slated a bit by the critics at the time,but I have watched the series and really enjoyed it,but as you say ANYTHING with the wonderful Ronnie Barker in.
Porridge the movie is also a little gem.
Kenny

markfinn

Sire
Hancock - Till Death - Problem is the new age writers dont know whats funny any more - some exceptions. The league of gentleman - early Benidorm - No 9 - the brilliant Nighty Nighty - Alan Partridge -

SteveT

Gelding
Steptoe and son
Some mothers do av em
faulty towers
till death do us part
the liver birds
and many many more mentioned above, also some great comedians Dick emery, les dawson shows were 2 of my favourites

retriever

Gelding
There are many for me ( all of the above plus more!! ) but to narrow it down to the ones I remember most growing up are.....

Last of the Summer Wine
Only Fools and Horses
The Good Life
Brush Strokes
Open All Hours