• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Top 20 Trainers

Ascot (going forecast GS showers) market odds from 10.05

1.20 Cadeau D'Or 16/5
1.55 Wild beauty 5/2
2.30 Stowell 1/3
4.40 Invicible Swagger 17/2

The current top 20 trainers have not been doing too well for me this season as yet, so will try the next 20 to see if I can do better as they are still in the top 10% of the 400 or so trainers, plus the fact the odds returned should be better :prankster: .

Catterick (going forecast S showers) market odds from 09.00

1.08 Mendinah 18 (7/1 e.w.)
1.40 Fashion Advice 19 (9/4)
2.15 Euro Implosion 13 (13/2 e.w.)
2.50 Idlico 15(15/2 e.w.)
3.25 Gullane One 18 (14/1 e.w,)
4.00 Canaria 18 (25/1), Portend 18 (35/1)
4.30 Let Me be 23 (1/1). (I Can't Remember 13 (11/1) 2nd string - and the Keith Dalgleish yard seem s to be having a pop today).
5.00 Tathmeen 11 (5/1 e.w.)

That @markfin has been talking about me behind my back on the forum,so I thought I ought to respond :D.

I do respect successful trainers as an approach to finding selections to support. The reason being that you are more likely to get better odds in comparison with backing form runners. I couldn't do better than post an excerpt form an old free e-book by Tim Drakeford that I have posted on the forum before:

'You may have heard the old saw that fast horses win races. This is a tautology, because by definition, of course, the fastest horse in the race on the day always wins. The trick is to find the one which will be fastest on the day before the race is run! To me, this trick has three aspects. First, the horse must have the ability to win the race. Second, the horse must be able to show its form - that is, to live up to its innate ability. Thirdly, and absolutely vitally, the animal must be fancied by the people connected with it. If they are definitely not trying, then the horse will not win, and if they are not trying very hard it is less likely to win than might otherwise seem the case. These are the questions, then, that the punter must answer before choosing a runner on which he might bet -

Does the horse have sufficient ability to win a race of this type?
Are the circumstances right for the ability to be shown on this occasion?
Do connections expect the horse to win or go close?
If the answers to these three questions are an unequivocal "yes", then the punter has found the right sort of horse on which to invest his money."

These are my top trainers with the best overall strike-rates updated to 11 May.

20. M Murphy
19. M Appleby
18. J Gosden
17.C Appleby
16. R Varian
15. W Haggas
14. G Boughey
13. M Stoute
12. J&T Gosden
11. M Johnston
10. C Hills
9. C Cox

Considering York these are entries today adding an increment for for a runners result last time this season to the trainer 'leader board' figure: win =10 pts, 2nd = 7, 3rd = 6, 4th = 3.

York (going forecast GS light rain) market odds from 10.20

1.40 My Frankel 23 (9/2), Tagareer 19 (13/2) (others Shandoz 16, Ilarab 15)
2.40 Molatham 16 (13/2), Nahaarr 15 (15/2)
3.10 Mystery Angel 24 (6/1), Noon star 23 (7/4) (others Teona 16, Senita 12)
3.40 Bowman 21 (12/1), Rifleman 12 (9/2), Sadiqaa 9 (11/1)
4.15 Jadlaaan 11 (5/2)
4.50 Lydford 22 (/2)

Monday, and a slow day for UK Flat turf with only a below mid-grade card at Brighton.

Brighton (going forecast G with some GS showers)
3.40 Tangle wood Tales - A Balding rates 19 (4/1 mkt 10.10, opposed by strong fav Summers Knight 5/6)
4.10 Spring Glow - A Balding rates 29 (10/3 mkt)

Last edited:
Not all current top 20 merit trainers, but yards showing form with reasonable track records:

Sandown (going forecast S - GS) Market odds from 09.40.
6.15 Navello 7/4, Little Earl 12/1 speculative e.w.
6.50 Ranch Hand 7/2
8.00 Ransom 3/1
8.30 Abrag 20/1 speculative e.w

Just the current top 10 seasonal merit trainers for a day at the ITV3 races. Ryder staking plan down the card stop-when-in-profit.

Doncaster (going forecast GF watered showers)

1.10 Leuven Power
1.40 Hoo Ya Mal (dangers Find, Noble Truth)
2.10 Armor
2.40 Stradivarius
3.15 Lucky Deal
3.45 Asjad
4.20 Thousand oaks (dangers Sea La Rosa, Basilicata)

Last edited:
This being a Monday in mid-September and the racing on the UK mainland not very high quality few top-rank yards have runners out. These are my best today to consider:

Thirsk (going forecast GF rain)
2.30 Bartzella - W Haggas/T Marquand
3.40 Lady Rockstar - W Haggas/D Tudhope

Bath (going forecast GF with some G watering)
4.25 Discomatic - A Balding/H Turner (SP 7/4 won)
5.00 Incorrigible - R Hannon/Rossa Ryan (SP 9/2 won)

Last edited:
Made a few points yesterday, which is nice :) . Checked Yarmouth card and couldn't find a yard to support, so it's oop North to Redcar with Mark Johnston and Tim Easterby (top track trainer) today.

Redcar (going forecast GF watered showers)
1.40 Mackenzie Rose
2.45 Delgrey Boy
3.20 Wade's Magic (SP 10/3 won)
4.55 Overthink

Last edited:
That @markfin has been talking about me behind my back on the forum,so I thought I ought to respond :D.

I do respect successful trainers as an approach to finding selections to support. The reason being that you are more likely to get better odds in comparison with backing form runners. I couldn't do better than post an excerpt form an old free e-book by Tim Drakeford that I have posted on the forum before:

'You may have heard the old saw that fast horses win races. This is a tautology, because by definition, of course, the fastest horse in the race on the day always wins. The trick is to find the one which will be fastest on the day before the race is run! To me, this trick has three aspects. First, the horse must have the ability to win the race. Second, the horse must be able to show its form - that is, to live up to its innate ability. Thirdly, and absolutely vitally, the animal must be fancied by the people connected with it. If they are definitely not trying, then the horse will not win, and if they are not trying very hard it is less likely to win than might otherwise seem the case. These are the questions, then, that the punter must answer before choosing a runner on which he might bet -

Does the horse have sufficient ability to win a race of this type?
Are the circumstances right for the ability to be shown on this occasion?
Do connections expect the horse to win or go close?
If the answers to these three questions are an unequivocal "yes", then the punter has found the right sort of horse on which to invest his money."

These are my top trainers with the best overall strike-rates updated to 11 May.

20. M Murphy
19. M Appleby
18. J Gosden
17.C Appleby
16. R Varian
15. W Haggas
14. G Boughey
13. M Stoute
12. J&T Gosden
11. M Johnston
10. C Hills
9. C Cox

Considering York these are entries today adding an increment for for a runners result last time this season to the trainer 'leader board' figure: win =10 pts, 2nd = 7, 3rd = 6, 4th = 3.

York (going forecast GS light rain) market odds from 10.20

1.40 My Frankel 23 (9/2), Tagareer 19 (13/2) (others Shandoz 16, Ilarab 15)
2.40 Molatham 16 (13/2), Nahaarr 15 (15/2)
3.10 Mystery Angel 24 (6/1), Noon star 23 (7/4) (others Teona 16, Senita 12)
3.40 Bowman 21 (12/1), Rifleman 12 (9/2), Sadiqaa 9 (11/1)
4.15 Jadlaaan 11 (5/2)
4.50 Lydford 22 (/2)

how would you determine a horse is fancied by connections? e.g. odds must be less than x?

Not everyone is interested in HRB. If it has a feature to signal a runner is fancied by the yard fine, but by what criteria does it come to that conclusion? By the screenshot above it looks like a combo of no of runners and odds and leaves the user to scan it and take a viewpoint on the stats

Not everyone is interested in HRB. If it has a feature to signal a runner is fancied by the yard fine, but by what criteria does it come to that conclusion? By the screenshot above it looks like a combo of no of runners and odds and leaves the user to scan it and take a viewpoint on the stats
You are correct not everyone is interested in HRB but there is a free trial link on the forum which gives 7 days access to try out all the various tools for themselves and make their own minds up if it is of any use to them. Not for you judged on your previous view about HRB being often mentioned on the forum. There other commercial tool available Proform and FS, having used the latter for many years myself.

The number of runners is not linked to the the odds in my screenshot, just separated information.

in answer to your other comment, yes HRB has quite a few features for runners fancied by stables

One of quite a few tools for Stable Market moves

For the race chosen by Jackform Jackform

in the screenshot below at present there are two Market movers with regards shortening odds

9CC43D9A-ED9A-49D1-B3C6-9225143B1C58.jpeg
With regards Percys Lad I have checked out the Trainers other Market Movers about the same range as today. Of course the opening show on course may change form the screenshot above but if similar then the screen shot below is how previous similar Market MoVera have performed

72F75C34-EAB7-4010-934B-18778DB48119.jpeg
D2B8387B-5C6D-4C18-A9E7-D8B40036390F.jpeg

You're correct I have no interest in HRB promotions of any kind.

But this has prompted me to look at market movers again + other factors across a very broad sample , then compare that to those stats for individual trainers, to potentially come up with a "fancied by yard" flag or rating

You're correct I have no interest in HRB promotions of any kind.

But this has prompted me to look at market movers again + other factors across a very broad sample , then compare that to those stats for individual trainers, to potentially come up with a "fancied by yard" flag or rating
Your welcome and all the best

Just better than even yesterday, so not a disaster :) .

Yarmouth (going forecast GS)
3.20 Ajyaall
3.50 Visala (SP 7/2 won)
4.20 Dusky Lord

Beverley (going forecast S with some GS)
2.05 Five Stars (SP 11/8 won)
4.10 At A Pinch
4.45 Mac Ailey

Last edited:
Ayr (going forecast GF showers)
1.50 Outbreak
3.00 Jewel Maker
3.35 Mac Ailey
4.45 Fairmac
5.18 Triple Jay
5.50 Eclipse De Lunar (SP 2/1 won)

Pontefract (going forecast GF showers)
2.50 Regal Mirage
4.35 Enfranchise (SP 9/1 won)

Yarmouth (going forecast G with some GF)
2.05 Tippy Toes
2.40 Ingleton
3.50 Future
4.25 Titian

Last edited:
A last chance saloon result yesterday after taking a lot of risk :crazy:. Stick with Newbury today to cut down on the number of bets.

Newbury (going forecast GS)
1.45 Silk Romance
2.20 Altarait
2.55 King Of Conquest
3.30 Al Suhail
4.05 Star Caliber
4.55 Neenee's Choice

Ayr (going forecast GF Showers)
1.00 Wootton'Sun
1.35 Straits Of Moyle
2.10 Mitbaahy
2.45 Noorban
3.20 Show me Show Me
3.55 Lucky Deal
4.35 Little ted
5.00 Motorajet

Considered the jumps form at Southwell and Sedgefield and decided to give it a miss today. Instead going to rely on my current top 10 seasonal trainers ability.

Southwell (going forecast G watered)
12.20 All Shook Up 23 (my rating)
12.50 Brother Pat 28 (danger Ebony Gale 24)
1.25 Feast 19
1.55 Greatest Star 19 (danger Sure Touch 15)
2.25 Lelantos 24 (danger O'Hanrahan Bridge 18)
2.55 The Yellow Mini 16 (dangers What A Glance 10, Ten Past Midnight - both 10 for win LTO)
3.25 Major Snugfit 10 for win LTO (danger Sabbatical 10 for win LTO)

Last edited:
Staying with my trainers list again over the jumps as I couldn't find anything of interest on form, not that the trainers look too exciting today IMO?

Wetherby (going forecast good with some GF)
12.45 Away At Dawn 25
1.15 Tarseem 16
2.20 East Street 7 for 2nd LTO
2.50 Antunes 16
3.20 Lassue 29 (dangers Peerless Beauty 19, Betty Getaway 16)

Last edited:
These from my current top 10 seasonal trainers updated to 29 Nov.

Southwell (going forecast G with some GS and frozen in places)
12.25 Cawthorne Lad 10 win LTO, Percussion 7 2d LTO, Bardid 7 2nd LTO (where there is no listed trainer wins to 4ths LTO are rated instead)
12.55 Alpha Carinae 23, Une De la Seniore 21
1.25 Heartbreak Kid 23, Across The Line 23, Isolate 15
1.55 Bridal Knot 19, Crambo 18
2.30 Whenthepennydrops 16, Calidad 7 2nd LTO
3.00 Lydford 23, Great Ocean
3.30 Killane 27, Thundrsockssundae 23, Global Protektor 16

Back