• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Top 20 Trainers

Sorry @ Jackform - did not mean to hijack your thread and I am really grateful for the scans you posted.

Complete wipe out today - not that surprised at Southwell to be honest. I did try running the master list for Southwell only instead of all the all weather courses. The list was slightly different but the selections did not change.

To level stakes after two days and not including Kempton yesterday as it was not the main meeting the account is down five points.

Will continue to post selections until Friday if I am able.

Kempton Selections, stop at a winner.
5.05 Sleet
5.40 Cultured Knight
6.10 Luis Vaz De Torres
6.40 Cape Speed
7.10 El Tel
7.40 Clevedon Court

Wincanton (goig forecsat heavy)
1.30 Brise Vendeenine 25
2.00 The Brock Again
2.30 Crin Au Vent 28
3.05 Baoulet Delaroque 27
3.40 Starkie 18
4.15 Otto The Great
4.50 Bradford bridge 19

Winner in the forth yesterday and loss of two points, account now down 7 points.
Main meeting today Chelmsford:
5:10 Mr Red Clubs
5:40 Comanchie Chiefton
6:10 Welease Brian
6:40 Brassbound
7:10 Keep The Silence
7:40 Mrs Eboracum

For those interested here are Southwell selections.
1:50 Sir Geoffrey
2:20 Weald Of Kent
2:50 Art Scholar
3:25 The Lock Master
4:00 Nosey Barker
4:35 Llewellyn

I am not able to post tomorrow but for anyone who wants a generic master list of all weather trainers based on prize money won since 1st October 2015 up until yesterday. Generated using the method on the original scans, here it is:
20 M Appleby
19 S C Williams
18 R A Fahey
17 P D Evans
16 Saeed Bin Suroor
15 W J Haggas
14 M Johnston
13 D M Simcock
12 R Hannon
11 C Appleby
10 John Gosden
9 Sir Mark Prescott
8 J Tate
7 R Varian
6 J A Osbourne
5 A Balding
4 D B O'Meara
3 M Botti
2 R M Beckett
1 D K Ivory

All lost at Chelmsford on Friday. Account down 14 points.

Did not have time to look over the weekend and will not be posting anymore selections for this approach but will monitor it for a while.

Good luck all.

OK, I am on my own again. This is my version of the NH trainers seasonal merit list for the week commencing 8 Nov (I say 'my version' because it is somewhat different to the original). Not forgetting any increment for being placed last time out in the current season = win 10, 2nd 7, 3rd 6, 4th 3.

20. Ferguson
19. Hobbs
18. Henderson
17. Nicholls
16 Skelton
15. King
14. Evan Williams
13. O'Neill
12. Fry
11. Longsdon
10. Greatrex
9. Mullholland
8. Ellison
7. GL Moore
6. Venetia Williams
5. Pipe
4. Twiston-Davies
3. Mullholland
2. Lucinda Russell
1. Sue Smith

Fakenham
2.50 Halo Moon
3.20 Lee Side Lady
4.20 Navanman

Market Rasen
2.00 Wolfcatcher
3.05 Onefitzall (alternative dark horse trainer outside top 20 - Sharpasaknife)
4.40 Dark Lover

Last edited:
50% strike-rate last couple of days but chances discounted by layers for a loss, as ever.

Carlisle (going forecast heavy, which personally I swerve)
1,50 Ping
2.55 Miss Tiggy
3.30 Moscow Me
4.05 Kilbree Chief
4,35 Captain Redbeard

Last edited:
Not looked at this for a month but took a cursory look at Catterick. Only top yard out is Hobbs with Royal Milan 4.00 quite fancied, opposed by Minella Daddy on form. The Ellison yard is having a pop with three runners, the best looks to be Carthage 3.00, 2.00 Down time is opposed by Beyondtemptation on form, 2.30 General Mahler quite fancied but opposed by Sakhee's City on form. The 3.30 looks difficult for punters, 4.30 Leanna Ban is the form horse. 5.00 Flemerina - Sue Smith runner and the form horse, with Tickanrun a little way behind.

Began OK yesterday and tailed off towards the end of the card.

Wincanton (going forecast GS - don't know the current weather conditions there)

Nicholls is the top track trainer and has four fancied runners, so probably short odds or avoiding the races. 2.10 Antartica de Thaix - Nicholls, 3.20 Pacha du Polder - Nicholls possible form opposition Big Fella Thanks, 3.55 Tagrita - Nicholls odds might be better as Fry, King and Venetia Williams oppose, 4.30 Bugsie Malone - Nicholls opposed by Fry and Mulholland. 5.05 looks difficult with Abyaat the form horse then Royal Salute.
2.45 Vic de Touzaine - Venetia Wiiliams form opposition Quite By Chance - C Tizzard.

Seemingly not a lot of interest in this approach, but must keep trying :handgestures-thumbup:. Just try a tidier presentation.

Ludlow (going forecast on the good side of soft)

1.55 Querry Horse strong form fav at short odds
2.30 Zanstra (C Tizzard) some form opposition from Minellacelebration.
3.05 Uhlan Bute (Ven Williams) opposed by form horse Hollywoodien.
3.40 Nexus (PNicholls) opposed by Drumshambo (Ven Williams)
4.15 Brise Vendeenne (P Hobbs top track trainer only runner) opposed by form horse Timon's Tara.
4.50 Monkey Kingdom form horse then less fancied Grandioso.
5.25 Apterix (B Ellison) and Guantoshol (Ven Williiams last of three ruuners on the vard).

Just one winning fav and a couple of placed horses yesterday son not the best of days for trainers or form horses. Henderson yard with five is having a go today.

Newbury (going forecast soft side of good)

2.20 Favorito Bucks (Nicholls) then Sea Serpent (GL Moore)
2.50 Walking In The Air (Skelton) then Coole Charmer (Henderson)
3.25 Paddy The Stout (Henderson) then Festive Affair (O'Neill)
4.00 Special Agent (Henderson) then Nitrogen (Fry - withdrawn yesterday when seeming to have a fair chance)
4.30 Mountain Eagle (Fry) then Guards Chapel (GL Moore)
5.05 Garde Fou (Henderson) then Monetary Fund ( Ven Williams) form Horse Theatre Goer
5.35 Only For Love (Henderson) then Pampanini (Fry)

Just for a change we are off to the Emerald Isle today, begorrah! Where at Gowran Park the going is forecast heavy, and in Ireland that means when the riders helmets are just showing :D. Stamina is today's watchword there. I have only compiled a top 10 trainer list for the season.

Gowran Park (probabilty % nos Betfair around 10.00)
14.10 2, 4, 7, 8, 12 restricted race
Kings Line (Gordon Elliott)
14.45 1, 3, 4, 6 restricted
Double Island (Bromhead), Haymount (WP Mullins), Hard To Call (Gordon Elliott).
15.20 1, 2, 3, 8, 10 restricted
15.55 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 open race
Noble Emperor (AJ Martin)
17.05 1, 7 restricted
17.40 1, 3, 5, 8, 10 restricted
Carrig Cathal (Gordon Ellott), Monalee (Brom head).

Back