• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Tomorrow Done Today

Should you really be doing 3 horses in one race? There is no correct answer, but hopefully I can try trade with one or two

I think if at least one didn’t go shorter then you’re doing something wrong, but luckily I’ve fluked another steamer, for the time being anyway.

Well, I think the betting told the story with Putting, just never really travelling.

Whiteoak ran well for a long way, but the trip probably was just too far.

The other one I don't even remember seeing, but never in it.

Osca Loca in the 1.25 at Southwell for me - 18s tops, 16 most (you know it will go single figs and drift back out to 33s though right)

This looked like it could be half decent when in Ireland, winning two PTPs, then winning a hunter chase with ease by 13l. The horse he beat has been a solid 103 horse there, which is at least 112 over here.

He moved to Vaughan after a good year and a half off - who hasn't exactly been setting the world alight - and he could have run better on his first two starts, albeit the hurdle run looked a prep. He did show a lot more when returning in April though, despite being well beaten in the end, but he done well to challenge given he was in rear, and had to come on the wide outside, before petering away towards the end. The race couldn't have worked out much better with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th all winning since, and the selection looked a lot more likely to win than those.

I think Southwell will suit, and given that was his first run for 180 days, he's entitled to come on a good deal for the run. He's dropped down to 107, and I think he's worth a go at double figures

Fontwell 2.45 King Cool 15/2

I really like this horse with the blinkers back on, he is a completely different beast with them on, as shown when winning over this CD off 4lb higher in August - leading all the way, and jumping for fun - he had the race sewn up from quite some way.

He didn't see the 26f trip out on soft ground off 9lb higher on his next start, but he still looked a horse who could win off higher, and he hasn't really got any form on softer ground either.

When he returned back in March, he had four runs without the blinkers on, which has seen his mark drop back down to the mark of his success, although he is actually due to drop another 4lb as he ran a 12l 6th here 8 days ago. That may put some off, but the fact that he run that well without the blinkers being on, shows to me that he's ready to roll.

There is zero benefit to running in this race unless you are trying to win, so I expect to see him returned to the front and catch me if you can

Dorette in the 6.10 at Toxxy - 20/1 tops, EW shot

This mare does frustrate me as she hasn't quite got back to the form of where she was due to win over this CD but for falling at the last - and the race worked out really well too. She has however ran better with each run this season, and she would have finished closer to Ali The Hunter on the latest start but for a bad mistake 2 out - a horse who is 2nd fav in here, and holds a good looking chance.

Perhaps returning here again can see that form reversed, but regardless, I think she's got a much better chance than most of the others in the race and looks a good EW alternative. Although I do think she needs the race to collapse in order to pick the pieces up, so hopefully there is some pace.

Last edited:

This mare does frustrate me as she hasn't quite got back to the form of where she was due to win over this CD but for falling at the last - and the race worked out really well too. She has however ran better with each run this season, and she would have finished closer to Ali The Hunter on the latest start but for a bad mistake 2 out - a horse who is 2nd fav in here, and holds a good looking chance.

Perhaps returning here again can see that form reversed, but regardless, I think she's got a much better chance than most of the others in the race and looks a good EW alternative. Although I do think she needs the race to collapse in order to pick the pieces up, so hopefully there is some pace.
'We' backed it Nov 2020 at Mus.

I have spent too long looking at the 8.10, it is a really hard looking race.

Early support for Top Of The Rocks - who is a great looking switcher, although it's quite a long lay off, so you just don't know how much ability is still there.

Jewelinthename is another early mover, which is a lot more interesting now upped in trip for the first time. I wish I knew what had happened to her in the betting when being pulled out at Strat, maybe she was pulled out early before even being backed. She can't get any lower in the handicap now, and these types are always more interesting off a break - so I'm interesting to see what she does in the market tomorrow, still 25 tops, but as low as 12s.

Dubheen really should be winning off this mark based on his Irish, but looks like he was a bleeder when joining the good doctor - who it's really hard to find a horse he doesn't improve with. 16f has just been far too sharp for the horse on his last two starts, but he really could have finished a lot closer last time. Dropped 2lb, and now the 7lb claimer is on, if the jock is worth his salt, then this has to be going close tomorrow.

Coolnacritta could easily win again, but he was quite keen, so I wonder how he will see out this extra half mile.

Sue Be It is another for money, but I just don't see it staying this far, and I suspect the fact that Hughes is booked who is 2 from 2 on the horse is behind the move.

Ive looked at this race for an ew angle and found it tough, the nearest i got was Special Brute who has not had many chances, the trainer is in good form at the moment and had the 2nd behind the favourite on Saturday. I watched that race and couldn't believe how Coolnacritta won tanking along all the through the race,if there is any money for SB i may play if not good luck if you decide to .

I have also had a smaller bet on Shanandoa at 20s+, another who I really think will appreciate this trip, a fair EW shot too.

Had to add Ali The Hunter to my Dorette team as their form is so closely tied together. Only 6/1 top with the books, but has been 7/1+ for most of the day.

Slightly awkward head carriage perhaps why, but I still thought she set the standard here.

I did think about laying Our Rockstar when it went in to 5/2 with the books yest, and playing again in running as she takes a bit of winding up - I could still do it now I guess, but knowing my luck she will travel like a dream and win 😆

You're just unbelievable:drinks:

Back