• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Tomorrow Done Today

St Lawrence Gap in the 1.05 for me at Taunton tomorrow - 11s tops

Was solid around the 120s when in Ireland, which is at least 125 over here, but he's been largely disappointing in the main, whether that's by design, or he's not much good, who knows.

But I do like his run with the tongue tie and blinkers on, something he seemed to respond to well with when in Ireland, and we've only seen that once over here when running off 116 over 24f. He ran OK for a long way, but just not quite good enough.

Now down to 93 with the claim, his first time in a 0-100, with the tongue tie/blinkers combo added again - he could be very well handicapped
Won Perth 4-00pm yesterday @ 11/1....I bet it @ 20's. Didn't know it had won until I opened my BET365 account and thought...why have I got so much money !

Toxxy 5.45 Between The Waters 14/1 general

This one, like a few from the yard, seemed to struggle last summer, but it looks like the stable have finally turned the corner (4 from 11 these past 2 weeks - 36% SR), and he's now 11lb lower than his last winning mark, he also won first time out in that season off a 5lb higher mark.

So at the prices, although speculative, enough reason to give it a go.

Might give other one a go, we'll see.

Toxxy 5.45 Between The Waters 14/1 general

This one, like a few from the yard, seemed to struggle last summer, but it looks like the stable have finally turned the corner (4 from 11 these past 2 weeks - 36% SR), and he's now 11lb lower than his last winning mark, he also won first time out in that season off a 5lb higher mark.

So at the prices, although speculative, enough reason to give it a go.

Might give other one a go, we'll see.
Interestingly ....Larcadio, whom you tipped last time out, runs in the same race.

I thought Buckskin would be worth a go in the 5.25 at Hereford tomorrow, but it's taken 10 mins to half in price from the 25s, so is 12/1 worth it, I'm not sure, but I would play at 14s if it drifted out

He's making his handicap debut off just 74 here, the basement mark, and although the bare form of his novice hurdles is nothing to shout about, he recorded three 96 RPRs in his bumper runs, suggesting that he's not devoid of ability.

He jumped novicey on his first two starts, but he was a lot more professional at Catterick on his last start, and he certainly wasn't given a hard time. I would also say that his best bumper run when a 3l third was here at Hereford, so horses for courses and all that. I should add that was on good ground too, and this is the first time he'll get better ground over hurdles, so he is a very interesting runner.
Runs tomorrow 4-35pm Bangor

I wanted to do Larcadio, but the price is just so disappointing - might try do it running at 9/1+.

As for Buckskin, not sure why he's down in trip, looked run off his feet last time. Moreover, will he handle the ground? The stable are doing better now, and I see the books have cut him, so who knows.

I wanted to do Larcadio, but the price is just so disappointing - might try do it running at 9/1+.

As for Buckskin, not sure why he's down in trip, looked run off his feet last time. Moreover, will he handle the ground? The stable are doing better now, and I see the books have cut him, so who knows.
Boy....They are hammering Buckskin....4/1 BET365

Buckskin obviously showing a lot at home as no major drift but 1st horse to come under pressure. Pulled up
Between the waters a major drifter and under pressure a long way out. Stayed on to finish 4th.

Hexham 7.35 Farlam King 20s tops

This 8 year old gelding may just be too useless to win, but his last two efforts over this CD, which were both on soft and heavy (like this race will be), were two really good runs. The first was in a novice chase where he had absolutely no chance at the weights, as he was off levels with a 130 winner, but he still managed to beat three other 127+ rated beasts.

He then ran a solid 3rd off 79, but had no chance of beating Overworkedunderpaid, who was only rated 98 and is now 120 rated.

The selection struggled in two subsequent runs on very different tracks, on ground much quicker, so I think it's easy to forgive. The stable have also come back in to form since he last run, and it's hard to pick many bad performances in the past two weeks.

Now running off just 65 with the 7lb claim, he's got too much in his favour to be the rag in this race.

20/1 into 11/2.....Kiss of death before the race from Chocolate Thornton....Said the horse is a 'Slick' Jumper well....there was only ...I think 6-8 fences instead of double that normally.
Secondly...The horse took a heavy knock at the first fence and his jumping went AWOL after that. Pulled up or finished last if he finished. In the alerts for next time.
Sadly I had doubled Farlam with a 12/1 winner + a 7/1 winner so cost me a lotta dosh but....That's racing and I had nice bets on the 2 singles.
Keep um coming Ryan.

Could have gone with the straight "Why No" Ryan :D lot simpler, like all good comedy. We take the rough with the smooth as Jon Inman used to say.

Gone for two in the Ludlow 1.15 whoops

Ranco 7/1

This 4 year old colt was a little disappointing in his 3 novice runs over hurdles during a juvenile campaign, although he was the second best horse on his last start, and had no chance of beating the winner who turned out to be a solid enough 140 horse.

His finishing effort has been better since being fitted with the visor on the flat, winning nicely at Windsor, and given he's 77 rated horse on the flat, and gets to run off just 92 here with some 4 year old allowance (You expect a horse to be at least 30lb better over jumps on the ratings), then he should find this his best chance of winning a race over hurdles.

Rathnure Ranger 16/1

This 7 year old gelding just looks a good ew proposition at the prices, as we saw a completely different animal when trying to make all last time, where he was only collared late on.

I think the stable coming back in to good form also helped, as they had five months of no winners, and then four in April alone (25%). He's off the same mark, and I think he's worth a go at such a big price, as he could slip the field if things go his way, with some low in running lays if unable to do EW.

Last edited:
If the form was to be believed then it would be about 30lb well in, but that's not been missed in the early pricing this time (it was actually 20/1 early doors at Perth). This looks a deeper race too, so not sure how great 9/2 is.

With Ranco out due to the softer ground, I've put a bit on Khanisari (10/1 tops)

A horse who can't seem to jump hurdles or fences without some bad mistakes, but I feel better about him back over hurdles with first time blinkers. He's 10lb lower than his last run over them, and 6lb lower than his good second at Ffos Las, on ground that wouldn't be too dissimilar to today, which might inconvenience a few of the main protagonists, Rathnure included.

Rathnure Ranger 16/1

This 7 year old gelding just looks a good ew proposition at the prices, as we saw a completely different animal when trying to make all last time, where he was only collared late on.

I think the stable coming back in to good form also helped, as they had five months of no winners, and then four in April alone (25%). He's off the same mark, and I think he's worth a go at such a big price, as he could slip the field if things go his way, with some low in running lays if unable to do EW.
Very well done Ryan :) .

Back