• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Tomorrow Done Today

I thought Buckskin would be worth a go in the 5.25 at Hereford tomorrow, but it's taken 10 mins to half in price from the 25s, so is 12/1 worth it, I'm not sure, but I would play at 14s if it drifted out

He's making his handicap debut off just 74 here, the basement mark, and although the bare form of his novice hurdles is nothing to shout about, he recorded three 96 RPRs in his bumper runs, suggesting that he's not devoid of ability.

He jumped novicey on his first two starts, but he was a lot more professional at Catterick on his last start, and he certainly wasn't given a hard time. I would also say that his best bumper run when a 3l third was here at Hereford, so horses for courses and all that. I should add that was on good ground too, and this is the first time he'll get better ground over hurdles, so he is a very interesting runner.

Stratford 4.25 Zero To Hero 7/1

I’m a bit surprised they’ve not put this switcher from Leech to Skelton as favourite, as he does so well with other yard’s horses, and this 6 year old mare showed some fair enough form this season, running a good 11l 3rd to Airgead Suas, who won again next time, and a solid 8l 3rd behind Dame Du soir, who ran a good third in a class 2 next time. Yet they’ve put Dan Gun in the following race as 5/2 favourite, and he’s looked in a lot worse form.

The last run doesn’t look good, but it’s easy to excuse a poor run on heavy ground, and the previous stable have struggled this season with only one winner from 41 runners, so more solace can be taken in the fact that this mare hasn’t been a million miles away.

There is no doubt in my mind that Skelton can improve this horse, and with Harry only 6 winners behind in the jockey’s championship, they haven’t got any time to be messing around with their runners, so the selection is 6lb lower than the Exeter third, and any natural improvement then she has to be going very close here.

Last edited:
Fontwell 4.10 If Karl’s Berg Did 18s, I've had to play at 16s

This 6 year old gelding was set to go very close back in November at Ludlow but for a terrible mistake at the last hurdle. It’s hard to know if he definitely would have won, but it was certainly going to be close. The horse that won the race was narrowly denied since, and is now 8lb higher, but the selection is now 2lb lower after running down the field on his comeback run over an inadequate test of 16f, at one of the sharpest tracks in the country, Fakenham.

The fact that he was set to go so close over 21f, and that he was running over 16f on his comeback, suggests to me that it was just a pipe opener. Now back up in trip to 22f, and at a course where he had his best novice hurdle run, I think we will see him being a lot more competitive.

Stratford 4.25 Zero To Hero 7/1

I’m a bit surprised they’ve not put this switcher from Leech to Skelton as favourite, as he does so well with other yard’s horses, and this 6 year old mare showed some fair enough form this season, running a good 11l 3rd to Airgead Suas, who won again next time, and a solid 8l 3rd behind Dame Du soir, who ran a good third in a class 2 next time. Yet they’ve put Dan Gun in the following race as 5/2 favourite, and he’s looked in a lot worse form.

The last run doesn’t look good, but it’s easy to excuse a poor run on heavy ground, and the previous stable have struggled this season with only one winner from 41 runners, so more solace can be taken in the fact that this mare hasn’t been a million miles away.

There is no doubt in my mind that Skelton can improve this horse, and with Harry only 6 winners behind in the jockey’s championship, they haven’t got any time to be messing around with their runners, so the selection is 6lb lower than the Exeter third, and any natural improvement then she has to be going very close here.
GL Ryan, I was told yesterday that Rockstar is only there for a schooling session

The person in question is involved in a syndicate for the horse and has landed a couple of touches on it so I would be surprised if it ran well.

Had a little on Definite Winner in there as well, around 25s, nice mark, returned to better ground, could be in the shake up
Nice 2nd for those that got on at 25's ew.

Edit: Although there may have been a 25p R4 if the 25's was before the Fav was withdrawn last night (now you know I wasn't one of those on at 25's else I'd be seeing or not seeing the R4 deduction in my returns).

Last edited:
Fair to say it was a bit annoying.

There is a lot of racing on now, but either the fields are too small, or it's just not competitive enough - I'm never happy 😆

There is a lot of racing on now, but either the fields are too small, or it's just not competitive enough - I'm never happy 😆
Me too although my version would be " Seldom " but this mind set can be a positive as it helps prevent complacency.

Last edited:
It's nice to be able to put something up where the price hasn't crashed in without a tenner on, let's see how long it lasts.

Newt 2.30 Floy Joy 9/1

This 5 year old gelding has some nice looking form in novice and jumper bumper company to think that an opening mark of 103 is very workable.

He was one of the few horses to give Dobryn a race at Plumpton, who he gave 5lb to, and that horse bolted up off 125 the other day.

He also had several 115+ rated beasts behind him when winning a jumpers bumper the following race.

He only finished 5th last time, but it was his third qualifying run for a handicap mark, and he really wasn’t given a hard time.

Although the Tizzard stable aren’t banging in the winners, the horses in the whole look to be running better. He’s faced some impossible tasks in novice company, but he should find running in a 0-105 much easier

One for tomorrow, who I think has a better chance than most of the field, yet is priced like a rag

Taunton 2.30 Freedom Chimes 22/1

This 7 year old gelding ran well for a long way when last seen, jumping well from the front, but looking to go for home a bit too soon.

The ground was good to soft, with the selection only weakening late on, finishing a 15l 6th. The winner was only narrowly denied off a 7lb penalty next time, and FC gets to run off an 8lb lower mark here as he was out of the weights last time.

The stable appear to be hitting a purple patch, and hopefully he can last home a little longer on the forecast quicker ground, as there looks to be some good to firm in places.

I know his lifelong form isn't pretty, but last time was the first time that he was sent on from the front, and he looked a lot happier.

Motdepas at 9s in there too

Ran well here latest over 19f, just not seeing it out. Down to 16f here, I think it’s the best form on offer, so worth a go at the prices

Chepstow 1.35 Mighty Meg 20s tops

This 7 year old mare was quite the eyecatcher on her handicap debut two runs ago, back in August, when finishing 14l 6th. The stewards had a word, but the response was that the mare was an anxious type and needed to be ridden from the rear, and wanted a step up in trip, at a more galloping course..

Yet when she made her seasonal debut after having the winter off, they ran her at the minimum distance at one of the sharpest tracks. She was always towards the rear without making any inroads, with the betting seeming to know that given her SP of 25/1.

There has been a bit of early money for her tomorrow (365 cut within 20 mins of pricing at 16s), and now she steps up in trip for the first time to 19.5f at a much stiffer course. Murphy, in his blog, seems to think she should be competitive off this mark of 90 (87 with the claim).

GL Ryan, I was told yesterday that Rockstar is only there for a schooling session
Chepstow 1.35 Mighty Meg 20s tops

This 7 year old mare was quite the eyecatcher on her handicap debut two runs ago, back in August, when finishing 14l 6th. The stewards had a word, but the response was that the mare was an anxious type and needed to be ridden from the rear, and wanted a step up in trip, at a more galloping course..

Yet when she made her seasonal debut after having the winter off, they ran her at the minimum distance at one of the sharpest tracks. She was always towards the rear without making any inroads, with the betting seeming to know that given her SP of 25/1.

There has been a bit of early money for her tomorrow (365 cut within 20 mins of pricing at 16s), and now she steps up in trip for the first time to 19.5f at a much stiffer course. Murphy, in his blog, seems to think she should be competitive off this mark of 90 (87 with the claim).
Hero to Zero runs today Ryan in the 3-45pm Southwell

Back