• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

TomasZ’s way

Good luck TomasZ TomasZ . Jackson Hill was a possible bet for me, I think it has a good chance but decided to leave it. The price drop is due to the original favourite being a non runner, so I would imagine there would be a big Rule 4 deduction on the early price.

There has been some really good advice offered by MartinK MartinK and greyabbey newcomer about staking and losing runs. No matter how good anyone is at picking winners, they will hit a losing run at some time so your staking percentage has to be right so that your bank will be able to withstand the losing runs when they happen. Betting 10% or even 5% of your bank at these prices is way too high, I would advise 1% to 2% at most. The reason to use points instead of real money figures is it makes easier to compare, for example someone with a bank of £10000, 1% is equal to £100 and is not a big bet, but from a bank of £1000, £100 is a huge bet at 10% of the bank and a very risky strategy.
Hi F Frontrunner

Thank you for your message. I saw your post this morning and to be honest I was about to change my mind about Jackson Hill as it was really good info that you have provided.
I left it in the end as it was. Haven't seen the race but a bit disappointed from 3rd place. Must be the extra weight he was carry. Well done to you for wise decision !!
Also thanks for percentage stuff explanation. MartinK MartinK and greyabbey newcomer cheers guys too! I have decided that whenever I drop my bank below half I will do some changes! For sure I will be in touch !

Bank: £585
16.30 Normandy Soldier Win@7.00
Stake: £50

18.45 Galeophobia Win@7.00
Stake: £50

Last edited:
Back