• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Today's All Weather Racing

Dave

Colt
Thanks, I’m pleased to get off to good start wasn’t expecting the forecast but it’s a nice bonus. Hopefully, Qaaraat lands the 7:30 to round off the day.
Wasn’t to be tonight for Qaaraat. Well positioned but didn’t have the pace to go with the favourite and winner. Soon dropped through the field once beaten.

Dave

Colt
I have one bet going this evening in the Kempton 19:15 listed race over 1m.
My selection is Stormy Antarctic.
This looks a competitive race and it is interesting to see Kenzai Warrior now as the favourite which is probably due to having fairly recent winning form over C&D . I believe that Stormy Antarctic is the most solid option in the race. He has past experience at Kempton having finished 2nd over 1M2F back in March. LTO he ran a very good race finishing 2nd at Newmarket over 1M in a listed race losing to the impressive Zakouski. He has previously won at this class level and he has the stamina at the business end. I appreciate he is no spring chicken and there are others who are open to further improvement but for me he has a lot of ticks in the right boxes. I think the 3/1 or bigger on offer is good value. Good luck..

Last edited:

Dave

Colt
Wow I never had the winner in my reckoning but she won very well. As for my selection that was a below par effort but like my golf today. Back to the drawing board.

Dave

Colt
Yesterday, wasn't a great day at the races for me. I thought Stormy Antarctic was the most likely winner and backed him accordingly but it wasn't to be and to be fair never looked like it. I did have a small bet on Naval Commander in the 20:1. I had short listed two in this race with the most likely winner being the favourite Aced It but the odds looked more attractive for Naval Commander who I backed and then he shortened just before the start. It was won by Naval Commander on a head bob on the line from Aced It who came with a great finish. I was kicking myself that I didn't do the forecast. Still I got a bit back but was slightly down on the day.

Today, I have a few bets running at Chelmsford this evening. The first of those bets is in the 18:50 where I have backed two against the field. Invincible Larne and Reckless Endeavour they look the strongest to me and the market has it that way as well. Then in the 19:50 I backed Hathlool to win last night and I'm glad I did as he has shortened today so there is a bit of money for him. I really liked his pipe opener at Newcastle where he just got a bit tired towards the end. He's with a good stable and jockey and with shrewd owners and I can see progressing today and him all the beating. Pledge of Honour and Balgair look to be the main dangers. I was surprised to see Balgair as big as 12/1 he was LTO winner and a relentless galloper on his first attempt on the AW. This is more competitive but he has a chance, I have had a small E/W bet.

Good luck with your selections..

Dave

Colt
Reckless Endeavour finished 2nd but was well beaten and I think Invincible Larne is still running.

Thankfully my biggest bet of the day Hathlool won well and I still think we haven’t seen the best of him yet. The owners have bought some decent prospects from Shadwell. Pledge of Honour ran well finishing 4th. I thought Roman Dynasty (2nd) and Jenson Benson (3rd) ran really well and they are ones to keep an eye on in future races.

Dave

Colt
In a rush today. I’ve had a few bets last night and they are as follows:
Chelmsford 16:15 Smiling Sunflower E/W 8/1
Chelmsford 17:15 Deauville Legend E/W 10/1
Chelmsford 18:45 Sealed Offer win 4/1

Dave

Colt
In a rush today. I’ve had a few bets last night and they are as follows:
Chelmsford 16:15 Smiling Sunflower E/W 8/1
Chelmsford 17:15 Deauville Legend E/W 10/1
Chelmsford 18:45 Sealed Offer win 4/1
The reasons behind my selections

Smiling Sunflower although still maiden this filly is open to improvement as she is lightly raced. I liked the manner of her recent LTO 3rd at Kempton where she showed a good attitude and an improvement and she is race fit. She had a good speed figure and when I backed her last night I thought 8/1 was too big. She has shortened today which kind of justifies my thoughts. Not sure if the first time tongue tie will make a difference but I’m hoping it does.

Deauville Legend. The gelding has raced once where he did ok finishing 4th at Haydock and recording a decent speed figure. Interestingly he has been gelded since and that can often bring an improvement. He’s by Sea the Stars and trained by Ferguson and I’m expecting more improvement and a placed finish.

Finally SEALED OFFER is my selection in the last because she has been consistently running well for some time and she looks ready and capable of winning this. She is proven over C&D but my fear is Got No Dollars following his Kempton win.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/jockey/762

Keerching

Got a few fancies for Saturday at Wolverhampton:

Show Me A Sunset in the 4.00
This horse won over 6f a couple of runs back when rated 69. Ran at Kempton then Chelmsford over 5f but is now back at 6f and rated 71.

Grey Belle in the 5.00
Won a class 4 race before taking on a class 3 race without success. Back to class 4 could see it winning again.

Safety First in the 5.30
100,000 gns horse. On debut was backed from 9/2 in to 2/1 favourite but unable to do the business. Should know more about what's expected of it this time and I expect it to win.

Jackstar in the 7.00
Is now rated 60 but had won a class 4 when rated 79 back in 2019 at this course. Last 2 runs has carried 10-7 and 9-12, now it's down to 9-4 and could well be first home, fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone and may all your best be winners!

Keerching

Got a few fancies for Saturday at Wolverhampton:

Show Me A Sunset in the 4.00
This horse won over 6f a couple of runs back when rated 69. Ran at Kempton then Chelmsford over 5f but is now back at 6f and rated 71.

Grey Belle in the 5.00
Won a class 4 race before taking on a class 3 race without success. Back to class 4 could see it winning again.

Safety First in the 5.30
100,000 gns horse. On debut was backed from 9/2 in to 2/1 favourite but unable to do the business. Should know more about what's expected of it this time and I expect it to win.

Jackstar in the 7.00
Is now rated 60 but had won a class 4 when rated 79 back in 2019 at this course. Last 2 runs has carried 10-7 and 9-12, now it's down to 9-4 and could well be first home, fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone and may all your best be winners!
Show Me A Sunset - 4th garbage
Grey Belle - non-runner
Safety First - jockey dropped the reins!
Jackstar - yet to run, fingers crossed, if it loses I'm taking up tiddlywinks.

Dave

Colt
Kempton 13:25 - Dubai Immo looks to have a very good chance of winning this especially with his race experience. I would like to see Hollie Doyle ride him more prominently so he isn’t left too much of a task as was the case in his last race. The step up to a mile should also suit and I think he is a worthy favourite.

Wolves 17:00. Night On Earth ran a very solid race LTO when winning at Newcastle which produced a good speed figure. He is proven over C&D when just touched off on his penultimate start. It’s a small field and there should be plenty of early pace so we should get a true run race. Any repeat of his LTO performance should easily be enough to win this. The price is restricting though around evens.

Kempton 15:35 I’m backing two against the field in this race. I’m Mable’s last two races have been much improved and the racing penny has finally dropped. She battle to a well earned victory LTO over 5F when finishing off her race strongly. The step up to 6F is a bit of an unknown and she is yet to prove herself on the AW. That said she looks good enough to win this race and I believe at 4/1 or above she offers some value. My other selection in the race is Tomshalfbrother who does have form on the AW over 6F and on his day is capable of winning or being placed therefore the 10/1 E/W currently on offer is looking quite good value.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:

Dave

Colt
Kempton 13:25 - Dubai Immo was ridden exactly the way I thought best for him. Unfortunately when he hit the front he then lost a bit of focus before picking up again late on to chase the winner to the line. I really though when Hollie hit the front with him that he would go on to win. He was beaten by Havana Goldrush @ 28/1.

Kempton 15:35 - Tomshalfbrother finished 2d for the E/W pay out. I’m Mable’s finished 4th for nowt

Wolves 17:00. Night On Earth wins as expected but at the price it’s no joyful celebration but it did make me a profit inte race.

Last edited:

Dave

Colt
I have been looking at the Newcastle 17:45 over 6F. It looks to be is a competitive race with the likes of Hello Me and Oso Rapido heading the market. I personally think their prices are too short for how competitive the race looks. I agree with the market that they both have outstanding chances but I feel there are plenty in the race that could upset the apple cart. I have therefore spent time look at what I feel are the dangers in the race that have the potential to win and cause an upset. I like a number but I have settled on Kind Review who has been tumbling down the handicap and is now back to a level where if he produces his best then he will be featuring at the business end. He has won once over C&D from 8 attempts and finished in the top 4 on 5 occasions. LTO he ran at Newcastle over 5F and he ran a pretty decent race finishing 7th but less than 3 lengths away in what was a fast run race and as a result he has dropped 2lbs down in the weights. He is currently trading at 12/1 and I think he is good E/W value. Tom Eaves has a 29% win strike rate on the horse and Tracy Waggott knows how to get winners at Newcastle.

Good luck with your bets ...

Dave

Colt
Nice placer and BOG Dave;)
Thanks for the kind comments. I’m very pleased with the second place but disappointed that he never won. Hello Me looked strong on form and in the market and came home the best. I was looking for an upset but it never came today.

So Rapido and Lahore were very disappointing but Tipperary Tiger is one to take out of this. He’s a 3 year old out of Mayson who was stepping up in class and ran very well. I would have loved to have seen him run at Southwell on the Fibresand being out of Mayson I’m sure he would have loved the surface. Certainly one to watch in future AW raced as he looks to be improving but especially watch him over 7f on the Soft.