• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Today's All Weather Racing

ArkRoyal ArkRoyal could you please fix it so that i can ignore myself ? I do not wish this to be permanent or random, but only selectively on the (many) occasions when i have posted what transpires to be a loser. Your help in this matter will be much appreciated. :)

I don't know if this is the right place, but it is in chat and all weather. It will finish last of five I am sure as its 100/1 outsider of five, but in the 4.30 the last time Appleby had jane Elliot riding for him she came second on a 66/1.

T tacker

The going at Southwell today was at it slowest it has ever been -0.21s/f (standard to slow), this might be the contributing factor to why 13yo Alpha Tauri was able to win, what a great result for connections.

Ref 2:45:
MOONRAKER, behind Midnight Malibu and Foolaad when last seen, hugely reversed that form with an impressive success. He's clearly in great form and connections felt the deeper surface helped him.

Ornate kept on going down the middle of the track to claim a well-held second. He probably ran somewhere close to his best. The vet reported that the gelding lost his left fore shoe.

View attachment 69634

Mike.
Thank you mike, much appreciated.

Hi Mike, I’ve got 2 horses come up in my tracker for tomorrow @ Chelmsford 14:00. Don’t do it and Affluence. I just wanted to get your view on this race based on your figures and knowledge.

Chelmsford.png

Looking at the figures Steel Helmet is +5 over his OR

I shall be routing for Outlaw Torn currently at 33/1, if he was suddenly to return to form he would blitz these.

Mike.

Last edited:
View attachment 69662

I shall be routing for Outlaw Torn currently at 33/1, if he was suddenly to return to form he would blitz these.

Mike.
Morning Mike TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother , thanks for the info and it would be really nice to see the old timer Outlaw Torn come back into form. It hasn't looked like it of late but you never know.

Looking at your figures you have the top 3 horses all with higher CLASS/SF figures than their OR, does that mean that these Horses based on your figures are well handicapped?

ORNATE was beaten a long way yesterday and did the 5f over 3s slower than when beating CROSS FIRE 13 jan.
I only mention this to highlight the problem in trying to read the form without understanding fully what the surface is offering, this was also highlighted at chelmsford recently with JOEGOGO. We can study form all we want and try and make sense of it but until this awkward anomaly is sorted out i think we will struggle........AS IF WE WERE'NT ALREADY.

ORNATE was beaten a long way yesterday and did the 5f over 3s slower than when beating CROSS FIRE 13 jan.
I only mention this to highlight the problem in trying to read the form without understanding fully what the surface is offering, this was also highlighted at chelmsford recently with JOEGOGO. We can study form all we want and try and make sense of it but until this awkward anomaly is sorted out i think we will struggle........AS IF WE WERE'NT ALREADY.
Thanks T tacker I was amazed really at how easily Ornate was beaten but the surface was certainly running very slow as confirmed by TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother I take nothing away from the winner though...

Newcastle 17:15

This is an interesting 6 runner race which looks fairly competitive and most of them look to have claims. However, it is GREY DESTINY who stands out for me only losing by a neck at Wolves LTO whilst bidding for a hat-rick. He will be racing off the same mark today. His last 3 speed figures indicate that he has improved for each of those runs. We know he is race fit and the trainer is in form have 2/15 wins in the last 14 days. The Jockey has ridden this horse on a number of occasions and has won on him. The Jockey stats aren't great but Cam Hardie did ride him on his 2 latest wins. A claimer rode LTO so it could be argued that the horse is carrying an extra 7Lbs today. The C&D record is a worry as the horse is 0/8.

Bobby Joe Leg has been running very well of late and has recorded some decent progressive speed figures. He is 0/2 over C&D but on both occasions finished a good 2nd. He also remains on the same mark and James Sullivan takes over the ride which I think is a positive but he is out of form. Ruth Carr's form isn't great of late either and she hasn't had a winner for 24 runs. He is the one most likely to win if Grey Destiny doesn't take the honours.

Both are trading at around 3/1 which isn't too bad.

I have had win bets on both and R/F

Good luck with your selections and let me know your thoughts.

If anyone could post @horseplayers speed figs and pace for this race I'd be interested to see how they equate to the inform ratings unfortunately I don't have access to them.

Cheers Dave

Last edited:
Dave Dave I have no worthwhile thoughts on the race, but Re Cam Hardie i never rated him as an apprentice but feel he has matured into a good senior and seldom feel unhappy these days when he is on top of one i wish to back.
Hi mick mick I'm not his greatest fan but he appears to get on with this horse of late. At Newcastle in particular I really like Callum Rodriguez as a jockey. He seems to get a good tune out of his rides and he does well at this track. It think has a fair chance with Peashooter in the 17:45, the horse is 2/5 C&D and we know he is in good form. This is such a hard race though as there are a number that could win this and it might just be that the best Jockey on the day gets the win. Another very good Jockey at this course is Josephine Gordon.

Dave Dave

I just took a look at the Newcastle's 17:15.

This is framed as a class 5 handicap, looking at the weight's of Bobby Joe Leg and Grey Destiny, they both appear to have gone up in class by 10lbs which I thought was odd until I looked at Gentleman, who in 2017 was running off OR of 96 in class 2 races.

Gentleman has the back speed figures and class to win this race.

Mike.

Last edited:
Dave Dave

I just took a look at the Newcastle's 17:15.

This is framed as a class 5 handicap, looking at the weight's of Bobby Joe Leg and Grey Destiny, they both appear to have gone up in class by 10lbs which I thought was odd until I looked at Gentleman, who in 2017 was running of an OR of 96 in class 2 races.

Gentleman has the back speed figures and class to win this race.
View attachment 69754

Mike.
Hi Mike TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother I have also had a good look at Gentleman and I totally agree that in the past he has the figures and the class to win this. However, his recent form hasn't been great although he has raced in higher class than this. He is proven over 7F but not at the course. As just mentioned I really like Josephine Gordon at this track and feel if he is still capable of reproducing anything like what he achieved in 2017 then he would most probably win this, it is just the question of his form and whether he is still capable especially as he is carrying the most weight and the others are running off featherweights.

Hi Dave Dave my own ratings fully agree with you about Grey Destiny. Not sure why he has been so weak in the market which has to be a concern also his record at Newcastle isn't great with 0 wins from 15 starts Interesting to note there has been some money for Gentlemen with TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother above comments cant help but feel this may not be the day for Grey Destiny.

Hi Dave Dave my own ratings fully agree with you about Grey Destiny. Not sure why he has been so weak in the market which has to be a concern also his record at Newcastle isn't great with 0 wins from 15 starts Interesting to note there has been some money for Gentlemen with TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother above comments cant help but feel this may not be the day for Grey Destiny.
The market isn't looking great for Grey Destiny as he is weakening and just about everything else is shortening. The course record isn't great but the horse has been improving in his last 3 races. I guess we are just going to have to wait and see what happens.

Its a shame because to begin with I saw Grey Destiny as a potential good thing and with his recent good form he has been in he may well prove to be good value now he has drifted. But as stated by VDW ratings are just a guide and taking into account his course form I was put off, everything doesn't quite line up as I would wish. If you have backed him good luck and to boost my ratings I would love to see him go on to win well today.

Back