• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Tipping Competition Rules - Updated

It has been 4 years since the original rules were posted and several changes have been made and questions asked throughout the thread since then so I thought it would be a good idea to have them all in one place for easier viewing,
so here are the 'rules' as I apply them when updating the table.
Competition Guide, Rules and General Information
Each month you are allotted 60pts.
You can bet on any sporting event where odds(and results) are widely available. Eg. horses, football, tennis, golf etc

Each day someone will post up a new thread titled "Tipping Competition Selections" for that day in particular, just add your selections and then update the result after the event with profit or loss. The first person to post starts the days thread so if no thread for the day has been started at the time you want to post please start one.

No daily limit but no single 'bet, event, or selection' can involve the use of more than 5pts'
At the end of the month any unused points will be deducted from Profit/loss
Singles or multiples allowed
All non racing bets should state the price available at time of posting and source of that price.
Horse Racing:
UK and Ireland.
Other major world tracks/races can be used only if listed on Racing Post/cards. Result must be confirmed on the day the selection is made.

Early prices can be taken but again price and source should be stated and should be the price available at the time of posting
BOG is allowed if stated at the time of posting
Betfair is allowed if stated at the time of posting

All other bets will be settled to ISP

Place part of any e/w bet settled at 1/4 odds
No rule 4 or Betfair reduction factor will be applied in the event of late withdrawals
A quoted early price is settled at that price, including Betfair
BOG settled at best odds
BFsp settled at BFsp
All other bets with no instructions settled at SP

No special markets, eg Betfair extra/less places, bookmakers special offers etc

Betfair may be win, place or multiples
5% should be deducted from profit
On multiples 5% should be deducted at each stage

I think that's everything

It helps(life permitting) if everyone could update the days profit/loss at the end of the day

dave58 dave58 ArkRoyal ArkRoyal could you please make this a sticky, thanks

In line with recent changes at Betfair I think the following amendment should be applied.

Betfair may be win, place or multiples
5% should be deducted from profit
On multiples 5% should be deducted at each stage

5% deductions replaced with 2% reductions

With effect from the beginning of this month if that's all ok with our sponsor. dave58 dave58

Back