• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

This Punting Life

Loser today
6 bets
2 winners
+7pts

Ling 2.05 Al Rufaa - first the negatives, not won at course or over distance and seems best coming off a shorter break between races. Now the reasons for backing him, he has won going left handed and on the poly track and has won off a higher mark carrying bigger weights. There are plenty in this race who race prominently so the pace is likely to be strong so the race may be set up for a closer like the selection

Ling 3.50 Bosh - no course form to speak of but has won on poly track going left handed. Has shown he can carry this kind of weight and his form is there for all to see, the only doubt I have is the Irish runner

Wolv 7.30 Thapa VC solid course form and just below its last winning mark. Jockey does not ride for this stable very often 1 winner from 3 rides, may be something there, maybe not but in an open race the 11-1 on offer make this a bet for me.

Drifted like a barge I had a bit more on when it hit 25-1 on betfair but should have known better.

10 bets
3 winners
+7.5pts

Wolv 8.00 Snooze Lane between 8-10f, class 6 at this track suits him, running off the same mark as his decent 3rd LTO

Wolv 8.30 Locked N Loaded 21 runs since last win, decent 2 year old campaign resulted in an OR of 80, didn’t win at 3 and then was sold to race in France where he won a couple of times, current trainer has had him for over a year now and has got his mark down to 53 and has won off a quick turn around previously

Will take a first and second for the day

12 bets
4 winners
+10.5pts

Nothing for tomorrow, tried to make a case for Arthur’s Realm in the 4.05 at Lingfield based on his Lincoln run but on closer investigation he has run well at that meeting previously before turning up on the AW and not performing.

Newc 3.20 High Opinion trainer thinks this one will go on again and pick a couple of races this year. Comes here off a 74 day absence and that is the only thing that concerns me. C&D winner off a higher mark

Lost today
13 bets
4 winners
+9.5pts

2 selections which I found a little too easily which is always a bit of a worry

Thir 5.45 Highland Viking soft ground winner who stays the trip and is well drawn. Probably needed comeback run and blinkers on today to sharpen him up

South 6.30 Percy Willis course winner who has good recent form, jockey booking is very interesting

Would have been a very nice pick up but can’t complain

15 bets

5 winners

+16.5pts

Ling 2.22 Kondratiev Wave doesn’t win very often and is on a 21 run losing streak. Stable has started the season quite well and a good 2nd LTO

No good today
17 bets
5 winners
+14.5pts

South 5.30 Turbo Command cannot see why Saisons Dor is favourite here. Solid course form, form from latest run looks solid with a winner coming out of that race already, cheekpieces back on, looks a solid 7F performer with a liking for tapeta. Jockey has a good record on him, stable in good form.

Loser today
18 bets
5 winners
+13.5pts

Wolv 8.10 Lord Torranaga Course winner. Cheekpieces on for 1st time will hopefully bring some kind of upturn in form and back from a break that may have freshened him up. Drop back in trip will hold no fears.

Yarm 7.00 Blue Collar Lad key here will be how he is ridden as he was asked too much too early LTO. Stable ticking along nicely and has won off this mark previousl.

Back