• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

The Story So Far

Hello All I'm new and looking forward to swapping some good thoughts
I'm an avid speed man and constantly on the look out for different ways of using speed figure
Robert

I am quite new and it is worthy to read all the story behind. Nothing seems to be perfect but it is good to know you made your best to continue with business.

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain

But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm jumping Jack flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess that's my way of introducing myself,Looking forward to contributing

I seem to have been a member here for longer than I care to remember - alas! as I think I have been a sitting member only. Would like to try and make amends by attempting to contribute on a regular basis, perhaps also by way of The Inner Sanctum. How does one gain admittance to this AR? Does it become available at your discretion. Thanks.:happy-wavemulticolor:

Hi Delboy99 Delboy99, you actually gain admittance to the IS by contributing on a regular basis, so please carry on.
It's not based on expertise, experience or knowledge, it's a bit more ephemeral than that, basically it's whether you appear to fit in with us motley crew.

In October 2012 there was a major upheaval between the two owners at UKBT and there were concerns that UKBT could disappear from the net.
UKBT was definitely THE betting website but in recent times, due mainly to greed, it had lost its direction and was no longer the place it once was.

Myself, Bob and Dave had become more and more disillusioned with what was happening and when members started to voice their fears decided to start The UK Betting Forum (TUBF).
Initially it was envisaged that TUBF would be a ready made bolthole should UKBT be pulled. We started as an invite only forum running on ProBoards as they offered a free forum and hosting.
A core group of members who had voiced similar concerns to us were invited and these members invited others that they respected.
Our hope was that every member would take an active part on the forum by joining in the discussions but this wasn't to be and a minority were happy to read everything but rarely posted.
We therefore took the decision to have an Inner Sanctum, which was an area of the forum that was only available to those members that were contributing and in fact this included the vast majority of members.

For the first 3 months everything went great, TUBF was buzzing and seemed to be a little oasis of calm away from the storms at UKBT.
Then on December 27 2012 we got notification from ProBoards that they were shutting us down. Why? Well their terms of service do not allow gambling based sites so they were within their rights to do so. But there are many many other gambling forums on ProBoards out there still running! In all likelihood 'someone' probably complained to ProBoards and they had no alternative but to pull the plug.

Panic ensued, we only had 7 days to find a new home!
I had already registered http://www.theukbettingforum.co.uk previously but had no idea where to host it. Step forward Scruffula who offered us free use of his hosting service - top man Scruff.
ProBoards do not offer anyway to transfer the content from their forums, so we had to copy and paste individual posts from the old forum to here, step forward Bob who was a star in sorting out the Inner Sanctum.

When we were on Proboards we were almost invisible to the likes of Google but after moving we were suddenly popping up on search engines and we realised that we would start to have new members joining that we did not know.
We felt as a community that this would not be a bad thing as all forums need 'new blood' and ideas but it strengthend our resolve to keep the Inner Sanctum. I then tried contacting a number of posters who used to be very active on UKBT but had not been posting in recent times in the hope that they may decide that this is a forum they would like to post on and I am pleased to say that some have signed up.

This brings us pretty much up to date and in closing I would like to welcome any new members reading this and thank the existing members for making this forum what it is.

All the Best
AR
never seen this before tonight

Seriously? That long ago? Blimey.
Happy memories of the old place until my inbox started to get filled up with all sorts of random tipster crap.

That being said , not a patch on this place with the help, guidance, advice and knowledge around. And that’s without access to the blog. I don’t have access, and I'm pretty comfortable with the fact that unless by divine guidance I’m unlikely to gain access, and I understand why. People worry too much that they’re missing out. I have a rough idea who’s in there, and as far as I can see they all participate across all areas of the forum, some more than others obviously.

There’s plenty to learn in both the Inner and Outer Sanctum , and plenty of people willing to offer guidance. For those who carp about restricted access I would say that people are perfectly entitled to protect their knowledge as much of it is hard and expensively earned.

If you’re here for the right reasons you’ll be welcomed. If you’re not, or you’re an “abrasive” character , the exit , or possibly the ban hammer beckons.......:violence-rocket:

Seriously? That long ago? Blimey.
Happy memories of the old place until my inbox started to get filled up with all sorts of random tipster crap.

That being said , not a patch on this place with the help, guidance, advice and knowledge around. And that’s without access to the blog. I don’t have access, and I'm pretty comfortable with the fact that unless by divine guidance I’m unlikely to gain access, and I understand why. People worry too much that they’re missing out. I have a rough idea who’s in there, and as far as I can see they all participate across all areas of the forum, some more than others obviously.

There’s plenty to learn in both the Inner and Outer Sanctum , and plenty of people willing to offer guidance. For those who carp about restricted access I would say that people are perfectly entitled to protect their knowledge as much of it is hard and expensively earned.

If you’re here for the right reasons you’ll be welcomed. If you’re not, or you’re an “abrasive” character , the exit , or possibly the ban hammer beckons.......:violence-rocket:

Rest assured I am here for the right reasons - I'm interested in all!
Quite interested in getting deeper into trading but lacking some confidence. I do run Autopilot from Steve Davidson's stable with some success.
Who are all the trading expert's hanging out here? :D

In October 2012 there was a major upheaval between the two owners at UKBT and there were concerns that UKBT could disappear from the net.
UKBT was definitely THE betting website but in recent times, due mainly to greed, it had lost its direction and was no longer the place it once was.

Myself, Bob and Dave had become more and more disillusioned with what was happening and when members started to voice their fears decided to start The UK Betting Forum (TUBF).
Initially it was envisaged that TUBF would be a ready made bolthole should UKBT be pulled. We started as an invite only forum running on ProBoards as they offered a free forum and hosting.
A core group of members who had voiced similar concerns to us were invited and these members invited others that they respected.
Our hope was that every member would take an active part on the forum by joining in the discussions but this wasn't to be and a minority were happy to read everything but rarely posted.
We therefore took the decision to have an Inner Sanctum, which was an area of the forum that was only available to those members that were contributing and in fact this included the vast majority of members.

For the first 3 months everything went great, TUBF was buzzing and seemed to be a little oasis of calm away from the storms at UKBT.
Then on December 27 2012 we got notification from ProBoards that they were shutting us down. Why? Well their terms of service do not allow gambling based sites so they were within their rights to do so. But there are many many other gambling forums on ProBoards out there still running! In all likelihood 'someone' probably complained to ProBoards and they had no alternative but to pull the plug.

Panic ensued, we only had 7 days to find a new home!
I had already registered The UK Betting Forum previously but had no idea where to host it. Step forward Scruffula who offered us free use of his hosting service - top man Scruff.
ProBoards do not offer anyway to transfer the content from their forums, so we had to copy and paste individual posts from the old forum to here, step forward Bob who was a star in sorting out the Inner Sanctum.

When we were on Proboards we were almost invisible to the likes of Google but after moving we were suddenly popping up on search engines and we realised that we would start to have new members joining that we did not know.
We felt as a community that this would not be a bad thing as all forums need 'new blood' and ideas but it strengthend our resolve to keep the Inner Sanctum. I then tried contacting a number of posters who used to be very active on UKBT but had not been posting in recent times in the hope that they may decide that this is a forum they would like to post on and I am pleased to say that some have signed up.

This brings us pretty much up to date and in closing I would like to welcome any new members reading this and thank the existing members for making this forum what it is.

All the Best
AR
Still relevant thank you the three muskahcpers

Back