• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

The solidus

Does anyone remember a book called The Solidus by Davey Towey.?It was published back in 1993 and I believe the author created some software based on the book.There was a plethora of software programs emerging around about that time as the PC was on the rise.Pro-Punter was popular and so was compunter and combayes.
I tried searching online for a copy of the solidus but nothing on Amazon or Ebay.Anyone here remember or have a copy.
Kenny

I think that might be Simple Software it's SLQ based and been around for a long time...

People e-mail me and ask about my own betting strategy. Above is an example of one strategy but I just do a plain level bet to win at Betfair and only bet a percentage of my `pot` each day. I try and get the best odds as I can. I contunually analyse all the results of 117,399 flat races and 82,270 hunt races since 1994 (at 30/07/2014) and tried to find the best way to use the program.
When I started Simple Software Racing in 1994, it was based on Davey Towey`s book `The Solidus`, under his direction. We input the results data ourselves from the Racing Post and the Sporting Life newspapers.
Davey didn`t like the All Weather and there were no co-efficents for the Irish courses in his book either. Some of the figures in the book were changed by Davey in Biro in the copy I worked from.
When he disappeared to Ireland, I managed to get a daily data supply, continued with the MS-DOS version and wrote the first Windows version of the software.

Back