• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ten point profit per month

Horse racing
Creative Flair.......0.5pt 2 places Win BFSP 2.83 +0.90
Creative Flair.......0.5pt 3 places Win BFSP 1.90 +0.44

Tennis

Match delayed until 10.00 today.

EDIT : Tennis bet a loser. -0.75

Football

All three bets got halfway there.
One of those days with strange results. Even Man City made a meal of it. -2.25

Total for today.............-1.66
Running total..............-1.125

Last edited:
Intrinsic Bond rolled in last of 8 yesterday. Didn't seem suited by the going which to my eye looked Soft to Heavy ( Heavy in lots of places ).

The Mirandes football bet was looking ok until the 87th minute when Lugo got a penalty.....and then another at 90+2' which finished off that bet.

I'm not sure, sometimes, if it is possible to win at this game of gambling!! lol.......Still, I may retreat often, but I never throw in the towel.

Horse racing -1.00
Football -2.00

Total for yesterday.............-3.00
Running total......................-4.125

16th May....

Horse racing
3.35 Ripon...............Eagle Court................0.5pt Win BFSP
3.55 Wexford.........Gold Des Bois............0.5pt Win BFSP.......non runner
3.05 Ripon..............Three Platoon.........0.5pt Win BFSP

Football
Fuenlabrada v Rayo Vallecano ( 15.00 LaLiga2 )..........DRAW 0.5pt ( BFX 3.15 )

Last edited:
16th May....

Horse racing
3.35 Ripon...............Eagle Court................0.5pt Win BFSP
3.55 Wexford.........Gold Des Bois............0.5pt Win BFSP.......non runner
3.05 Ripon..............Three Platoon.........0.5pt Win BFSP

Football
Fuenlabrada v Rayo Vallecano ( 15.00 LaLiga2 )..........DRAW 0.5pt ( BFX 3.15 )
Just found this thread and found it interesting, no disrespect to you but i think you could be trying to cover too many sports,i probably watch as much football as racing but i very rarely bet on football
i find my judgement is clouded because i want some teams to beat others just on a like or dislike of the teams involved , i took early retirement in February and try to treat my gambling as an extra income . So far ive been successful but thats because i try to specialize im my case jump racing anyway i wish you all the best and hope you make the profit you want.

Hi C Coseleymon Thanks for looking in. Yes, you are probably right. This is all a work in progress. The original idea was to take little snippets of 'value' from different areas but as that generally involved 'odds-on' betting that really is/was a no-go.
Tennis is new to me from a betting perspective and, if I am honest with myself, I don't know enough about all the players.....so that's dropped.
Football, too, I've tried to take on all leagues, where in the past I've usually just focused on top Euro leagues.....so cut back needed.

Horse racing.....now that's an area where I have totally lost my way. I don't know what's wrong or why I cannot focus. I have been much better in the past. I think it's because I don't watch racing live and I don't pay attention to the racing world 'news' these days. I just play everything by the stats and numbers ( and get it wrong ). Also, I used to be a strict Win only bettor but now I am all over the shop with place betting, forecasts and exacta's.....dear oh dear.....lol

Well done with your specialization with the jumps racing. I hope it continues for you. Of the three areas, I think that's the 'easiest' but I've never been a great fan, preferring sprints ( when I used to focus ).

Last edited:
I'm going to focus only on races of 8 to 12 runners for this. The good thing here for me is that I can do this the evening before.
I guess it's going to be an extension of my 'trending' which I enjoyed the Flat season before last.

And I couldn't wait......lol.
Three races tomorrow, each with two selections in, for 0.5pt each at BFSP.

1.35 Carlisle
1.35 Carl a.png
1.35 Carl b.png

4.15 Redcar
4.15 Redcar a.png
4.15 Redcar b.png

6.20 Windsor
6.20 Wind a.png
6.20 Wind b.png

Each race is approached differently but with an emphasise on draw stats.

Please could you do me a favour and not throw your selections for these races up against mine for the time being. Thanks.

I'm going to focus only on races of 8 to 12 runners for this. The good thing here for me is that I can do this the evening before.
I guess it's going to be an extension of my 'trending' which I enjoyed the Flat season before last.

And I couldn't wait......lol.
Three races tomorrow, each with two selections in, for 0.5pt each at BFSP.

1.35 Carlisle
View attachment 100601
View attachment 100602

4.15 Redcar
View attachment 100603
View attachment 100604

6.20 Windsor
View attachment 100605
View attachment 100606

Each race is approached differently but with an emphasise on draw stats.

Please could you do me a favour and not throw your selections for these races up against mine for the time being. Thanks.
Good luck hope you get off to winning start

A fourth, a second, two non-runners and two lasts!!.....

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-2.00

Total for today......................-2.00
Running total.......................-7.625

18th May.....
5½ furlong races will be bungled in with the 5f's ( cannot miss out on my home city racing!! )

12.30 Brighton ( 5½f ).........0.5pt each BFSP

Wiff Waff
Big Time Maybe

NB./ I'm feeling quietly confident that I can turn this around here, and my betting in general.
Started to watch a lot of 5f races and I am beginning to get a bit of 'focus' again.

Wiff Waff 2nd at 4/1, Big Time Maybe 5th at 8/1..

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-1.00

Total for today......................-1.00
Running total.......................-8.625

There are no All-aged minimum distance Handicap races tomorrow.

20th May......

4.55 Lingfield.........5f
Hey Ho Let's Go
1pt Win BFSP

Hey Ho Let's Go is taken to collect here again after it's fast closing CD win last September.
Hopefully the Soft ( or worse ) going isn't going to be a problem as he has shown he can act on the past.

Negatives:
Shani has only a career best of winning a seller.
Scale Force has not raced on turf for a long time.
Lethal Blast running on a career high of 58. Don't think the treble is up, and also, yet to run on turf.
Buy Me Back may need the run.
Haveoneyerself may need to be around the 60 mark or less to win again.
Tilsworth Rose would have a chance here if it was a Class 6 race, but it's not.
Remanding two look of of their depth here.

8.10 Chelmsford.......5f
Dark Side Prince
Katherine Place
0.5pt on each BFSP

Systematic elimination for this AW race.
Pointless trying any 'form' reading as such ( not that I can really.....lol ).

Last edited:
Lethal Blast had more improvement to come and I got that one wrong. Hey Ho Let's Go didn't run a bad race finishing 4th and I'll be watching for the opportunity to back him again.
Dark Side Prince won ( BFSP 2.31 ), but after a few non-runners, the price ended a little on the short side.

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-1.00, +0.64, -0.50

Total for today......................-0.86
Running total.......................-9.485

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21th May.....

4.45 Bath...........5f

Newyorkstateofmind
Pettochside
0.5pt on each BFSP

8.50 Catterick........5f
Wades Magic
Economic Crisis
0.5pt on each BFSP

Last edited:
A better day yesterday.

In a race decimated by non-runners ( 12>5 ) Pettochside gives me a much needed win at 11/4 ( BSP 3.85 ) with Newyorkstateofmind being one of the non-runners. It was great to see this 12yo win by 5 lengths. This horse has never had a year without a win or two, except his very first as a 2yo where he only had one race as a 33/1 outsider ( 2011 ).

In the last, at Catterick, Wades Magic, one of the two youngest in the race who fill 1st and 2nd, wins at 9/2 ( BSP 6.66 ).
Economic Crisis, another 12yo, runs better than her odds coming 5th at 22/1.

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........n/r, +1.40, +2.77, -0.50

Total for today......................+3.67
Running total........................-5.185

There are just two All-aged 5f Handicaps today - one of 6 runners and the other with 13 runners - both outside my 8 to 12 runner rule.
As I really would like to get involved with the York race I've decided to widen the net a little and now do races of 6 to 14 runners.
My selection method has got a little quicker anyway, and so still keeping with 5f-5½f races, for the time being, it shouldn't pose a problem.
Back later.

Thanks mick mick I'm just trying to gain some structure and focus with my bets - hopefully it will work long term. I have always preferred sprint races.
The 'ten point profit per month' is out of the window really but I guess it can stay for the time being.

Although it's obvious really, I hadn't realised how much I am moving into Speed Figure territory. Recent mentions of Lethal Blast by Mike and your talk with Dave about 'backmarkers' ( a term meaning, I guess, those not finishing as best as they could ) prompted this thought.

A horse that puzzled me recently, namely Militia ( backed last Monday ), who rolled in last when it seemed the jockey stopped riding a furlong out could have brought that topic on. This horse was in the top two for both Mike and Dave in that race when checking retrospectively.

So with speed figures, I tend to be a little wary, and try to just involve Distance, Class, Draw and a touch of Pedigree.
I know you don't use Speed ratings with for your selections, and you generally go up to 1 mile (?), but do I think they may be necessary at the minimum distance?

Back