• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ten point profit per month

System A Horse Racing : 4 places
3.25 Lingfield..........Parents Prayer
1pt for 4 places at BFSP

System C General Football : Cardiff v Rotherham ( 12.30 Championship )
Cardiff.png
0.5pt @ 100/30

Last edited:
You may be a little early starting this as there was no flat racing Mar to May last year, leaves a hole in the stats. retriever retriever

Nige
Yes, you are probably right regarding Flat betting.
This is all still very much in the experimental stage until I find systems/areas/methods that I am happy with.
Like now....I'm thinking I need to be playing a bit higher than I have been.....above Evens for the returns on bets.
A risk to reward ratio of 1:1+

System A Horse Racing : 4 places...........-0.025
Parents Prayer dead-heated for 4th place with an SP of 1.95 so according to Betfair Exchange's rules I am left with a loss on the bet of 0.025

System C General Football................-0.50

Total for today.............-0.525
Running total..............+0.995

You may be a little early starting this as there was no flat racing Mar to May last year, leaves a hole in the stats. retriever retriever

Nige
A good point Nige and proving a sod at present, because if i have a possible bet i always like to have a look at what occurred in the race last season. Although tbf i think we got a result with only a three month lockdown of racing. :)

Last edited:
System A Horse Racing : 4 places...........-1.00
Raise You front ran, and as soon as I see this, I know the bet is doomed. Why jockeys do it I'll never know - wastes so much of the horses energy being a frontrunner.
This system is dropped for a while until I can get a better handle on it.

System C General Football
Home Win Double.....................+1.04
Unders Double.............................-0.50

Total for today.............-0.46
Running total..............+0.535

I personally think retriever retriever place betting is really tough at present, maybe choose ones with less weight to carry, also as you say the further the trip the harder it is to stay in front, some of the old time jockeys knew of this element and would look into form book for clues, LP was a master at knowing his horses and how to ride them for their best.

some of the old time jockeys knew of this element and would look into form book for clues, LP was a master at knowing his horses and how to ride them for their best.
I have a framed black and white picture of a 12yo Lester sitting on an upturned bucket outside a stable box with the horse looking down on him, while he reads Racing up to date the official form book. Certainly a sign of things to come.

I have a framed black and white picture of a 12yo Lester sitting on an upturned bucket outside a stable box with the horse looking down on him, while he reads Racing up to date the official form book. Certainly a sign of things to come.

Thats good mick mick and he was not as light as some of the jockeys either he always struggled keeping his weight down.

Hi all......I'm going to simplify the bet categories to just Horse racing, Football and Tennis from here on.
Still half a month to go to reach my 10 point target......

Friday 14th May.......... ( Total outlay = 4 points )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tennis
WTA Rome 2021 : Swiatek v Svitolina : 17.00
Number of Sets : Three
0.75pt @ 2.4 General

Horse racing
2.10 York........Creative Flair
0.5pt for 2 places BFSP
0.5pt for 3 places BFSP

Football