• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ten point profit per month

mick

Sire
retriever retriever Re your above i did not wish to post negative at the start of your new thread but my thoughts where that 10pts per month is a difficult ask and perhaps attempting to average same over the longer term would prove a more comfortable objective. ? Race dist my area is 5 - 10 fur and i do not use speed figs other than to check the time based going against the official version when looking at an animals past races.

I feel a case of each to there own because we have members who do good work via race times and ratings obtained from same. :)

retriever

Gelding
Yes, I think a longer term perspective regarding the 10pts per month is going to be needed. I wanted to involve other sports but my time is limited to study the various fields. Finding a balance between staking and potential returns is the key here I think.
I think I will observe the good folks speed figures, that are made available here, whether pre-race or post-race, and see if I can add to my 'race visualisation' and learning, so to speak.

retriever

Gelding
Well, these races are short and sweet......or should that be short and sour??!!.....
Oh, I'm feeling hungry now......guess it will have to be a sweet and sour tonight...

Blue De Vega.......finished 4th of 6 at 8/1
Ishvara..................ran well to finish 2nd at 14/1 but was never going to catch Frankie on Arecibo.

Mondammej.......10th of 12 at 8/1
Makanah.............not disgraced finishing 4th at 16/1

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-2.00

Total for today.......................-2.00
Running total........................-7.185

No suitable races tomorrow.
N

Last edited:

retriever

Gelding
That's a nice surprise to get home to!!
Two things I did right today....one.....a winner.....and two.....left my ( personal ) bet to BFSP......I very nearly took a price this morning, on each, around half that....( BFSP 20.00 )

Captain Ryan - oldest boy in the race wins. That's not part of my selection method, btw.....just coincidence again.
Hard Solution ran 4th at 11/1.

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-0.50, +9.31

Total for today......................+8.81
Running total........................+1.625

We can wish hedgehog hedgehog ......we can wish :)

Last edited:

retriever

Gelding
1.45 Musselburgh.........5f
Mansfield
Corton Lass
0.5pt on each BFSP

8.35 Lingfield...........5f
Lethal Blast
Spurofthemoment
0.5pt on each BFSP

When I looked at these races last night I felt I wanted to avoid both.

Mansfield has a chance and I am happy with that one.....just. Corton Lass, still a maiden after 34 runs could be a foolish pick but there is something about her C & D run race before last that make me feel this grey is capable of being in the mix of these. If she can only get her head down.

Lethal Blast, although I opposed last time, ran a blinder as most of you will know, and from Stall 1 will be probably be hard to peg back. Probably the fastest breaker from the gates I've seen in recent times. The only problem is the shortish price and my habit of wishing to lay such. Spurofthemoment looks the best of the rest.

Last edited:

retriever

Gelding
Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-2.00

Total for today......................-2.00
Running total........................-0.375

retriever

Gelding
I am going to try something for the remainder of the month.
I am going to take on all 5f races - disregarding the number of runners.

I have done some preliminary testing with a very basic selection process using the tools within HRB.
Hopefully I can establish a base for next months attempt at a 10 points profit.
I will draw a line under this month whether I finish up or down.

All races are 5f - 5½f.
Each selection will be 1pt at BFSP ( less 2% comm. )

26th May......

1.45 Beverley.........2yo Non-hcap
The Brazen One
Vieux Carre

2.10 Hamilton........2yo Non-hcap
Atomic Force
Dandy Dinmont

5.10 Hamilton..........4yo+ Hcap
Sound Of Iona
Lady Celia

5.20 Beverley...........3yo+ Hcap
Pull Harder Con
Lucky Beggar

6.50 Wolverhampton..........2yo Non-hcap
Sagittarius
Lucky Shake

retriever

Gelding
I think today was one of those 'stupid' days with the results. Favourites winning at silly prices and my only winner was one of them.

Beverley abandoned. So from ten bets - 5 non-runners - 1 winner ( BFSP 1.55 ) - 4 losers.

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-4.00, +0.54

Total for today......................-3.46
Running total........................-3.835

retriever

Gelding
27th May......

All races are 5f - 5½f.

3.25 Haydock.........2yo Non-Hcap
Jadhlaan
Ragging

3.55 Haydock........3yo Handicap
Pacopash
Havagomecca

4.30 Haydock.........4yo+ Handicap
John Kirkup
Somewhere Secret

5.15 Ripon...........4yo+ Handicap
Van Gerwen
San Juan

5.30 Carlisle.........2yo Non-Hcap
Frisky
Wee Loch Lass

6.15 Sandown...........2yo Non-Hcap
Hotline Bling
Navello

retriever

Gelding
Thanks F Frontrunner .......and 'likers' (y)

Raging 3/1 - BFSP 4.43
Havagomecca 5/2 - BFSP 3.61
Van Gerwen 8/1 - BFSP 9.15
Wee Loch Lass 5/2 - BFSP 3.96

Non-runners - Pacopash
7 losers

Horse racing ( 5f - 5½f ).........-7.00, +3.36, +2.56, +7.99, +2.9

Total for today......................+9.81
Running total........................+5.98

7 races to do for tomorrow, 6 for Saturday, 3 for Sunday, and Bank Holiday Monday, there's only 4 !!

retriever

Gelding
28th May........

All races are 5f - 5½f.

1.00 Carlisle.........2yo Non-Hcap Novice
Korker
Shamlaan

1.35 Carlisle...........4yo+ Handicap
Marvel
Sharrabang

1.45 Brighton.........2yo Non-Hcap Maiden
Bolton Abbey
Chanteiro

2.10 Carlisle...........3yo Handicap
Secret Handsheikh
Night On Earth

2.40 Carlisle..........3yo+ Handicap
Shepherds Way
Fox Hill

6.35 Pontefract...........3yo+ Non-Hcap Novice
Follow Your Heart
Blazing Son

8.50 Pontefract...........4yo+ Handicap
Soul Seeker
Ventura Express

14 point outlay today barring non-runners. Could be a total disaster!! Some bigger priced selections in the mix.....at least 5 >10/1.......hopefully one will oblige.
Incidentally, picks are listed by order of racecard numbers, not necessarily a preference.
I do realise that operating at this much higher level ( outlay ) that the bank, and the correct amount per point, will have to be ascertained.

Last edited: