• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Tapatalk

Rhinoz

Filly
I'm a big fan of Tapatalk due to using my phone and tablet far more than I do my pc.

I did a search on the forums to make sure it's not been asked for already but found nothing.

Would it be possible to enable Tapatalk on the forums or is it something you would rather avoid?

Why?

The forum is completely responsive and works perfectly on phones and tablets, unless you know otherwise?

Why?

The forum is completely responsive and works perfectly on phones and tablets, unless you know otherwise?

Big hands = big fingers = pressing wrong forum buttons on phone.

I have to be extra careful when navigating, in regards to it working on phones and tablets it is working perfectly.

I thought it may have been a flick of a switch to enable hence why I thought it was worth asking.

Apart from Tapatalk being easier to use on phones for forums and it could of attracted more new members.

Last edited:
Its never been about the quantity Rhinoz Rhinoz

Its all about the quality.

And i dont think theres a finer bunch of minds anywhere taking on the bookies than those in the Inner Sanctum. That being said, the amount of useful information even on the Outer Sanctum is truly awesome and more than enough to improve the day to day punter. The things i have learnt here would have blown my naive horse racing mind five years ago. There are people here i can only aspire to be like, but it never stops me from trying and if anything pushes me on to new ideas. I wont name names to spare peoples blushes but i suspect we all know who they are.

Its never been about the quantity Rhinoz Rhinoz

Its all about the quality.

I totally agree Sigster Sigster, as you know though quality can come from quantity, for every 20 new members who sign up a shining star may shine through.

I can see there are plenty of very helpful and very, very knowledge members here already, I wasn't indicating the forums needed new members just trying to show a positive side to Tapatalk.

I guess as a new member myself I was just trying to bring a fresh idea but I fully understand there may be other concerns regarding third party software integrating into what's already a fine running ship.

Why fix it if it's not broken ;)

This is a serious question, I used tapatalk when accesing UKBT on my phone as it was a pain in the arse to keep zooming and panning when accesing the site directly through a browser, however as this forum is , to my mind, pefectly useable on a smart phone when using a browser what would tapatalk do to enhance the experience?

This is a serious question, I used tapatalk when accesing UKBT on my phone as it was a pain in the arse to keep zooming and panning when accesing the site directly through a browser, however as this forum is , to my mind, pefectly useable on a smart phone when using a browser what would tapatalk do to enhance the experience?

We may get more proctologists joining the Forum as they all seem to have big fingers :crazy:

......what would tapatalk do to enhance the experience?

For me Tapatalk simplifies the process, I open it up click the forum I want and it's straight into the latest posts by use of the timeline.

On here via the browser I use my bookmarks, click new posts then I have to click recent posts in case anyone has replied to one of my posts, I could just bookmark the last part I guess.

It's not a big issue just something I thought worth mentioning, I'm glad to know you've used it before as nothing worse than an idea being shot down when it's not at least been tried.

You can setup your preferences to get alerts sent to you by email when anyone replies to a thread you have started or are watching. Or you can just get Alerts that are visible when you next logon to the forum.

I can't see any difference in clicking New Posts on the forum via a browssr or using Tapatalk to and clicking on the timeline:confused:

Last edited:
I can't see any difference in clicking New Posts on the forum via a browssr or using Tapatalk to and clicking on the timeline:confused:

If your already in Tapatalk visiting other forums then it makes a difference, if you had Tapatalk accessible then it gives your members here a choice, if you wanted to carry on using a browssr then you could, if a member wanted to use Tapatalk they could and everyone would be a happy chappy.

To be honest this is becoming a mountain out of a molehill, I was only suggesting not ordering you to set it up afterall i'm in the forums suggestion area.

I don't want to come across as a nightmare new member on your forums but I'm beginning to feel that way by some of the replies i'm getting.

I'll slow down my integration into your community so that yourself and your members realise I'm not here to cause any conflict but here to become a well respected member.

Sorry you feel that way Rhinoz Rhinoz
All I am/was trying to do is understand where you are are coming from.

Simply put you are the first to request this functionality and I wanted to know what benefits you would get from it.
Apart from making it easier for tapatalk users to browse multiple forums I can't really see the need.

All the Best
AR

Back