• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Steve's AW Speed Ratings

So Wolvs not been very kind to me at the moment and another day where non of the bottom rated won but a couple did place, anyway here are yesterdays results

Attachments

• Wolvs290321.xlsx
    66.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi Delboy99 Delboy99 and welcome Jonathan Pritchard Jonathan Pritchard
yes 12.5 points profit is not to be sniffed at, not done lays for many years now but any angle that yields a profit is always worth looking at though.
.... the only thing which I find about laying is often the risk factor. One has to have a lot of bottle to make money laying and rely on all selections running like donkeys.I’m not a big fan of laying myself and I believe that making money one has to have a cast iron constitution. ;)

.... the only thing which I find about laying is often the risk factor. One has to have a lot of bottle to make money laying and rely on all selections running like donkeys.I’m not a big fan of laying myself and I believe that making money one has to have a cast iron constitution. ;)
Yeah agree, some of the odds are pretty high but can be managed by half stakes etc

Yeah agree, some of the odds are pretty high but can be managed by half stakes etc
..... even at half stakes you could be talking in excess of 20-30 at least to win 1. Not a good gamble in my book. Great when they lose but there is always that nagging feeling at the back of your mind that they are gonna come in when your hard earned is being risked. I noticed on last Saturday's results I think, that there was a second bottom rated finishes second, so pretty near and not all plain sailing! ;)

Yes i remember from when i used to do it, it was a big gamble you only needed one of those to win and that would wipe you out and i gave it up in the end.
So yesterdays results were a lot better than the past few days with 5 top rated winners and 1 second rated winner

Attachments

• Wolvs300321.xlsx
    85.4 KB · Views: 2
.... if you stick to 10 runner or less races and backing top rated only, it would have resulted in 1 non runner, 1 3rd and 1 unplaced. So -2 pts looking for straight wins. So not much damage there. ;)

Back