• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Steve's AW Speed Ratings

.... hi Steve, I’m not really much of a horsey man as football is my main interest along with cricket. I am taken with your ratings which are so very nicely presented. Looking at some of your results sheets it looks like you don’t do too badly with your 1,2,3. Have you any records of what you would have achieved had you backed the first three highlighted in your ratings sheet, as they seem to do OK. Some nice winners in there. Looks like you don’t get the support you deserve in your presentation of these ratings. ;)

Hi Delboy99 Delboy99
Thank you for looking in and thank you for the comments, at the moment i dont have any records of how they perform but i have been thinking about keeping some sort of record of how the top 3 get on.
They do seem to find some nice price winners on occation and maybe could Dutch bet them, but they are just like any other set of ratings in that they can be used to help narrow down the field.
Just like anything else they can and do get it wrong and would never advise anybody to just blindly back any set of ratings no matter how good the results look.
I should imagine if i backed my top 3 blindly in each race then i would think that approach would have put me in the poor house by now to be honest and it is not something i would encourage anybody to do.
To me creating my speed figures is really just a hobby and something to keep my mind active, i do have a bet now and again but not on a regular basis and pick horses from my top 3 to put together a bet for small stakes after looking into each a little deeper.
I know my thread is not the most liveliest but to be fair my actual knowledge of horse racing is a little limited/basic and some of the members could loose me hands down when it came to any kind of indepth chat and so to be fair i dont think i could contribute in a meaningful way.
Hope this has helped answer your questions and glad you like my sheets.

cheers
SteveT

I know my thread is not the most liveliest but to be fair my actual knowledge of horse racing is a little limited/basic and some of the members could loose me hands down when it came to any kind of indepth chat and so to be fair i dont think i could contribute in a meaningful way.
...... just looking at the ratings seems to me that you must have a certain amount of knowledge to be able to produce these. Your efforts are seemingly better than you give yourself credit for, and I am equally sure that could more than hold your own in any horsey situation. Still think you do a decent job and I am sure it gives like minded punters a decent insight into your chosen races. Keep up the good work. ;)

Hi Delboy99 Delboy99
Thank you for saying so, yes you must be able to understand the process of creating the figures and be able to interpret what they are telling you or else you are just looking at a set of numbers.
I put together the race cards and then add the ratings so i can sort them into highest to lowest figures and from this i can usually just look at the top 3 for the winner. I dont always get it right tho and am currently looking at another angle because it is not always the horse with the best speed that wins regarding its previous history.
This may seem odd but what i mean is if i take a horses average speed in MPH sometimes this can show it has run a 5f race at todays course say at 38 MPH and that is the fastest of any of the other horses in the race, so logic tells you this has the best chance of winning yet looking a little deeper that horse achieved that top speed and placed 6th or 7th at that same course and distance why ?.
I have just recently started adding the extra ratings sheet to my workbooks at someones request and my database goes back as far as 2016 for this info so that can be filtered as the rating i use for each horse comes from its last race and some people like to see what it has been able to achieve over the previous year or it last 6 races or its best figure over its career and after some help from another member i can now do this automatically where as before i had to do it manually which just took to long to do.

cheers
SteveT

Yesterdays results, a pretty bland day i think
... actually they were not as bad as you think they were. I still think there may be some leverage in backing your first three selections in some sort of way. You seem to be getting some reasonable results and often the prices are not too bad either. Sometimes I have problems with the football ratings that I do every week on the football threads. ;) ;)

Back